Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 years and 1 month - 4cc Band and Still Going Stron

I would love to hear from others who still have their 4cc Lap Bands! :)

I have had great success with my band. I have gained some weight back, but that is without my band being completely filled the whole time. I started at 290lbs and got down to 150lbs and was very happy!!! I currently am at 200lbs which my doctor tells me is more successful than most, but I just got a fill yesterday with the hope of getting back down.

I am a compulsive overeater and have issues with food!!! I need help on a daily basis with my will to eat. If I know I cannot eat without throwing up, this is my "helper". I cannot stand the thought of throwing up so I am VERY careful to not overeat.

I would love to hear from other "Old Timers" with the Realize 4cc band.

I have had my lapband 91/2 years and it no longer helps. My weight is going up and I don't seem to be able to get that under control.

I am scheduled for a revision in Jan.

I've been banded for several years and have zero problems with the band and there are no foods I cannot eat, so long as chew properly. I've lost more weight than expected, and it is still coming off slowly. I have no regrets having the band. If it comes out, there are other options that I will explore. But, the band gave me my life back and it works for me. I've learned how to eat and how to control the quality of what foods I choose to eat.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches