Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fluffychix do you know that’s why she’s doing it? Did she tell you that herself? Or are you making assumptions? I didn’t know this site was a place that celebrated making other people feel small. Where I’m from that’s called bullying. I was simply commiserating with the OP as a mom and a woman. Anyone that was offended can get over it. Why is Matt the only one allowed to have tough love and an opinion? Clearly I should’ve never responded. I’ll be leaving BP now. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, TX4everLinds said:

Fluffychix do you know that’s why she’s doing it? Did she tell you that herself? Or are you making assumptions? I didn’t know this site was a place that celebrated making other people feel small. Where I’m from that’s called bullying. I was simply commiserating with the OP as a mom and a woman. Anyone that was offended can get over it. Why is Matt the only one allowed to have tough love and an opinion? Clearly I should’ve never responded. I’ll be leaving BP now. Thanks.

I'm simply commisserating with @Matt Z for receiving a fairly callous slam from you. And sure, I had to go to the ER after RNY. I did EVERYTHING to try to figure out how to quit projectile vomiting and keep Water down. Why? Cus I knew the ER in our town would take a minimum of 8 hours to get seen and helped. And by then I'd either be dead or would have gotten better and I didn't want to inconvenience Mr. F. So yeah, I know a little about trying to rationalize a decision about whether or not it's really an emergency.

And for the record, I'm not bullying you or anyone else. That is not the definition of it. It's simply an arbitrary me2 kind of argument that is popular to pull out and use in today's world. Sick of that one too.

Edited by FluffyChix

Conversations here are too often turned into a debate and someone "winning". That's why at times I step back and get out for awhile. Everyone chiming in about the original poster. Where Is she? I don't see her posting. I just hope she feels better. Thats what counts.

That was a pretty douchy thing to say--and if a guy had said that to a woman, he would have been roasted for being sexist. Matt spends hours helping people here with very factual information and has deep compassion.
The OPs situation is very dire. And she's using her children as a rationalization for not going to the ER mainly cuz she knows ultimately the ER is a giant PIA and represents a time-sink. Wah. Baby wah. And so she's just sitting and spinning on her thumb rather than taking action for her own health and being an adult. She'd rather whine and talk about "conspiracy theory" than do something constructive.
She could:
1. Go to the ER like any rational adult.
2. She could force ice chips.< br> 3. She could use Biotene spray to help the metallic taste go away (most of us had to deal with that--as rational adults)
4. She could use citrus wedges or infused waters from watermelon, strawberry, cucumber, anything.
5. She could hold her nose and get the forking Water down her piehole--again like any rational adult faced with a dehydration crisis.
But does she? Nope. And the dehydration feeds the irrationality and the exhaustion, and the panic and the lack of good decision making skills. A temper tantrum has never helped someone get through a crisis. Never.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Just now, TX4everLinds said:

I guess I get a T-shirt it tattoo now too huh? I’m “calloused” and “douchy.” Lol

Personally, I don't think you've been here long enough to qualify for either one...

I'm a Mom

I'd drink Water

I'd follow my surgeon's advice

I'd go to the hospital with my kids for any problem

I'd take advice seriously when given by people who have experience

I'd put myself first

Edited by GreenTealael

My take on this is that the OP was having one of those awful OMG what have I done/I feel sorry for myself moments that a lot of people have in those days or weeks post surgery. She was probably looking for some sympathy whereas instead she got tough love.

Hopefully she has read some of the responses and realised that there is no point in feeling sorry for yourself, you can't turn back the clock you have to get on with it.

I am hoping she went to the ER and got that dehydration sorted out and has now worked out what and how to drink. If you don't like plain Water, put cordial or some kind of flavouring in it. Not being able to drink because of a metallic taste is a bit over the top. I'm sure lots of people get that sort of taste for no known reason and drink anyway, I know I do.

Hopefully she reports back soon and lets us know that yes she is OK

59 minutes ago, elcee said:

My take on this is that the OP was having one of those awful OMG what have I done/I feel sorry for myself moments that a lot of people have in those days or weeks post surgery. She was probably looking for some sympathy whereas instead she got tough love.

Hopefully she has read some of the responses and realised that there is no point in feeling sorry for yourself, you can't turn back the clock you have to get on with it.

I am hoping she went to the ER and got that dehydration sorted out and has now worked out what and how to drink. If you don't like plain Water, put cordial or some kind of flavouring in it. Not being able to drink because of a metallic taste is a bit over the top. I'm sure lots of people get that sort of taste for no known reason and drink anyway, I know I do.

Ditto

14 hours ago, skinnylife said:

@BigViffer @Matt Z

I think matching tattoos

images.jpg

Sadly, I already have my nipples tattooed, I didn't like them, so I crossed them off. Totally true story, shirtless photos of my progression on my page if you wanted to see what tattooed nipples looks like. LOL

On 11/06/2018 at 16:56, elcee said:

I did not go to the ER. I am NOT feeling sorry for myself. I was talked into this surgery by my surgeon because it “would not give me the complications my lapband did”! That was a lie! AND I HAD to have all the scar tissue and lesions cleaned up that were created by the band anyway. I am still having trouble. I can drink ice tea so I’m fine. Thanks for the support...

On 11/06/2018 at 13:40, Vegasurvivor said:

Pretty much almost everything is a rant on this websight. Many do not post in correct sections and god forbid...let's not go there.. where people do not search before they post and they start the same thread all over again. It happens. In fact the last line of her original post is that she was just ranting and apologized for ranting.
Your words are a little harsh, just saying..your statement she could very well die. She's not dying. She's here ranting. She's a mom and I get it.

Thank you! You get it!

On 11/06/2018 at 15:21, Vegasurvivor said:

Conversations here are too often turned into a debate and someone "winning". That's why at times I step back and get out for awhile. Everyone chiming in about the original poster. Where Is she? I don't see her posting. I just hope she feels better. Thats what counts.

I stayed away because people don’t know the meaning of support!!

Everyone can just stop talking about me now. I still have major complications and both drs are like “that’s ur issue” ..”no that’s ur issue”... got to love being passed around and no one helping! You don’t know me to past judgment on me! You don’t know the complications I have. I was venting...it’s over! Let it go! I’m glad all your surgeons are awesome! Mine suck!!