Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Allergic to the glue and an acne explosion

Y'all, I found out the crappy way that I have an allergy to the incision glue, my stomach is a riot of itchy hives that I am using hydrocortisone and taking Zyrtec (Doctors orders). It sucks so much. Additional skin issues are happened all over my face and shoulders, I feel like a teenager with all this acne! Wtf is going on? Is this hormones being released from fat loss? I'm a week post vsg. Suggestions? I've been drinking plenty of Water and doing relatively ok on Protein.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BariatricPal mobile app

Yep from the fat losses, see what kind of nasty stuff our fatvwas hiding! Good thing we are evicting every blubbery ounce! Ready Girls? WE WILL WIN WITH THIN!😝🚩😝

After a few more weeks your skin will clear just keep up the Water you’ll be ok

I'm allergic to the glue they have on the dressings, its very annoying when they miss that in my notes because it itches like hell. Hope your reaction resolves soon

I came home and had a horrible rash behind and on the shell of my ears🙄 I used cortizone and benedryl, I luckily didn't have a reaction to the glue and bandages but honestly I was very surprised I didn't. It did pass - I put it down to my body reacting to the shock of surgery the only way it knows how - itchy rashes. 😕

Hey Separ maybe we are on our way to Better and Littler Days🚩🎃🚩😝

I am having this exact issue right now! I'm 2 weeks post-op. Week 1 I lost 20 lbs and things went fine. Week 2 I'm at a standstill, my face is covered in acne, I'm breaking out behind my ears and going down my neck to my back. I also broke out where any medical tape was. Please tell me this gets better, I dont even want to leave the house!

As your fat starts to melt and your body starts to use it for fuel i,stead of carbohydrates hormones and other nasties get released also. Its like you have the puberty from Hades suddenly, time should heal it on its own, if not consult a dermatologist, it must be miserable to live through. And I also am allergic to adhesives, it took longer for my left knee to heal because that ortho surgeon was a glue-er instead of a stapler like ortho #1. And I had warned him, but surgeons tend to be conceited and don't listen to advice. I guess you do have to be prettybrave up but holes in people.

As your fat starts to melt and your body starts to use it for fuel i,stead of carbohydrates hormones and other nasties get released also. Its like you have the puberty from Hades suddenly, time should heal it on its own, if not consult a dermatologist, it must be miserable to live through. And I also am allergic to adhesives, it took longer for my left knee to heal because that ortho surgeon was a glue-er instead of a stapler like ortho #1. And I had warned him, but surgeons tend to be conceited and don't listen to advice. I guess you do have to be prettybrave up but holes in people.
Thank you! That is frustrating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/29/2018 at 12:53 AM, elcee said:

I'm allergic to the glue they have on the dressings, its very annoying when they miss that in my notes because it itches like hell. Hope your reaction resolves soon

Me too! I had no idea until the tape around the perimeter of a big square of gauze melted off the skin underneath it the same day. I still have the scars in a square shape on my belly almost 2 months later! Now I will have to note that for future surgeries.

Me too! I had no idea until the tape around the perimeter of a big square of gauze melted off the skin underneath it the same day. I still have the scars in a square shape on my belly almost 2 months later! Now I will have to note that for future surgeries.
I have the exact same square lol. I've never been allergic to anything.. until now!

And I have scars on the "girls", stupid surgeon , I told him vervally, asked him to enter it in my charts that I have a big bad adhesive sensitivity. He was doing.biopsies on both breasts, got done,slapped elastoplast on them, like you it torn the top layer of skin off, and after it healed it was shinier than the other skin. Guess I should put postanotes over both nipples. LOL with an shoulder shrug.

And I have scars on the "girls", stupid surgeon , I told him vervally, asked him to enter it in my charts that I have a big bad adhesive sensitivity. He was doing.biopsies on both breasts, got done,slapped elastoplast on them, like you it torn the top layer of skin off, and after it healed it was shinier than the other skin. Guess I should put postanotes over both nipples. LOL with an shoulder shrug.
Oh wow, gosh that's awful