Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m about 3 months post op, lots of complications, in and out of the hospital, and I’ve often wished I’d not had the surgery.
I’ve been wearing elastic shorts and now that’s the weather is cooling off I’ve been in loose sweats. Today I’ve got an appointment and grabbed pants from the back of my closet. I laughed at the idea that I could pull on and button a pair of 16 sized jeans. Imagine my delight when I buttoned them and have space in the waist band!!!
I was wearing size 22-24 last year at this time!!! I’m so happy!

19 minutes ago, BeeCat said:

I’m about 3 months post op, lots of complications, in and out of the hospital, and I’ve often wished I’d not had the surgery.
I’ve been wearing elastic shorts and now that’s the weather is cooling off I’ve been in loose sweats. Today I’ve got an appointment and grabbed pants from the back of my closet. I laughed at the idea that I could pull on and button a pair of 16 sized jeans. Imagine my delight when I buttoned them and have space in the waist band!!!
I was wearing size 22-24 last year at this time!!! I’m so happy!

Congrats! It's always an amazing feeling when you assume you won't fit and then you slide right in with no issues!

I think that's the fat brain at play. I haven't had surgery yet but in the past when I lost significant wait on my own I would look at clothes and swear they were too small for me. Yet when I put them on they would fit. I think we're just so used to being bigger and it takes a minute for our brain to realize the truth.

Hey Hey Hey I've got an NSV! Getting ready yesterday to go to Columbus for my bi-weekly Stoma Stretching at OSU, Dr Noria says We Are Making Gains! think she is optimistic, but let's SEE IF SHE IS CORRECT!
Anyhoo I had put my bra in to be washed so dug in my indie drawer for a fresh one, A 42B and it FIT! For so long I have bought what I could find, added bra extenders so the band would be large enough. First stock size in years! + What I have said before, I AM NOT,a woman or Miss size, I am a terribly bloated Junior, a 27 or 29, for a woman in the 270s a B cup,is NOT LARGE! This is Why i should aim for a 15! But power to this rapidly defating Plump Princess!

Deflating and not nothing else 278 pounds and I deflate daily, my problem? Whole lot of me to deflate, a little here, a little there, and hopeful,it will all add up enough that it will be noticeable. 👈😨👉

I guess my body is changing so I'm trying not to feel too discouraged. I gained 1.4lbs in the last week...I'm 3 weeks post op today. Total loss since the surgery is 11.2 lbs. But in the last week I've also gone from a size 1X in comfy stretch pants to a regular XL. And I've lost 20" which is CRAZY. Nice to see some results and not just be obsessed with the scale. I'm also off of 3 of the 5 RX meds I was on, and another reduced by half. No more diabetes or high blood pressure. All of this is amazing for three weeks and that's what I need to hold onto.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using BariatricPal mobile app

It's the dreaded week three stall / hiccup. Seems to happen to a lot of peeps. (It did to me too). But concentrating on dropping clothes sizes and medications helps! You got this!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/12/2018 at 07:35, Hrsnjs said:

I guess my body is changing so I'm trying not to feel too discouraged. I gained 1.4lbs in the last week...I'm 3 weeks post op today. Total loss since the surgery is 11.2 lbs. But in the last week I've also gone from a size 1X in comfy stretch pants to a regular XL. And I've lost 20" which is CRAZY. Nice to see some results and not just be obsessed with the scale. I'm also off of 3 of the 5 RX meds I was on, and another reduced by half. No more diabetes or high blood pressure. All of this is amazing for three weeks and that's what I need to hold onto.

The dreaded three week stall. Just stick to your plan. My three week stall lasted a frustrating three weeks, but many only stall for a few days to a week. It’s completely normal and you are doing the right thing by focusing on inches! 😀

It's the dreaded week three stall / hiccup. Seems to happen to a lot of peeps. (It did to me too). But concentrating on dropping clothes sizes and medications helps! You got this!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you!

The dreaded three week stall. Just stick to your plan. My three week stall lasted a frustrating three weeks, but many only stall for a few days to a week. It’s completely normal and you are doing the right thing by focusing on inches! [emoji3]
Thanks...the support and reassurance from you guys works wonders, I appreciate it very much [emoji177]