Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post WLS hysterectomy issues

I don't know if I titled this right. I had a hysterectomy last year in August. Then I had my VSG in April of this year. I have heard women who have wls get pregnant after losing weight, or their menstruals get regular, etc. My Dr left my ovaries because they are producing hormones perfectly. Well, I had my wls 6 months ago and I've lost a little over 45 pounds on my last visit which was at the end of September. I have an overactive bladder from being obese and the multi surgeries in my abdomen area. A few days ago, I noticed some blood on my panty liner and kinda got freaked out. I do have a dr appointment for my yearly on the 1st of November and I am going to talk to my doc about it. But I was wanting to hear from my women on here if they have experienced anything like this.

I had my hysterectomy in January 2009. I will have my WLS on November 7, 2018. I have never experienced bleed after my hysterectomy. I would call my doctor PCP and ask them about it. To be on safe side.

2 minutes ago, garfld70 said:

I had my hysterectomy in January 2009. I will have my WLS on November 7, 2018. I have never experienced bleed after my hysterectomy. I would call my doctor PCP and ask them about it. To be on safe side.

Your surgery is a day before my birthday.

I didn't know if women who's hormones got busier after wls had bleeding afterwards because obesity can hinder menstrual cycles. I had PCOS and obesity my dr said can make it worse. they didn't see any cysts before my hysterectomy but I have had them removed once before.

I have an appt with my ob/gyn on Nov 1st. I only had small bleeding that one day. So who knows.

Did you have sex the night before? Any frequency, burning, or pain while urinating or after urinating? It probably came from either your pee pee, or maybe a hemmie. If it's bright red, 9 times out of 10 it's a hemmie or a uti.

It would be extremely abnormal to have any bleeding post hyster, w or w/o ovaries.

Edited by FluffyChix

Fluffy you are one ornery. Chickie, we live you for it!

I don't know if I titled this right. I had a hysterectomy last year in August. Then I had my VSG in April of this year. I have heard women who have wls get pregnant after losing weight, or their menstruals get regular, etc. My Dr left my ovaries because they are producing hormones perfectly. Well, I had my wls 6 months ago and I've lost a little over 45 pounds on my last visit which was at the end of September. I have an overactive bladder from being obese and the multi surgeries in my abdomen area. A few days ago, I noticed some blood on my panty liner and kinda got freaked out. I do have a dr appointment for my yearly on the 1st of November and I am going to talk to my doc about it. But I was wanting to hear from my women on here if they have experienced anything like this.
Hello, first I am sorry for the issues you are having... second I had a hysterectomy the same as yours a few years ago.... and just had my WLS on the 16 of Oct. Having any bleeding from down there is not good. I feel like you should be calling the obgyn and have things checked quickly you dont want to have a tear in You're old suture site That could lead to an infection. Your immune system is already compromised from the weight loss surgery Please go get checked out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Did you have sex the night before? Any frequency, burning, or pain while urinating or after urinating? It probably came from either your pee pee, or maybe a hemmie. If it's bright red, 9 times out of 10 it's a hemmie or a uti.

It would be extremely abnormal to have any bleeding post hyster, w or w/o ovaries.

No sex the night or couple of nights before. No burning, itching, foul odors, or any other odd feeling. It was a one time dark red almost brownish red and then it was gone and has stayed gone.

I had heard of ovaries producing hormones that could eventually cause a discharge of a small amount of blood like spotting. Like I said, I do have an appointment on the 1st for my yearly. I'm not really worried about it. I know blood could have come from my urethra or ureter from a kidney stone or infection. Not trying to be gross, but I don't know what hole it came from other than it didn't come from my anus.

Glad you're gonna get checked out! Good to know it's not Uranus! :D🤣

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Glad you're gonna get checked out! Good to know it's not Uranus! :D🤣

Me too. I've had that before and that was VERY uncomfortable.

Just to update, I went to my yearly OB/GYN appt and everything is perfect. He said spotting can happen and since I still have my ovaries and a sliver of my cervix and on top have lost 50 pounds that was probably what caused it. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting since and all labs at my pcp came back normal including urinalysis.

I still have all of my female plumbing, but once I started the pre-op diet and immediately after my surgery I had TWO periods in 2 weeks and I’ve also been spotting pretty frequently, which I’ve never had an issue with before. I also had some crazy mood swings but that’s leveled out. I guess fat cells love to store estrogen, so when we lose weight we deal with that excess estrogen? Don’t quote me but that’s what I was told.

The joys of womanhood.