Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 11/04/2018 at 15:42, NYJenn said:

Hospital drama; 1am couldn’t sleep so I decided to walk the halls of the hospital. I heard a patient screaming “you can’t do this to me. I’m recovering from a gunshot wound!” She’s throwing things around the room. I’m really feeling bad for her thinking she’s probably in a ton of pain, she can sleep, they keep waking her up, taking her BP, etc, plus you get cabin fever because they don’t really let you go anywhere etc.

By the time I walked the whole exterior of the hospital wing and came back around the corner, all the stuff in her room was in the hallway, and when I walked passed the room it smelled like weed SO BAD! 😂 Ok, now I understand why she was upset.
I guess people getting caught smoking cigarettes or weed.. or drinking or doing drugs in hospitals is a super common thing!

Like.... how do people think they’ll not get caught?!

47 minutes ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Health system employee here......THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!!!!!

Her room was directly across from the nurses station, so I agree, I'm thinking she just didn't care.

My most 'dramatic' moment was 2 days after surgery, when I was headed home. It was so exciting to know that I DID IT!!! My new journey was beginning. There I was sitting curbside in front of the hospital waiting for my car to come around and pick me up... and bang. I get a glimpse of myself in the glass windows right next to me. I had THE WORST bed-head, greasy, stringy, looking hair on planet earth. I had NO idea. I thought I looked like some kind of alien from an Arnold movie. LOL First thing when I got home was take a shower, brush my teeth, and then slept for 3 hours. Then showered again!

Considering my journey so far, I had quite a few dramatic moments (hope I've hid them well)...
The most dramatic moment was during pre surgery - prepping my Green binder, where all the instructions of how to handle my legacy were placed (from funeral prep to future weddings of my children)
Sooooo dramatic, yes but I thought it was on tempo then.
What was your most dramatic moment during this journey? It doesn't have to be serious, it can be comical too.
I wrote letters to each of my children....

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I wrote letters to each of my children....

The strange thing was having music, in the recovery room. First time I have ever had music in revovery. Frank Sinatra and the like. It was too loud and annoying and i had to wait for a bed til 5pm.

So I’m the person who the night after my surgery every time I actually fell asleep my O2 would fall too low and all the alarms would go off. Loudly. So I got like no sleep until I got home and could sleep on my side.

Then there was my gallbladder fun at four months. I cried in my surgeons office because of the pain and frustration of trying to get diagnosed and a plan...

Ohhhhhh yeah

I plotted a whole outting around casually accidentally being close to a restaurant that the best diabetic friendly cheesecake of my life, twice in one week and literally forced other people eat it too ...

Dig, if you will, a picture of my surgeon and I engaged in a conversation...I miss you, Prince😢...

So, I am at my 1 month follow-up appointment. The tip of the suture is sort of poking my skin just beneath the surface, without puncturing it. My surgeon is trying to pull it through to remove it, because it is painful if anything touches it. As she is using a plastic tweezer 😒 to try to get it out...

Me: So, you let a resident tie the suture off, didn't ya?

Dr: [Blank stare]

Me: (Incredulously) a med student?!

...crickets...

Bwahahaha! Actually she did it, then started to explain the shifts and how this came about...blah, blah, blah; yada, yada, yada; blase spiel, blase spiel... Still couldn't get it out..."when it pokes through use a razor".🤔😳😲

(Love my surgeon, by the way...the most non-stereotypical surgeon I ever encountered.)

Thank God for Kelo-kote, though! Applied twice daily, religiously. My lapband scars are nearly invisible (only the port site was slightly visible). The new scars look great and I expect the same type of resolution.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Because I love the Queen's English, and shouldn't slaughter it!

Legit dramatic moment: Waking up after in the OR with pain in my chest. I am assuming this was extreme gas pain but I had expected belly pain not chest pain and I panicked so badly. I kept saying, "I'm scared, I'm so scared!" and tried to explain that my pain wasn't in my stomach but my chest and that I must be having a heart attack. They tried to assure me that my heart was being monitored but I kept saying, "But I'm so scared." The anesthesiologist went to my IV and that was the last thing I remembered, he must have given me something to calm down. I'm choking up now thinking about it, I honestly thought I was going to die.

Stupid dramatic moment: In recovery, in the anesthesia and pain med stupor, I thought I had peed myself. I was mortified and told the nurse and she pulled back my blanket to see I was completely dry and told me this to my amazement. I guess I was hallucinating or something.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Dig, if you will, a picture of my surgeon and I engaged in a conversation...I miss you, Prince😢...

So, I am at my 1 month follow-up appointment. The tip of the suture is sort of poking my skin just beneath the surface, without puncturing it. My surgeon is trying to pull it through to remove it, because it is painful if anything touches it. As she is using a plastic tweezer 😒 to try to get it out...

Me: So, you let a resident tie the suture off, didn't ya?

Dr: [Blank stare]

Me: (Incredulously) a med student?!

...crickets...

Bwahahaha! Actually she did it, then started to explain the shifts and how this came about...blah, blah, blah; yada, yada, yada; blase spiel, blase spiel... Still couldn't get it out..."when it pokes through use a razor".🤔😳😲

(Love my surgeon, by the way...the most non-stereotypical surgeon I ever encountered.)

Thank God for Kelo-kote, though! Applied twice daily, religiously. My lapband scars are nearly invisible (only the port site was slightly visible). The new scars look great and I expect the same type of resolution.

What is this Kelo-kote you speak of?

13 minutes ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

Legit dramatic moment: Waking up after in the OR with pain in my chest. I am assuming this was extreme gas pain but I had expected belly pain not chest pain and I panicked so badly. I kept saying, "I'm scared, I'm so scared!" and tried to explain that my pain wasn't in my stomach but my chest and that I must be having a heart attack. They tried to assure me that my heart was being monitored but I kept saying, "But I'm so scared." The anesthesiologist went to my IV and that was the last thing I remembered, he must have given me something to calm down. I'm choking up now thinking about it, I honestly thought I was going to die.

Stupid dramatic moment: In recovery, in the anesthesia and pain med stupor, I thought I had peed myself. I was mortified and told the nurse and she pulled back my blanket to see I was completely dry and told me this to my amazement. I guess I was hallucinating or something.

No catheter ?

11 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

No catheter ?

If there was one, which I guess there usually is, they put it in and took it out while I was still under the effects of anesthesia, I was never aware of one. This was a few hours post op in a big recovery room with lots of beds.

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

What is this Kelo-kote you speak of?

kelo-cote.jpg.17d216aeb2e257013734d615670be208.jpg

It would help if I spelled it correctly...😂😂 Why, oh why, do I post at night?!

Anywho, it has been a lifesaver (skinsaver?) of mine for years.