Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I wasn’t having this problem the first couple of days I started taking the complete chewable Multivitamin by Celebrate, but I have just taken my first one today and I couldn’t keep it down. I tried to eat it along with unsweetened applesauce and usually I just get really nauseous, but up it came, apple sauce included. I had surgery on 10/8, so is this something that gets better with time? Has anyone else experienced and found relieve while getting the correct Vitamin in? I’m supposed to take it twice a day but I would skip the night one honestly because that is when I would feel the most nauseous, I used to be okay taking it in the morning. Suggestions are welcomed. I did consult my Surgeons’ PA when she called to check on me yesterday, I was told not to do the flit stone Vitamins, but to try a different adult complete vitamin.
🤢🤮😔

I did the Bariatric Fusion Multi-chews (kind of like Starbursts; if it matters, I did the berry flavor), and at some point they started making me feel nauseated, morning and night. Since I didn't actually throw up, I just kind of ... toughed it out? until the end of the bag, and then I switched to their chewables (big, round, kind of chalky; I knew I didn't like the berry flavor, after sampling at my surgeon's office so I switched to orange). So you might do what I did: switch Vitamin types, in case maybe there's a specific ingredient that's not working for you.

Both kinds I've tried are available in the store here, along with a LOT of other options.

My team gave me a "no" on the vitamin patches, but if your team allows them, a lot of people who find the Vitamins hard on their stomachs seem to do well with those? (The science is out as to how effective vitamin Patches are, in general, but anecdotally, I know there are people on here who use them and whose labs come back just fine.)

Edited to add: not all of the Bariatric fusion chewies (Starburst-shaped ones) are problematic for me. I do fine with their caramel calcium chews, and they're pretty good. You wouldn't mistake them for real candy, but I enjoy them.

Edited by CrankyMagpie

In my early weeks, say maybe first 6 weeks, I changed Vitamins countless times. I started with the Patches, but became sensitive to the adhesive. I tried the chalky chewables, the starburst-like chews, under at least 3 or 4 different brands. I tried them with Calcium, without calcium, with Iron, without iron. I varied the time of day and considered with food vs without food or what other vitamins to combine them with. They all made me nauseated and a couple even made me dizzy.

I finally settled on gummies. They're not 100% sugar free, but they're only 15 calories, so I decided that the risk of eating sugar vs not getting my vitamins/minerals was something I was willing to take. I've been taking them regularly ever since. No problems. Plus, it kind of feels like a treat.

I don't plan to take them forever. Now that I'm nearly 7 months out from surgery, I think I'll try to go back to the regular One-a Day pills once my Gummy stores run out. I've had no trouble with capsules that size, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

I say this so that you know, we all have things we tolerate better than others. And we all have that Vitamin that works for us, but not for others. Experiment. Be patient. It will take some trial and error to find what's best for you.

Thank you both for your replies. I agree I plan on getting some other Vitamins because actually couldn’t keep it down yesterday when I took them and i didn’t take it last night. I am going to experiment with the gummies & possibly the capsule ones. I agree I am def on a journey to figure out what works for me with this new lifestyle

22 hours ago, Courtney86 said:

Hi everyone, I wasn’t having this problem the first couple of days I started taking the complete chewable Multivitamin by Celebrate, but I have just taken my first one today and I couldn’t keep it down. I tried to eat it along with unsweetened applesauce and usually I just get really nauseous, but up it came, apple sauce included. I had surgery on 10/8, so is this something that gets better with time? Has anyone else experienced and found relieve while getting the correct Vitamin in? I’m supposed to take it twice a day but I would skip the night one honestly because that is when I would feel the most nauseous, I used to be okay taking it in the morning. Suggestions are welcomed. I did consult my Surgeons’ PA when she called to check on me yesterday, I was told not to do the flit stone Vitamins, but to try a different adult complete Vitamin.< br /> 🤢🤮😔

I am having a difficult time with opurity MV. While they don't nauseate me, they taste gross and are difficult to chew and swallow. Of course I have a three months supply😒. What I have been doing for the last couple of days is suck on it for a few minutes, use my teeth to kind of crush it (not chew), trying to keep all it contained, then swallow all of it...if that makes sense. 😊 I am awaiting my fusion MV sample order.

I had the same experience being sickened and I switched to flint stones last week (6 weeks out) but I’m nervous that it’s not enough nutrients. @S@ssen@ch What types of gummies do you take?

15 minutes ago, Spellbound said:

I had the same experience being sickened and I switched to flint stones last week (6 weeks out) but I’m nervous that it’s not enough nutrients. @S@ssen@ch What types of gummies do you take?

At first Flinstones were approved, but per my surgeon it has fallen out of favor because there wasn't enough thiamine. FWIW, when they were recommending Flintstones, they had patients take two a day.

@Spellbound, I take Vitafusion brand. I started with one (can't remember the formulation), but am currently taking the Women's formula for energy, metabolism and bone support. You can get them just about anywhere. I think I got these at Walmart. If it wasn't Walmart, it was probably costco.

I’ve tried many different types of multisband I finally found the right one. It’s a large pill that I take twice a day. Just costco brand. Same with Calcium. I tried the liquid, chews, chewable, etc and it was awful. Costco calcium pills are perfect. I do get a bit nauseous from time to time with my multis so I make sure I take it and eat something small right after. Like a small cheese or some pistachios. I have a cute little pill container and fill it on sundays for the week. It helps big time! Good luck!

Chuck Walsh, your program might give you a Pass if you're taking 2 a day. I take 1 prenatal, smallish, not expensive, I take one of WalMart's more generic brands I think Spring Valley. Any way both OSU, my Bariatric surgery program and my local "bandaid" station Knox Community Hospital in my town have said my Vitamin levels are 99% perfect, also my minerals.I take liquid Calcium, citrate 2 times and have been on Magnesium 1000 a day to prevent leg cramps, take 2 250 pills in Am and 2 more in evening, that adds up to right amount. Now take the sublingual B12 from Bariatric Pal Store, 1000 and my NP was extremely happy with them. Used to take extra Vitamin A and D before surgery, have not to re-add them.. Of course I will have a 3 month lab check to,my levels before my 3 month. It is a joy to no longer grind those twice daily chewables, nasty doing, vile tasting, and I think would gag the average maggot!