Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick and thirsty and regretting

I’m constantly thirsty too! And I hated Water before, now I can’t get enough :(

On 10/17/2018 at 6:21 AM, Matt Z said:

Are you supposed to be eating 3 weeks out? Almost all post-op diet's I've seen for Sleeved patients is liquids only for a month.

I think it varies from surgeon to surgeon. My preop diet was only 8 days before surgery and the first 5 were solid food but no more than 1,000 calories a day. The last 3 were Clear Liquids totaling at or below 1,000 calories. Post op it was clear liquids only for the first 3 days, clear liquids plus Protein Shakes (which could be mixed with milk) for the next 3, then full liquids for a week, pureed foods for a week, soft foods for a week and then finally slowly back onto solid food.

And my EGJ is in 2 two days, and I feel sick. it's like my body is hungry but I can't hold down food enough in my new stomach, to take the hunger/ulcer pain away. I am begining to think my pouch is only a holding tank, when the liquids sloowly drain out, I put more liquid down. maybe when they stapled off, they killed the muscles that used to move the food along and destroyed the nerves that keep things moving Will the nerves regenerate ever? Will I end up a thinner person with a paralyzed stomach? And Friday May be the last chance I have to see a real surgeon. They told me care will now be all NursePractioners and an occasional dietician, yo yo. folks. over here, I'm still not well!

I find ice Water works better. Also flavored water. Hated Protein water. HATED it. g2 and the mio water flavorings were and still are great. I am 2 months out and still to this day miss my club soda. Remember at that stage, soft scrambled eggs with cheese was a God send.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, LovingMeTiffani said:

And watered down juice I’m sick of Water !! This is a lot on a person

I got sick of Water, then sick of black coffee, then sick of this and that through my 6 months. I have realized I have to change it up where I'm not going to get of something. Instead of eating a turkey breast I cooked all week, I might eat it with a scrambled egg and pico de gallo. I might make a turkey salad, or just leave it in the fridge for a day. My water, I bought an infuser on Amazon, and I have been actually having fun playing with flavors. I recommend being careful with the cayenne if you try lemon and cayenne. I love spicy food and dumped it in there.

@smm86 i felt EXACTLY THE SAME. I am starting my 6th week, the feeling has definitely gotten better. It is hard to fit in the Protein and Vitamins and other medications all in that tiny sleeve. But trust me it gets better. Now in my 6th week, citrus fruits helps a lot. Lemon and grapefruit are my best friends. But slow and steady has been my mantra. My first 6 weeks have been vastly different from others I’ve found and there’s nothing I can do about that. I’m just trying to be as comfortable and healthy as possible. Your lbs loss is amazing- hugs on that. One day at a time and we’ll be on the other wise soon enough. :)

It takes time and everything you are feeling is totally normal. Be ready for your head to fight you hard this first year. I promise it will be worth it. It's an adjustment and everything seems overwhelming, but slowly you, your body and your head will make peace with everything and life gets better.

Try drinking different things, hot tea, Protein Water, Soup whatever. I still don't like the way plain water sits in my sleeve and it's been seven years. Frustration at this point happens, regret and remorse and all of it. You need to go through this to get to the next point in your journey. It will happen and this will be a memory and you'll be talking the next person of the cliff. Hang in there, it will pass and things get so much better. Enjoy the ride it's worth it. Cheers.

Hi! I'm a bit late to this forum, but I want to tell you that it DOES get better, I promise. I was miserable for the first 10 weeks or so. I know, kinda a long time. I was crying constantly, regretting everything and not seeing enough change on the scale to justify what I had done to myself. I was getting sick 4-5 times a day, couldn't eat more than a spoonful of anything without having to vomit and having to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes. But, I'm 5 months out and things are incredible. It takes time because your body is adjusting and if you just stick to your meal plan, keep your head up and have a positive attitude then it will all work out!

Listen to your body and your doctor! Not everyone heals at the same rate and if your worried about how your body is responding, talk to your doctor

Gonna believe there is food and good things around the corner for me! 4 Hours until my EGJ, please Dr Norian do your Magic!🐣