Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August Sleevers out there?

Aug 11/2018 HW 326 and Current Weight 260. Could be less haven’t checked in a week plus sick with flu. But I hardly get my Water, Protein or exercise in. So I probably could of been less by now but I’m just to focused on other aspects of my life. Good luck to all my fellow sit sleevers. We got this!

I had gastric sleeve Aug 31 and I have lost 64 lbs. But still having trouble with reflux. Nothing really seems to help. Eating is not fun or enjoyable anymore

5 hours ago, ticelinda said:

Eating is not fun or enjoyable anymore

I agree....but I don't want it to be or maybe I'd over eat again. food is just fuel....not supposed to fill our pleasure needs.

I got sleeved 8/1/18....have lost 73#, now weighing 156. I'm 65 yrs old and feel like I'm 30 again!! This surgery was the best thing I've ever done...wish I did it long ago. No pain or n/v so recovery has been easy. Was wearing a 2X....now wearing a medium. Goal is 130#. Reading these forums has helped me adjust to this new lifestyle.

I got sleeved Aug 2nd. I’m down 41 lbs since surgery and 61lbs from my starting weight before surgery. I plan on doing a 5 day pouch reset for the new year. I’ve had a few plateaus and I haven’t been great about the gym. But I’m almost out of the 200s. Haven’t been under 200 in almost 10 years

I agree....but I don't want it to be or maybe I'd over eat again. food is just fuel....not supposed to fill our pleasure needs.
I got sleeved 8/1/18....have lost 73#, now weighing 156. I'm 65 yrs old and feel like I'm 30 again!! This surgery was the best thing I've ever done...wish I did it long ago. No pain or n/v so recovery has been easy. Was wearing a 2X....now wearing a medium. Goal is 130#. Reading these forums has helped me adjust to this new lifestyle.
Congratulations! 73 lbs since August, wow! Good for you!

I got sleeved Aug 2nd. I’m down 41 lbs since surgery and 61lbs from my starting weight before surgery. I plan on doing a 5 day pouch reset for the new year. I’ve had a few plateaus and I haven’t been great about the gym. But I’m almost out of the 200s. Haven’t been under 200 in almost 10 years
Congratulations on the 61lb loss thus far! I'm almost out of the 200s also and am so excited for that milestone!

On 12/29/2018 at 4:53 PM, ticelinda said:

Eating is not fun or enjoyable anymore

I still seem to be grieving over this aspect. I miss enjoying a nice dinner out. I'm working through the mental and emotional aspect of it all. It's a struggle. 😔

How's everyone doing in the new year so far? I've been doing great. Had a slow loss in Dec (my own fault). I've already lost more in January than in December and only half way through the month! I was sleeved 8/16 and I'm down 69.2 from HW and 50.5 from SW. I've lost 44 inches too. Gone from a size 24 pants to a 16 or 18, a size 3X or 22/24 top to XL or 14/16, and a 44C bra to a 38/40 C/D. I've also been doing Zumba, which I love. I want to try kickboxing too. I'm super happy with my progress. I attached my most recent progress pic.

Jen WL.jpg

Edited by jenngetsthin

How's everyone doing in the new year so far? I've been doing great. Had a slow loss in Dec (my own fault). I've already lost more in January than in December and only half way through the month! I was sleeved 8/16 and I'm down 69.2 from HW and 50.5 from SW. I've lost 44 inches too. Gone from a size 24 pants to a 16 or 18, a size 3X or 22/24 top to XL or 14/16, and a 44C bra to a 38/40 C/D. I've also been doing Zumba, which I love. I want to try kickboxing too. I'm super happy with my progress. I attached my most recent progress pic.
1146010052_JenWL.thumb.jpg.12274e348b475dd4e0645cad9fbc4df7.jpg
That's awesome! I'M proud of you, keep working! I'm down 105 pounds as of monday, 95 since surgery. Down from a 28 to a 20/22, sometimes an 18. I work out 6x a week, weight train 3x. Working on seeing the chance instead of having body dysmorphia. I'll get there! 20181216_100953.jpeg 20190118_161008.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Doing great fellow August sleevers. 59 pounds for me. Started Noom a couple of weeks ago and love the added focus. Didn’t lose a lot in December, but I didn’t gain my normal 5 pounds.

I’m doing well too. Lost 81 pounds so far. I got stuck on the same weight for like a month. The week before Christmas until just last week. Stepped up the exercise and broke through the wall. Can’t tell you how great I feel. My bad knee isn’t so bad anymore. If I take another 50# off of it...I may be able to skip the knee replacement surgery all together. My bad shoulder is still shot but whatthe heck...I’m totally pumped at my health. My diabetes and sleep apnea cleared up in the hospital. Blood pressure perfect and my heart rate is great too. So glad I had the surgery...life is great and getting better😄

Edited by AFVet

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, MusicalKate13 said:

That's awesome! I'M proud of you, keep working! I'm down 105 pounds as of monday, 95 since surgery. Down from a 28 to a 20/22, sometimes an 18. I work out 6x a week, weight train 3x. Working on seeing the chance instead of having body dysmorphia. I'll get there! 20181216_100953.jpeg 20190118_161008.jpeg

You look amazing! Great job. You work out a lot!

looking great keep up the good work

You look amazing! Great job. You work out a lot!
Thank you! I was a college athlete and had the surgery due to Cushing syndrome, so it wasn't as didficult for me to get back into the swing of things