Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10/29 RNY pre op jitters

Today I finished my pre op testing and appointment- its real, 5 days left before surgery, I cannot belive it has come so fast.

What did people need at the hospital? What did you take? What were some concerns that would help to ask beforehand to avoid before being sent home?

Things to ask doctors or nurses about?

I am just extremely nervous feeling like I am missing things I will need, or mess something up pre - op.

I have the jitters.....

So preparing ideas, or anything encouraging right now would be aweosme.

Thanks guys.

ANyone else my surgery buddy on 10/29

I didn't have an overnight stay so can't help you there, but there are plenty of posts about what to take to hospital, there is a search link in the top left hand corner. Good luck for your surgery it will be here before you know it!

10 hours ago, BRYCE86 said:

Today I finished my pre op testing and appointment- its real, 5 days left before surgery, I cannot belive it has come so fast.

What did people need at the hospital? What did you take? What were some concerns that would help to ask beforehand to avoid before being sent home?

I am just extremely nervous feeling like I am missing things I will need, or mess something up pre - op.

I have the jitters.....

Thanks guys.

Check the search, there are many many many posts about what to and not to bring. Most people over pack. I can't stress enough having dry mouth spray and lip balm with you, makes the hours after surgery when you can't drink anything that much easier.

Nerves are normal.

And as you heard already, my post-operation stay was different, although I still am peeved I didn't get to meet And share experiences with others there I just got accept that they THOUGHT they were treating ME right.
I used my stuffed bunny, Roux N.Rabbit, my biotene, chap stick, I have a bad habit, well I have a bunch, when I get nervous I chew my lips and make,them sore. Phone charging cord; I bought a 10 foot one at Staples , Tomkitten thought it was a waste of 💰 but I found it valuable. Took 2 cell phones, one pings off of Verizon, the other off of AT&T. Both worked , the second a little better, Columbus was a Bell tiwn, after all, so the most per capita towers, but the Verizon did ok, took it because it has unlimited data and. my phone minutes keep rolling over each month if I don't use,them all. But the AT&T runs off of Marshmallow, a higher Android system. Pays your money, makes your choice. Since I never got to walk in the hall, slippers , jammie pants and robe were useless. But it was what it was, and Moving On, don't bemoan or wail, does no one any good.. Life is all good, well except my durned structure, THAT I can do without, fervently,hope Dr Noria can fix it, getting tired of these every other Friday EGJ, Second try may be the Money Winner!👈😷👉

Bryce86, the ORMC Bariatric program is so organized I needed nothing but my hairbrush. And unless you like lemonade Crystal light, you may want to take your own. I didn’t get to my room until 6pm and at midnight I could start drinking clears so I didn’t even need the biotene. Between trying to sleep, walking the halls and using the incentive spirometer there isn’t much time to do anything else. I only stayed one night. Went home at 4pm my first day post-op and so far have had a perfect recovery. Haven’t used any of the pain or nausea meds they prescribed...15 days now. Best wishes to you on your journey too.

Good luck to you and Congrats. I didn't take much with me, mouth spray for dry mouth, which I used once and hated. An extra set of underwear and sweat pants - t-shirt. Phone and charger of course. Spent most of the time that I wasn't walking, sleeping.

I have the jitters.....

Thanks guys.
I am having VSG on 10/29 I'm so excited about my new journey. Congratulations and good luck with procedure

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks everyone and good luck to all those going on Monday! :)