Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try some smart Water infused with some fresh ginger and add a small amount of natural honey. Try to drink only a sip at a time and have it warm. I did not have much problem post op except with cold liquids but several of my friends with morning sickness have had great success with this mixture. I would also consider a trip to the ER just for IV fluids to fill up your tank since dehydration can also cause the symptoms you are describing. Good luck!!

Please don't go long without getting in Water. If you go to the ER they will give you IV electrolytes. My friend had bypass a few weeks ago and got dehydrated and they gave her 8 bags of fluids in the ER about 3 weeks out. Dehydration is really common, and dangerous. Nothing to mess around with - if they say go to the ER, go. And then once you are rehydrated, start sampling different waters. Try Mio or Crystal Light or the sugar-free Hawaiian Punch - it doesn't have to be straight plain water.

On 10/16/2018 at 09:34, mousecat88 said:

Please don't go long without getting in Water. If you go to the ER they will give you IV electrolytes. My friend had bypass a few weeks ago and got dehydrated and they gave her 8 bags of fluids in the ER about 3 weeks out. Dehydration is really common, and dangerous. Nothing to mess around with - if they say go to the ER, go. And then once you are rehydrated, start sampling different waters. Try Mio or Crystal Light or the sugar-free Hawaiian Punch - it doesn't have to be straight plain Water.

I see my dr tomorrow. As I said, I can’t drink crystal light. Vomiting from a Migraine is a no! My nutritionists are no help. If you don’t fall within their limits, they don’t know how to help you! I have 4 kids! No Er for me!

13 hours ago, Brttnyj89 said:

Not even going to lie, last week I regretted my decision. I had surgery on 09/24 and went back to work on 10/8. I felt fine. Was getting at least 64oz of Water in a day, I'm on pureed food. I was eating correctly. On Tuesday 10/9 I had a syncopal episode. When I went down my right knee landed on my left foot. I ended up with a broke foot in 3 places.

Yikes! When I had major full-body liposuction back in 2009, I blacked out in the shower about 3 times. Terrifying experience. Fortunately didn't injure myself - well, I couldn't really tell because my entire body was already covered in massive bruises.

6 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Yikes! When I had major full-body liposuction back in 2009, I blacked out in the shower about 3 times. Terrifying experience. Fortunately didn't injure myself - well, I couldn't really tell because my entire body was already covered in massive bruises.

It was a first for me! I don't remember anything. I remember getting up to go shower and next thing I was in the floor crying and my husband was crying as well. Definitely scared us both.

get a Water purifier pitcher, or leave water out over night open. it will clear up that metallic taste. And as many have mentioned, buy higher quality water. sorry on my mobile can't see where you are from, but the ones to stay away from... zeohyrhills, dasani, aquafina, Nestle. these are the least pure.
try Niagara, Poland, Fiji, Voss. look for natural springs in your area where you can get your own water by filling jugs.

My surgeon actually allowed me to go in during business hours when i got dehydrated instead of going to the ER. Now that I’m further out I can drink more Water. Crazy part is my body didn’t like filtered water. Only thing I could keep down was ice faucet water. Which I NEVER drunk before surgery. Now that I’m 7 weeks out I can handle bottled water but i have to add lemon. I still prefer faucet water. It’s weird how everything changes. Take it one day at a time. Best of luck

Had 2 bags on the 1st while I fell after tripping, slipping or parsing out, son feels the first, I'm thinking the last because I don't remember tripping, bruised up my knee, the one that was first replaced, bruised my belly and tore my right arm open, a long skin tear, this week it's good enough to go without a dressing. So I am getting patched up, and someone passed along I was status post an RnY, now my local hospital is only a community one, so like a purple spotted giraffe EVERYBODY had to come see the strange animal. I had to end up doing a tutorial, a few had seen lao-band, a few had VSG patients but a bono fide Bypasser? Nope, never ever! I'm told my "BandAid Station" is adding Bariatrics 2019 or early 2920, they do have a new accredited and experienced in place, just doing general surgery at this point. But like Sgt Schultz from Hogan's Heroes," They Know nothing, They see Nothing" Finally I got enough Fluid in that I could void, this pleased them and I was free to leave!
Since then, although Dr Noria, my surgeon's partner that ❤doing endoscopies, told me not to be concerned about counts until my stricture is alleviated, I have endevored to be Q.S, on fluids and Proteins , not easy on a restricted liquid diet , This morning my Protein Shake isvrepulsing me so I will heat up Bone Broth, good for me but I will need something else within 2 hours, never "sticks" with me. Oh I do yearn for purees and soft solids, just pho,euntil I am repaired, it All Comes Back Up and faster than I swallowed it.💦💦Anyone want to come to my Pity Party? Only passing out Regrets Today.

Have things gotten better for you? Please post and let us know. I also had a hard time in first weeks. I had iv therapy twice for dehydration. It all gets better. For me it took till right around four months till I felt myself again. I hoping your doing better!

I am 1 weeks out. And my gut feeling was not to do it! I had a terrible time with the band and this is no different! I even asked my surgeon AND nutritionist about my health issues BEFORE and they assured me I’d be fine! I have IBS (now terrible diarrhea and a fissure), Migraines (can’t drink anything with artificial sweeteners so I’m dehydrated-water makes me vomit due to the metallic taste in my mouth)! I am hungry, in pain, and dehydrated and the only thing they want me to do is go to ER! I can’t spend 4 months in the ER because I can’t drink Water or anything else!!! I have 4 kids! I should have just accepted my body for what it was! Seriously sick of myself and my dr. It’s all about the money for them! Sorry so negative but I needed to rant and cry....somewhere..

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Hang in there, it took me a few weeks to stop puking my brains out and actually feeling like a halfway normal person again. BUT it’ll be three months post op next week, almost 50 lbs down and I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat 💗

My RNY is scheduled in nine days and I hate un filtered Water. We use water pitcher filters at home and have a bottled water cooler at work that tastes delicious, almost sweet tasting. What are of the country are you in? Down south lots of limestone in the aquifer results in soft water. Up north it’s hard with heavier minerals - the point is different sources do taste different and bottled is NOT the same as “purified” which some times removes the good taste. What kind of cup are you using? I can’t use a yeti style cup for hot as it all tastes metallic but cold is ok.

Hope you got everything worked out.

Suck it up, buttercup. This was a life changing decision. Do what you have to do and trust the process. You’ll be glad you did it later.

No one forced you to do anything. It was your choice. Of course one week out you’re going to be in a lot of pain, a few weeks from now that will be a memory though and you’ll be so happy with your decision.

I’m a week out, and I’m hungry, my stomach does not feel any different, and my taste buds haven’t changed. I’m following the post op instructions and I am losing weight, so I guess there is that. I’m sure the other will get better in time. I just want some food instead of just liquids.

I couldn’t eat or drink anything. I still have a really hard time with Water. Hang in there. Regrets will come and go. Good days and bad days. Do you have support at home? I understand what you’re going through and just try to focus on other victories. Clothes fitting different. Pain from surgery subsiding. There’s some good advice above that I’m going to take too. Don’t lose heart!!