Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still uncomfortable

I am 11 months post op, to say this has been a difficult year would be an understatement..I have found post op I have struggled a lot more mentally than physically. I’m 20 year old and lived my whole life over weight. I was 102kg pre op and now 11 months later I am sitting at 56kgs. Astounding difference I’m aware, but I can’t seem to stop losing weight. When I sat at 70ish kgs I was so happy and comfortable with my body but now I can’t seem to feel the same way. I look extremely underweight and unhealthy, I’m struggling to fit into size 6 clothing and it’s so disheartening to feel the same way about myself before I did the op.

Does anyone feel the same? Does anyone struggle with not being able to stop losing weight, and reaching a weight size with is much much below your target goal? How do you deal with this, any tips?

1 hour ago, nicole99 said:

I am 11 months post op, to say this has been a difficult year would be an understatement..I have found post op I have struggled a lot more mentally than physically. I’m 20 year old and lived my whole life over weight. I was 102kg pre op and now 11 months later I am sitting at 56kgs. Astounding difference I’m aware, but I can’t seem to stop losing weight. When I sat at 70ish kgs I was so happy and comfortable with my body but now I can’t seem to feel the same way. I look extremely underweight and unhealthy, I’m struggling to fit into size 6 clothing and it’s so disheartening to feel the same way about myself before I did the op.

Does anyone feel the same? Does anyone struggle with not being able to stop losing weight, and reaching a weight size with is much much below your target goal? How do you deal with this, any tips?

Start adding in some complex carbs, breads, etc. Calculate your BMI and then eat that amount + whatever you burn for the day for exercise, if total burn = total intake, the result will be zero weight loss.

I completely understand struggling more mentally than physically with eating. I eat crap I'm not supposed to because it's easy, it's what my head thinks I want (not need) and I swear at times I'm hungry. It's mostly head hunger. It's just getting my addicted head wrapped around using food for the right purpose. Instead of living to eat, I need to eat to live.

Matt Z can you explain what you meant about eating, burning, etc. I guess I'm having another blonde moment and it sounds good, but I can't grasp it for whatever reason today.

Fearful if I get "fixed" tomorrow I am still going to have pro lemd. Yeah now they are physical, but I have been so " snake bit" by emesis I am going to be scared mentally to expand my diet out. 😪😞🍝

Still not Fixed Up, ready to cater my Own Pity Party, I am losing much hopefulness about the whole Proceeding. And yesterday by accident? I never lost conciousness during the attempt, didn't hurt, had numbing medicine sprayed in the back of my throat that you gargle and then swollow down, stated I would be going to sleep-*- *well I laid there and watched on the monitor just like Dr Noria did. Asked the 2 other doctors, the nurse and most of all, Dr Noria? Did you guys realize I remained awake? Dr Noria got a look on her face like a child caught taking a swipe off the top of a freshly frosted cake and licking her fingers **Changed the subject, said" I dialated you to 10 mm", sounds good until you realise before first attempt I was at 9 mm.Progress IDK, do you? And I am at 7+weeks, a point where many, if not, all of my Surgery Day twins, Sleeve or RNY, are on purees and transitioning to soft and regular foods. Yeah ***I know we ALL make our journey toward final health, final size and weight goal, and a Bee-You-tee-full Future but OMG do I even have one? Someday I will be the scrawniest, sad-looking old broad seen, carting a thermos of Bone Broth or something similar. And watching the rest of the WLS community bouncing by happily. I expected hard, difficult but Mount Everest, Mount Denali even Kilimanjaro all in one, Nope didn't book for that?🎢🌆

@johnson13 what Matt was saying is to take your total daily needed calories and add the calories burned each day to ensure there is no calorie deficit. (i.e. daily kcal 1500, through exercise I burn another 500, 1500 - 500 = 1000, daily kcal intake should be 2000 during this time so when exercise is factored in your still getting the 1500kcal daily)