Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 10/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, Anglkrys2 said:

I see my dr tomorrow. As I said, I can’t drink crystal light. Vomiting from a Migraine is a no! My nutritionists are no help. If you don’t fall within their limits, they don’t know how to help you! I have 4 kids! No Er for me!

You have 4 kids... yet won't do what's needed to ensure you don't die from dehydration? Who's going to raise them if you don't get the care you **NEED** ???

It's too late for excuses. You've had the surgery, now do what you need to do to make it work, for yourself AND your children. Simply using them as an excuse as to why you are not getting the care you need is just daft, dehydration will lead to death, it's pretty simple. No Water = No life.

I have to agree with Matt on this one. Stop whining and deal with it. You can’t go back in time and you cannot get your stomach put back in. Your only option now is to work through it and find something that works. Or go back to the hospital and get IV fluids put in.

You and matt are hard core, blunt to the point. You are both right. But sometimes people just need to vent and know they are not alone. Thats why they came here. I was a crazy dramatic and I'm so thankful for those that listened and were supportive. Everyone have a great day!

I have to agree with Matt on this one. Stop whining and deal with it. You can’t go back in time and you cannot get your stomach put back in. Your only option now is to work through it and find something that works. Or go back to the hospital and get IV fluids put in.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Vegasurvivor said:

You and matt are hard core, blunt to the point. You are both right. But sometimes people just need to vent and know they are not alone. Thats why they came here. I was a crazy dramatic and I'm so thankful for those that listened and were supportive. Everyone have a great day!

If they wanted to just rant, there is a section for that, this didn't come across as just a rant though, and the OP keeps stating "I have kids, I can't do XYZ" .... I just wanted to make sure the OP understands that, not doing what is needed, because of the kids... isn't a valid excuse, because if the OP doesn't get help, they could very well die... Dehydration is no joke. I'll provide support to anyone looking for it, I didn't get that from the interactions the OP was making.

Edited by Matt Z

If they wanted to just rant, there is a section for that, this didn't come across as just a rant though, and the OP keeps stating "I have kids, I can't do XYZ" .... I just wanted to make sure the OP understands that, not doing what is needed, because of the kids... isn't a valid excuse, because if the OP doesn't get help, they could very well die... Dehydration is no joke. I'll provide support to anyone looking for it, I didn't get that from the interactions the OP was making.
Pretty much almost everything is a rant on this websight. Many do not post in correct sections and god forbid...let's not go there.. where people do not search before they post and they start the same thread all over again. It happens. In fact the last line of her original post is that she was just ranting and apologized for ranting.
Your words are a little harsh, just saying..your statement she could very well die. She's not dying. She's here ranting. She's a mom and I get it.

6 minutes ago, Vegasurvivor said:

Pretty much almost everything is a rant on this websight. Many do not post in correct sections and god forbid...let's not go there.. where people do not search before they post and they start the same thread all over again. It happens. In fact the last line of her original post is that she was just ranting and apologized for ranting.
Your words are a little harsh, just saying..your statement she could very well die. She's not dying. She's here ranting. She's a mom and I get it.

I'm sorry, but I can't disagree with you more. Dehydration is not a joke and will lead to death. Not going to the ER because she has kids, can't drink, etc... just going to lead to some serious issues. I'm sorry that facts and reality are too harsh for you.

I won't sugar coat hard facts for important things, ever.

As far as the "rant" part, yes, she said that. But all replies to folks attempting to assist show it's less a rant and more a mindset that she won't even entertain changing.

