Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Difficult in weightloss

I'm having a real hard time guys !

Im almost 2 weeks out of surgery. First week was rough but I lost 12lbs. Now that the second week has rolled around I've basically only lost 3lbs ?!?!

I havent been eating more and if anything I've increased my physically activity!

Has this happened to anyone ? And how did you manage or resolve this issue ?

I had a similar experience. I lost 11 lbs in my first week post-op, and then stalled for a couple weeks after that. Then by week four I started to drop again. I am now six weeks post-op and have lost 30 lbs. Just give yourself some time, and try not to compare yourself to other people. Everybody seems to lose at different rates. Keep your head up! You got this!

37 minutes ago, Remix107 said:

I had a similar experience. I lost 11 lbs in my first week post-op, and then stalled for a couple weeks after that. Then by week four I started to drop again. I am now six weeks post-op and have lost 30 lbs. Just give yourself some time, and try not to compare yourself to other people. Everybody seems to lose at different rates. Keep your head up! You got this!

I've been really beating myself up for it because I've stuck with the diet and measurements, if anything gone less than what I should be eating and I'm now moving more so it's so odd to me.

Thank you for the encouragement xo

4 hours ago, Eliz_123 said:

I'm having a real hard time guys !

Im almost 2 weeks out of surgery. First week was rough but I lost 12lbs. Now that the second week has rolled around I've basically only lost 3lbs ?!?!

I havent been eating more and if anything I've increased my physically activity!

Has this happened to anyone ? And how did you manage or resolve this issue ?

Only 3lbs? What is with the only, that is a heap! Remember a lot of the initial weight loss is actually Water, once you start losing fat it’s a little slower

@Eliz_123 what you are experiencing is absolutely normal! Your stomach is still swollen from having major surgery, give your body a chance to heal, two weeks isn’t long at all AND you’ve lost 13 lbs! That’s awesome, in that short amount of time...follow your plan and you will lose, I think most plans tell you that it takes 1 year to 18 months to get to goal, some people definitely do lose the weight faster but everyone’s body is different, you have to factor in age, starting weight, medical issues and the list goes on. None of us put on this weight overnight so we are not going to lose it overnight. You are on track and doing quite well so try and relax and not focus so much on the scale, follow your plan and the weight will come off.

Do a search on stalls and you will find so many topics and see that you are not alone. Keep up the good work the end result will be worth it. 😊

15 lbs in 2 weeks is actually amazing

6 hours ago, wanda247 said:

@Eliz_123 what you are experiencing is absolutely normal! Your stomach is still swollen from having major surgery, give your body a chance to heal, two weeks isn’t long at all AND you’ve lost 13 lbs! That’s awesome, in that short amount of time...follow your plan and you will lose, I think most plans tell you that it takes 1 year to 18 months to get to goal, some people definitely do lose the weight faster but everyone’s body is different, you have to factor in age, starting weight, medical issues and the list goes on. None of us put on this weight overnight so we are not going to lose it overnight. You are on track and doing quite well so try and relax and not focus so much on the scale, follow your plan and the weight will come off.

Do a search on stalls and you will find so many topics and see that you are not alone. Keep up the good work the end result will be worth it. 😊

Thank you so much so

I know someone who did the sleeve and shes still losing weight at 2lbs per day !!! And I did the rny which from what I know is supposed to make you drop more weight. I wonder if it's reallythat too, my body either healing itself or trying to fight back (I believe this one more because it's always been resilient). Anyways thank you again and I will do some more research but let it go for now and try to relax xo

3 hours ago, Eliz_123 said:

Thank you so much so

I know someone who did the sleeve and shes still losing weight at 2lbs per day !!! And I did the rny which from what I know is supposed to make you drop more weight. I wonder if it's reallythat too, my body either healing itself or trying to fight back (I believe this one more because it's always been resilient). Anyways thank you again and I will do some more research but let it go for now and try to relax xo

Although it may be difficult, try not to compare yourself to others. Your body will lose weight in a way that is specific to you! Also, try to keep your weight loss in perspective...have you ever lost 15 pounds in TWO WEEKS(!!!) on any weight loss plan that you have tried? If yes, then your body is following its normal course. If not, then this process is already different for YOU.

Onward!!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Because past perfect tense is different than present perfect...I should wake up!

21 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Although it may be difficult, try not to compare yourself to others. Your body will lose weight in a way that is specific to you! Also, try to keep your weight loss in perspective...had you ever lost 15 pounds in TWO WEEKS(!!!) on any weight loss plan that you have tried? If yes, then your body is following its normal course. If not, then this process is already different for YOU.

Onward!!

You're so right ! I shouldn't beat myself up because no I've never lost that amount of weight in such a short period of time !

Thankyou xo

do a search on the "three week stall". Happens to almost everyone.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:53 AM, Remix107 said:

When you day stalled, do you mean you didnt lose weight at all or it significantly decreased? (Like a few lbs a week)

Thank you ! Xo

4 hours ago, Eliz_123 said:

When you day stalled, do you mean you didnt lose weight at all or it significantly decreased? (Like a few lbs a week)

Thank you ! Xo

I didn’t lose any weight at all for two weeks. I just maintained. I had lost about 15 lbs during the pre-op liquid diet, and then an additional 11 lbs immediately after the surgery, but then nothing for two weeks. I didn’t understand what was happening because I was barely able to take anything in, so not losing weight for those weeks was a little discouraging. But I stuck to the plan, quit weighing myself daily, and just tried to stay active. Thankfully, the weight has been coming off steadily since then, but it sounds like stalls are just a part of the process.

1 minute ago, Remix107 said:

I didn’t lose any weight at all for two weeks. I just maintained. I had lost about 15 lbs during the pre-op liquid diet, and then an additional 11 lbs immediately after the surgery, but then nothing for two weeks. I didn’t understand what was happening because I was barely able to take anything in, so not losing weight for those weeks was a little discouraging. But I stuck to the plan, quit weighing myself daily, and just tried to stay active. Thankfully, the weight has been coming off steadily since then, but it sounds like stalls are just a part of the process.

Yes ! I really just believed that I was doing something , but then I did read about the 3 week stall that someone here recommended. And now reading your story really put things into perspective so thankyou for sharing !!