Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did everyone’s pain last? I’m 5 days post op and still have a lot of pain. I can get up and walk and do stuff but I hurt. The main area is right below my sternum. I’m getting my fluids and Protein in, I go real slow and take small sips so I don’t think it’s that. My stomach is still real bloated too. I don’t think I should be concerned yet, just curious about other people’s experiences.

For me the pain got worse from days 3-6. After that, it was much more manageable and got better everyday. The one pain that is real is the gas pain, and you might feel that in your back, shoulders, side, abdomen and the only thing that relieved that for me was 2 of the chewable Gas-x combined with walking around a bit. Hang in there it will get better!!!

And babycakes, Celebrate when it does and for the majority it will. You don't want to move to Stricture City with me! Oh it's an exclusive location, but. it's lonely there. You might be in the penthouse, but there are few to talk to- And every time you think you have found a buddy theirs gets fixed. You are left sad , sorrowful and querying "Why me Lord? I wanted to heal perfect too!" Well attempt #3 will be this Friday the 9th of November, 2 months, 4 days after the initial surgery. All shamans, medicine men and others of this ilk, Frustr8 wants made All Better!😷👍😪

17 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

And babycakes, Celebrate when it does and for the majority it will. You don't want to move to Stricture City with me! Oh it's an exclusive location, but. it's lonely there. You might be in the penthouse, but there are few to talk to- And every time you think you have found a buddy theirs gets fixed. You are left sad , sorrowful and querying "Why me Lord? I wanted to heal perfect too!" Well attempt #3 will be this Friday the 9th of November, 2 months, 4 days after the initial surgery. All shamans, medicine men and others of this ilk, Frustr8 wants made All Better!😷👍😪

Oh good luck Frustr8 I had no idea!!! Prayers and hugs your way...I'll be your buddy! So sorry to hear about your trouble!!! So happy that soon you will hopefully get things fixed! Please keep us posted about how things go on the 9th!!!

Dear Frustr8... sending you lots of healing hugs from London... you have had such a rough journey.... 🤗

And alas, it still continues. Next Friday , 9th November I go for another attempt to repair this stricture endoscopically. And I am beginning to fear I will never get better. I basically am still on strained Soups , brothses, Protein Drinks, half strenght punches and juices and Water water water..

Have they discussed other options with you? You must be exhausted! 🤗

My pain was way better today. I’m 6 days post op today and I’ve just had Tylenol. I’m still having a hard time telling when I’m full. I stop when the burping starts.

Sounds like u might be over the hump now and should expect to improve each day. Walk Walk Walk. It helps dissipate all the trapped gasses.

I need to try some Protein Shake too. So far I have only had Soup, popsicles and Jello.