Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys,

So first a quick update - Just celebrated my 10 month surgiversary on Saturday and made my 1st weight goal, which was 140. Currently at 139.7 and probably aiming for 135 before settling down into maintenance mode - yes I could aim lower at my height, but don't love the sagging skin that is starting & won't likely be able to have any cosmetic surgery. Plus, given my health issues, I feel - and my docs agree - that this is a realistic goal to maintain. Can't believe this time last year I was scheduling my surgery and taking out a loan and researching, researching, researching! Seems so long ago and also that it has flown by at the same time ; )

Have a few other victories to Celebrate such as total inches lost so far over 42" when added together from biceps, bust, waist, hips, thighs & calves - so that is exciting! I tend to think of myself as "Droopy-Drawers" now, but I guess that's ok. Also out of plus sizes finally, which makes me so happy. Much more active now, both in and out of the gym - doing things around the house & yard I haven't done in a long, long time. Still dealing with all my back & chronic pain, but at least I'm able to DO more! Bloodwork is good except still a little low on the Iron - continuing to work on that one. hair could be better but I knew that was a strong risk and am praying it will start growing back soon. All in all it has been a great journey & totally worth it - that part w/o a doubt!

Anyway, the reason for my post - have just started having this pinching sensation lately when bending over or leaning forward. It is in the area of the incision on my left side but the one closer to my belly button than my side - the one up about midway (not the little one under diaphragm area). It's not excruciating but is like a sharp pinch, and has been pretty much daily for the past week I guess. If I were earlier out post-op I would say it felt like being poked by a stitch or maybe popping one - but I would certainly hope that wouldn't be the case at 10 months. Has anyone else had a similar sensation this far out, and if so, did it go away on its own or did you ever find out what it was? Just wondering if I should be concerned...

It sounds like either a hernia or scar tissue that has attached to something else and is pulling. My husband had something similar on a surgery scar. Surgeon went in and cleaned it up. Was outpatient quick and easy fix. Definitely get it checked if it does clear up in a week or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Wickedwinner said:

It sounds like either a hernia or scar tissue that has attached to something else and is pulling

Have been having a niggling fear about a hernia. Hard to be sure because I always have back pain and often have stomach discomfort due to IBS, but lately have been having some serious pain in my abdomen and back on the left side...not necessarily in the exact spot the pinching pain is, but in the same general area. So ugh, that is not a pleasant thought. The scar tissue sounds possible also though. I had not thought of it before, but did experience some discomfort like that from my C-sections in the past. Thanks for the reminder on this, and yes I will definitely have it checked out if it doesn't ease up!