Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Hair Loss

Yep, it has started happening I am at my 3 months and my hair has starting falling out. Just had all my labs done all great, only eat Protein so thats good. I know, it just happens. I am a slow loser, I have lost 40 pounds and so happy for the first time in years I finally see a lost. (Thyroid issue)

So tell me how long does this Hair loss last?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My Hair loss really picked up at the 3 month mark and slowed down at just a little over 6 months.

But really, everyone is different.

2 hours ago, newmeinfla said:

Yep, it has started happening I am at my 3 months and my hair has starting falling out. Just had all my labs done all great, only eat Protein so thats good. I know, it just happens. I am a slow loser, I have lost 40 pounds and so happy for the first time in years I finally see a lost. (Thyroid issue)

So tell me how long does this Hair loss last?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

How fast does your hair grow normally? WLS caused "hair loss" isn't really "hair loss" it's just that your way more of your follicles entered their normal rest phase than would typically happen due to the surgery (it can happen with any stress, diets, etc) So now that your hair has started to regrow, those follicles are dropping / shedding the hair they were holding onto during the rest phase. So you'll notice the regrowth in a few weeks as it starts to make it's way out of the follicles.
https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/effluviums#1

Mine started at 3 months to the day practically and has now gone back to "normal" in the last two weeks. I am 5 and a half months out of surgery so I had two solid months of it.

My hair is way thinner than it was but its still acceptable to the outside world. I don't look much different but I know its thinner and if people really looked, they would see a loss at my temples and at the side near my ears.

My hair shed from month 4 ish to month 10 ish so yes, it can last longer. But my hair turned a corner and it’s recovering here in month 11 pretty well!

I'm 5 months out and lost a little bit of hair. it's already showing signs of growing back. It's a bit thin, but it always was anyways. I have found that it was getting very dry, straw-like. So I gave it a baby oil treatment and wow, what a difference. really let it soak in right to my scalp. then washed it out. I guess in the big scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal - my goal was weight loss. and i'm making it.