Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like i can eat too much. Surgery was 10/24 ,,, i m on the puree stage. I had about 1/2 cup of cream Soup with 6

Minced ritz crackers mixed in ( was dying for some ooomph )

Seems i shouldnt b able to eat tht much.

My nut said 500 or less cals the 1st 3 months, w my nighttime Protein Shake, it will b about 550.

I m nervous off to a wrong path

Sent from my SM-G965U us

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Try thinning the Soup out with Bone Broth to reduce the cals and add a crunchy Protein chips or cracker instead of Ritz crackers if those are worrisome to you.

Measure and track everything!

Safe journey!

I'm in the same boat. But I had my surgery in April. I can eat so much now. I mean not at once though. I snack though. I can eat every few hours. So say my husband and kids get pizza for dinner...I can eat half a slice. Come back an hour later, eat another half. Come back an hour later etc....until I've eaten two or three pieces. I'm really struggling and my weight has stopped at 85 lbs lost.

Everyone says grazing is a sure way back to weight gain. My skinny friends never eat more than one piece of pizza

Edited by Lolo 2020

I'm wondering that myself. I'm still in the liquids phase, just moving into soft foods phase post-op only 15 days, so I'm eating about 500 calories a day right now and want to make sure I don't go crazy when I get to start adding food

My nutritionist said just be sensible - ur can eat 600-800 calories a day and try to get at least 60g Protein - I am 5 days post op and eating about 550 a day with 70g-80 g protein . I’m also pushing the walking though ...

On 12/25/2018 at 15:56, Agarate24 said:

I'm in the same boat. But I had my surgery in April. I can eat so much now. I mean not at once though. I snack though. I can eat every few hours. So say my husband and kids get pizza for dinner...I can eat half a slice. Come back an hour later, eat another half. Come back an hour later etc....until I've eaten two or three pieces. I'm really struggling and my weight has stopped at 85 lbs lost.

Whyyy on earth are you eating pizza

Miss time is up , seems like U don’t really want to make the lifestyle changes that will get and keep You a normal weight . As they have told us , this surgery is a tool , not a cure . Sure u can eat gallons of ice cream or graze on pizza and get sround it . I ate a few Fritos the other day and had some ice cream - but u can’t do it regularly and lose and/ or maintain a normal weight

On 03/04/2019 at 05:34, Lolo 2020 said:

Miss time is up , seems like U don’t really want to make the lifestyle changes that will get and keep You a normal weight . As they have told us , this surgery is a tool , not a cure . Sure u can eat gallons of ice cream or graze on pizza and get sround it . I ate a few Fritos the other day and had some ice cream - but u can’t do it regularly and lose and/ or maintain a normal weight

What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure cutting out pizza IS making the lifestyle changes necessary to succeed.....

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought I said u ate pizza, a little bit at a time ?