Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Vuong seminars, who has been, what are they about?

I have a friend who is banded like me and like me she is also struggling with weight gain / inadequate loss and what to do.

She has booked to attend a seminar, in Melbourne Australia, with Dr Vuong. Wondering what they are about and what the goal is. Does this Dr promote a certain type of surgery, does he have answers that other Drs don’t? Why is he travelling the world like a rockstar, is he drumming up business for some surgical group?

He has a very different view on WLS from what I've seen/read/heard. You can find him on YouTube - Duc C. Vuong is his channel. I have watched quite a few of his videos. He seems to have quite a bit of a different view from the normal programs most of us follow. He is entertaining and makes good points but I've never seen any or read of his patients results so not sure if what he preaches is justified. He does kind of come off like a rock star. I made a post with a question about him a while back and got one response that made me feel like an idiot for asking about him. Kind of made me afraid to like what he had to say out of fear that I would become an outcast of some sort. I'd probably go check him out if he came to my area.

I know Dr. Vuong for over a decade. He is a very nice and entertaining guy who IMHO gives out so-so medical and surgical advice. He bounced around from practice to practice and has never been able to make it as a bariatric surgeon.

Thanks Alex. I had a feeling he may be a "failed" bariatric surgeon.

I have a feeling that my friend may be wasting her money but I know that when your original procedure has not lived up to its promise that we tend to clutch at straws.

Maybe she will get something helpful out of it.

I used to follow him on YouTube but he started moving away from bariatric related videos and started pushing what seems to be pyramid scams. He was a funny guy but he's changed directions lately with his product sales.

I also get the feeling he's a failed surgeon. Don't know if it was fallout from his League City TX practice? Or if it was more. But on his healthgrades he got pisspoor ratings. So I wouldn't go to him and let him cut on me!

I used to love his "head" work vids on YouTube, but dunno about now. Haven't seen too much to keep me coming back for more. Think he fell into the dark hole of "Tony Robbins" motivational speaker show ponies wannabees. I also don't see that he's practicing in Arizona anymore at the Lovelace Clinic?

One of his most recent YouTube videos stated he is running out of money,https://youtu.be/F3YUfw9vaSY, so you should signup for one of his seminars....also stated he wasn't doing surgery now. Several recent videos appear to be focused on the wonders of HGH.

5 minutes ago, sandee123 said:

One of his most recent YouTube videos stated he is running out of money,https://youtu.be/F3YUfw9vaSY, so you should signup for one of his seminars....also stated he wasn't doing surgery now. Several recent videos appear to be focused on the wonders of HGH.

Oy Vey! A former Bariatric surgeon pushing HGH. What has this world come to?! I am not sure why someone would take his advice....

Desperation, foggy thinking and Gullability? Listen to him, I never thought HE made a lot of sense, but you can find mist anything on YouTube, another reason I like to hang out HERE!

12 hours ago, Alex Brecher said:

Oy Vey! A former Bariatric surgeon pushing HGH. What has this world come to?! I am not sure why someone would take his advice....

Ugh right?! To me, it looks like he's either wired on some kind of drugs, or is a little drunk, or in a manic cycle or something, but it honestly sounded like a psychotic break kinda video. :(

That's distressing and it feels like we're watching a guy just on the precipice of jumping. :(

On 10/24/2018 at 9:15 PM, Alex Brecher said:

I know Dr. Vuong for over a decade. He is a very nice and entertaining guy who IMHO gives out so-so medical and surgical advice. He bounced around from practice to practice and has never been able to make it as a bariatric surgeon.

I kind of noticed this myself after watching a few of his videos and then realizing that he was pushing new marketing materials and programs lately.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Ugh right?! To me, it looks like he's either wired on some kind of drugs, or is a little drunk, or in a manic cycle or something, but it honestly sounded like a psychotic break kinda video. :(

That's distressing and it feels like we're watching a guy just on the precipice of jumping. :(

I was thinking he might be a little stoned lol. My heart is actually pained to see him like this.

11 minutes ago, Alex Brecher said:

I was thinking he might be a little stoned lol. My heart is actually pained to see him like this.

I wonder if he was asked to leave Lovelace Clinic in NM and is not being allowed to perform surgery any longer? So he's desperate to generate money with "exciting new multilevel marketing opportunities" LOL! *sigh* So very sad really.

I guess his celebrity has run out. At least all 8 comments on that video were positive. I liked the old DR.V better when he had money and didn't sound so obvious that he was begging for it.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:48 PM, elcee said:

I have a feeling that my friend may be wasting her money

Share that video link with your friend. Times have changed for Dr.V and she may not get what she was expecting. Sounds like he may be preaching for whoever pays him the most now a days.

PS-I said I'd go see him if he was in my area. Maybe not with his current agenda and I for sure would not pay to see him.

I wouldn't be surprised if his seminars are now just opportunities to sell that product he is promoting. People will be paying him to promote it to them.