Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 months post op

Hey guys, haven't been here for a while and thought I'd check in. Still losing slowly but surely. Ladies, stay away from wine and other new addictions that might take over where food once reigned! Lol. Keep to your goals and do you. Every journey is different so never compare yourself to others. At 18 months postoperative I thought I would have figured it all out by now. That is not the case. I still am mindful of my Protein and calories intake as well as liquids. Still on my Quest for Vitamins that I can settle on (have tried gummies, pills, patches). Still eat with my eyes and have to remind myself food is simply fuel and not a party. Still have to remind myself I have lost the weight and to stop ordering 3 sizes too big because it might not fit. The list goes on but wherever you are in your journey, you are doing great and you will reach your goal. Might not be tomorrow but keep working at it and you will get there. Most importantly, if you have an off day, dont beat yourself up about it and continue forward. For those of you dealing with naysayers of all sorts, I say do you. Your future self will thank you for it. Who I am now am very thankful for the me 18 months ago. My pictures below say it all. I got to a point where I was so miserable, I rarely took pictures and continued eating myself to death because it was my escape. I posted preop pic, one year anniversary, and most recent. Good luck everyone.Take care and Aloha!
Flo
Surgery Day: 4/11/17
HW: 312
PreOp after 2 week liquid diet: 302
PostOp at 18 mths: 219NOTABLE-00011.thumb.jpeg.7b833a732c71ce2fd0857f7379d87a6d.jpeg IMG_20180625_0933297.thumb.jpeg.382c85601b73e6adafa0a6996431a7f9.jpeg inf_1536905945711.thumb.jpeg.0e4841872fc65be8481055b8fec33a1f.jpeg
Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, Lola4rmKona said:

Hey guys, haven't been here for a while and thought I'd check in. Still losing slowly but surely. Ladies, stay away from wine and other new addictions that might take over where food once reigned! Lol. Keep to your goals and do you. Every journey is different so never compare yourself to others. At 18 months postoperative I thought I would have figured it all out by now. That is not the case. I still am mindful of my Protein and calories intake as well as liquids. Still on my Quest for Vitamins that I can settle on (have tried gummies, pills, patches). Still eat with my eyes and have to remind myself food is simply fuel and not a party. Still have to remind myself I have lost the weight and to stop ordering 3 sizes too big because it might not fit. The list goes on but wherever you are in your journey, you are doing great and you will reach your goal. Might not be tomorrow but keep working at it and you will get there. Most importantly, if you have an off day, dont beat yourself up about it and continue forward. For those of you dealing with naysayers of all sorts, I say do you. Your future self will thank you for it. Who I am now am very thankful for the me 18 months ago. My pictures below say it all. I got to a point where I was so miserable, I rarely took pictures and continued eating myself to death because it was my escape. I posted preop pic, one year anniversary, and most recent. Good luck everyone.Take care and Aloha!
Flo
PostOp at 18 mths: 219NOTABLE-00011.thumb.jpeg.7b833a732c71ce2fd0857f7379d87a6d.jpeg IMG_20180625_0933297.thumb.jpeg.382c85601b73e6adafa0a6996431a7f9.jpeg inf_1536905945711.thumb.jpeg.0e4841872fc65be8481055b8fec33a1f.jpeg

Fantastic loss! Your smile says it all!

5 hours ago, Lola4rmKona said:

Flo

Awwww you look so beautiful! Thank you for the encouraging words and advice. Very motivating Flo. You just look so healthy and glowing. It's people like you that reassures us newbies that we got this and it's not a race, each person is different and we have to take it one day at a time.

Thanks again for sharing and encouraging 🙂

Awwww you look so beautiful! Thank you for the encouraging words and advice. Very motivating Flo. You just look so healthy and glowing. It's people like you that reassures us newbies that we got this and it's not a race, each person is different and we have to take it one day at a time.
Thanks again for sharing and encouraging [emoji846]
Thanks Wanda247. I was once here all the time before surgery for encouragement when I was unsure and needed motivation. It really isn't a race and believe me, it is a decision you will not regret. It is almost as if you rediscover yourself everyday you wake up. You start to push boundaries you had set for yourself while overweight. You will lose friends and there will be haters. Prepare for it all but at the end of the day, you are happy and learn to love yourself again. Such joy! I am excited for your journey. Have an awesome day. Aloha:)

@Lola4rmKona you look amazing!!!! congratulations!!!! love the words of wisdom! :)