Edited by Matt Z

Only moms get it. Sorry guys. Also I know that so soon after surgery can be very overwhelming. I also think you are factually correct but not communicating in a helpful way. Not everyone’s recovery is the same and not everyone has the same support at home. Probably would’ve been better to sit this one out than be critical. Just sayin.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:55 PM, Anglkrys2 said:

I am 1 weeks out. And my gut feeling was not to do it! I had a terrible time with the band and this is no different! I even asked my surgeon AND nutritionist about my health issues BEFORE and they assured me I’d be fine! I have IBS (now terrible diarrhea and a fissure), Migraines (can’t drink anything with artificial sweeteners so I’m dehydrated-water makes me vomit due to the metallic taste in my mouth)! I am hungry, in pain, and dehydrated and the only thing they want me to do is go to ER! I can’t spend 4 months in the ER because I can’t drink Water or anything else!!! I have 4 kids! I should have just accepted my body for what it was! Seriously sick of myself and my dr. It’s all about the money for them! Sorry so negative but I needed to rant and cry....somewhere..

It's your choice to follow Doctor's instructions to take care of an ER situation or ignore it. The only one who has to be happy with the outcome of that decision is you.

Can you get treatment for IBS from another DR?

All post/opinions are appreciated. Even when we don't agree on issues. Some of us are tough love others may be a softer tone. We are still here for the original poster out of concern.

Edited by skinnylife

16 minutes ago, TX4everLinds said:

Only moms get it. Sorry guys. Also I know that so soon after surgery can be very overwhelming. I also think you are factually correct but not communicating in a helpful way. Not everyone’s recovery is the same and not everyone has the same support at home. Probably would’ve been better to sit this one out than be critical. Just sayin.

Your first line says all I need to know. Please do not tell me (or anyone for that matter) that "only mom's get it". I'm a father, and I fully "get it", where do you get off telling people they don't understand what it's like to be a parent simply because of their gender? There is a major difference between "being critical" and "expressing reality to someone that clearly does not want to see it."

I'm done with you. You are reading things how you want to read them, twisting facts into some made up criticisms and then follow all that with "Men can't understand".

Never said everyone's anything was the same, in fact, anyone that reads my posts can tell you, I know full well that everyone doesn't have the same issues/outcomes/etc. However... guess what is the same for everyone. If you don't consume Water, you die and that goes for just about every creature on this planet. It's a hard fact that NOTHING changes. Having issues with consuming the very thing that you need to sustain life, then saying you don't have time to go to the ER to make sure you don't end up with some serious life threatening complications because you have kids that you need to take care of is just... perplexing. If the OP doesn't get help... and doesn't get in what she needs for the bare minimums for water... *WILL* result in bad things. There just isn't any other way around it. And again, not going to sugar coat a very serious issue.

Edited by Matt Z

There are things only moms get, just as there are things only dads get. I think maybe you didn’t understand my post at all. And that’s ok. Have a good one.

51 minutes ago, TX4everLinds said:

That was a pretty douchy thing to say--and if a guy had said that to a woman, he would have been roasted for being sexist. Matt spends hours helping people here with very factual information and has deep compassion.

The OPs situation is very dire. And she's using her children as a rationalization for not going to the ER mainly cuz she knows ultimately the ER is a giant PIA and represents a time-sink. Wah. Baby wah. And so she's just sitting and spinning on her thumb rather than taking action for her own health and being an adult. She'd rather whine and talk about "conspiracy theory" than do something constructive.

She could:

1. Go to the ER like any rational adult.

2. She could force ice chips.

3. She could use Biotene spray to help the metallic taste go away (most of us had to deal with that--as rational adults)

4. She could use citrus wedges or infused waters from watermelon, strawberry, cucumber, anything.

5. She could hold her nose and get the forking Water down her piehole--again like any rational adult faced with a dehydration crisis.

But does she? Nope. And the dehydration feeds the irrationality and the exhaustion, and the panic and the lack of good decision making skills. A temper tantrum has never helped someone get through a crisis. Never.

Edited by FluffyChix

Congratulations Matt, you are officially a BP vet now. You've used tough-love and been called calloused, hard-core, harsh... all the greatest hits.

We should get jackets.

@BigViffer @Matt Z

I think matching tattoos

images.jpg

Edited by skinnylife