Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August Sleevers out there?

How are you progressing? I feel in slo-mo. Down only 22 pounds since my Sleeve on August 30th. I' m older than most of you at 62, so maybe I'm a slow loser, but I'm disheartened with my numbers.

Hi I was sleeved 8/20. I lost 10 lbs pre-op and 40 post-op. Religiously getting in Protein and fluids. Not as religious about exercise (3-4 times/week max). I am happy with my progress. Everyone is different. Hang in there and it will be worth it!

So you are almost 10-weeks post op and 22 pounds...that’s great! 2.2 pounds a week You’ll get there before you know it. I’m a man and it’s a fact men lose faster then woman (so says my loving bride of 37yrs, Barbara). I feel like I’m doing great losing 3lbs a week. Don’t feel bad, kick it up a notch and see what happens. I got stuck for almost 2 weeks, so added 5 more minutes of exercise and cut back calories from 750 to 650 and broke through the wall.

I had surgery on 8/29/18 I’m losing steadily, I stall a lot but it’s coming off, I do walk a lot and go to gym a few times a week, so far I’ve lost 33 lbs but I think you are doing good also...just keep it up and in a years time we will all be at goal 🎊👏🏽

August 29th I was sleeved and I am down 23 pounds since surgery. I follow all of the rules. People with more to lose will lose it faster. So chin up we are doing great. Forward progress is just that it’s progress. I ask myself when is the last time I weight what I weigh today. That’s right I can’t remember and when is the last time any diet help me go down 23 pounds in 10 weeks....oh that’s right NEVER! So who cares if it takes us a few more months than others to get to goal. The point is we will get there! Hope this helps you and let’s you know that you are not alone :)

I was sleeved Aug 29 at 275 lbs. As of today I have lost 42 lbs and lost 10 lbs pre-surgery. For the last 3 weeks been pretty steady though and weight-loss has stopped, however I notice my clothes keeps getting bigger and my belt sizes have become smaller. I think during these stalls your body redistributes adipose fat and Water and you continue to lose inflammation without losing lbs. I believe the 1st 3 months you are supposed to lose 33% of your excess weight. I have not started to work out rigorously besides getting my steps in at the gym at a normal pace. While my numbers are not bad I do sometimes get ahead of myself with the weight on my scale then I have to remind myself its a process so hang in there all you August sleevers!

Hey Folks, ever notice we have a load of people with 123 in their pen-names? It has got to be a super large family, I though with all the Fertile Myrtles and Happy Harry's in mine, my family was big but the "123" are more prevelent!

I WAS ALSO SLEEVED ON 8/29 WAS 306 THE DAY OF SURGERY TODAY IM 262 UPS AND DOWN FOR SURE TRY TO WALK EVERY DAY TRY TO GET MY Water EVERY DAY NEVER GET ENOUGH STILL TRYING TO GET ALL MY Protein IN I CANT SEE A LOT OF CHANGE OTHERS SAY THEY CAN STILL MOVING FORWARD TO THE GOAL !!!!!

Hi! I had my surgery August 17th. I lost 45lb since surgery. I am 25 years old. Just know that my numbers might look good, but I am mentally unhappy. I miss food. We all have our struggles. Perhaps I am depriving myself too much. Take it slow. You’ll be fine. Just listen to the sleeve :)

Hi,

Had my sleeve Aug 2. Lost 42 pounds pre-op and 39 so far post-op, also less than the "average" 30% of my excess weight. I am going through the Hair loss right now, though it doesn't look it on my head, just loads in my brush.

I have not been exercising like I should, frankly, so likely that is why.

On another note, if anyone can help: I have always had a hanging abdomen since I had kids, and moatly dealt with it by wearing tunics. But in the last five years, I have developed a hanging mons pubis (the fat pad above the vagina). I have worn shorts under my leggings as regular underwear's narrow crotch just allows it to fall out through the leg opening, which is not only painful, as it binds across the skin, but is visible as a big lump in my pants. It is also embarrassing as my daughter noticed that it can hang out of the leg of my shorts...like having one huge ********. Due to that, I had a consult with plastics, but of course, he said lose more and get to a stable weight first, and suggested a custom support garment; though not WHERE I could get one. Any ideas?

Seems like us Aug sleevers are pretty much for the most part with a similar journey. There are 2 issues I am dealing with as of now being 2 months post op. One is coffee, for some reason coffee is giving me headaches, not throbbing headaches but mild head pains that come and go. I was headache free until recently bringing it back into my diet. Wondering if its dehydration since we are able to drink very little Water. The second is vertigo mainly when I lay down in my bed to fast, seems like when I move my head up or too fast in kicks in. Any you guys experiencing any of this.

1 hour ago, Alex123 said:

Seems like us Aug sleevers are pretty much for the most part with a similar journey. There are 2 issues I am dealing with as of now being 2 months post op. One is coffee, for some reason coffee is giving me headaches, not throbbing headaches but mild head pains that come and go. I was Headache free until recently bringing it back into my diet. Wondering if its dehydration since we are able to drink very little Water. The second is vertigo mainly when I lay down in my bed to fast, seems like when I move my head up or too fast in kicks in. Any you guys experiencing any of this.

HI ALEX

I HAVE HAD SOME DIZZY SPELLS AS WELL I PUT IT TO LACK OF Water OR food MAYBE IM WRONG COULD NOT DRINK COFFEE AT ALL AT FIRST NOW I HAVE BEEN HAVING ONE CUP A DAY BEFORE SURGERY I WOULD DRINK A POT FULL EVERYDAY BEFORE WORK EXERCISE ENHANCES THE DIZZINESS JUST HAVE TO GO SLOW NO REAL FAST HEAD MOVEMENTS LOL I THINK THIS TO SHALL PASS(I HOPE)

I was sleeved 8/16 and I've lost 37.1 since surgery and 55.8 including preop. I'm happy with my rate of loss. I'm 46, 5'4" and in perimenopause. It would take me months to lose a few pounds before surgery and I was always up and down the same 5-10 pounds.

Just checking in to see how all the August sleevers are doing and share mines with you guys as well. As for me my vertigo (BPPV) has reduced significantly. I think it has something to do with calorie intake because I was able to eat more solid foods and more salt intake it leveled out. The fatigue during my 1st month has also gone away. The Thanksgiving experience was interesting as well, I ate more from the wing since the meat is softer and stuck more to the soft foods like stuffing and potato salad. My weight loss is still ongoing thankfully but at a slow steady pace. Tomorrow is my 3 month anniversary and I am at 51lbs lost. So far everything feels like it is leveling out and my body is finally adjusting.

Down 32 lb since surgery on 8/21, 45 since pre-op diet began.

Looked online today to get some perspective. I just came out of a FOUR WEEK stall. Thought I'd lose my mind and also thought the weight loss might be done and that surgery failed? The last couple of days it is literally dropping off again. I've been good with my diet and really good with exercise (5x per week - spinning classes and running and noticeably stronger after 11 solid weeks of exercise). I hope things keep moving as it is hard to stay motivated when the scale does not move.

I had hoped that by Christmas I'd be about 15 pounds lower than I am now.....probably won't occur. However, I do feel amazing and have so much more energy these days.