Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things in School I thought I WOULD NEVER use!

@Frustr8 said this should be a thread so here it is. LOL

Typing and the metric system are two that might have been ignored in high school (discussed in another thread). Whoodathunk? hehe...

Edited by Ed_NW

And you can my first suggestion over in Cottage cheese but if I thi,k a moment I'll think of another!

30 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

And you can my first suggestion over in Cottage cheese but if I thi,k a moment I'll think of another!

One thing that makes me laugh now is how hard the teachers pushed writing in cursive when I was in school. My kids generation can't even read it... let alone, write in cursive. :) It seems like all writing is done with a keyboard or a thumb nowadays. LOL

5 hours ago, Ed_NW said:

@Frustr8 said this should be a thread so here it is. LOL

Typing and the metric system are two that might have been ignored in high school (discussed in another thread). Whoodathunk? hehe...

If you ever travel outside of the USA you might discover that metric system is quite useful. I always wonder why it didn’t catch on in the US,it is far easier to have things in increments of 10

I think algebra and geometry are useless. I couldn’t care less what x equals.

However my husband is a QS and he uses geometry all the time, for him being able to work out the area of a triangle is essential

2 hours ago, elcee said:

If you ever travel outside of the USA you might discover that metric system is quite useful. I always wonder why it didn’t catch on in the US,it is far easier to have things in increments of 10

I agree. Our military uses the metric system. If everyone started using it exclusively, we would catch on.

Higher level math...what a waste

I do pretty good, I think, and ever since my fertility interruptions, I no longer could multipy anyway!

On 10/27/2018 at 9:03 PM, NYJenn said:

Higher level math...what a waste

Hahahaaha! Just yesterday I was standing in the frozen pea section, I was stumped trying to do a quick derivative equation about the carbs in the bag of peas in my hands if I only ate 1 tbsp. ;) hahahaha!

(agreed, I can safely say I'm not needed a single sin or cosin since calculus). :)

Because medications are all calculated using metrics (mg/kg) I use them a lot and I find it easier to work with grams and milliliters when calculating macros in small amounts of food in large containers. My scale has both but I rarely use ounces unless I am calculating postage on my eBay stuff.

The one thing I use a lot that I did not expect to is the 3 years of Latin I took in high school. So many medical words derived from Latin and the prefixes make it easy to describe body parts (Lateral/medial/etc) Mrs. Young would be proud.

I never thought I would need to learn ruler increments. Ugh...shop class...go figure. Right? :) ;)

Jokes on me. I am a graphic designer and I have to use both ruler measurements in inches, picas/points, AND metric. Oy...

It seems like every time you think you have everything under control, Life comes along and smacks you one! May you rule,the ruler instead of the ruler ruling You!

On 10/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, Ed_NW said:

One thing that makes me laugh now is how hard the teachers pushed writing in cursive when I was in school. My kids generation can't even read it... let alone, write in cursive. :) It seems like all writing is done with a keyboard or a thumb nowadays. LOL

My children can write in cursive,

One day my progeny proudly lined up to display that they can sign my name

Just. Like. Me.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by GreenTealael

Reminded me of a story, many things do bring stories to mind. My aunt's husband,( don't call him uncle-for a multitude of reasons() practiced and practiced until he could duplicate my aunt's signature. Then went to bank, got loan application, told them my couldn't come,in herself,due to work, filled out for a large amount, back didn't quibble or rarify it, she knew nothing until the,note fell due, in meantime he had died, she was forced to work another 24 months to pay it off. The debt didn't die with,him because he had signed her namen oh it was so good that bank thought she had signed it.
Just,another example,of his rotten- ess, also a,pervert, pedophile, and downright thief , and this time he hot away with it. My aunt deserved so much better than him.