Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you love to eat pre-op but now have no interest in?

I have discovered that I have no interest in pizza or bacon. I never thought that would be possible but my tastes have changed and I have no cravings and no desire for either. I'm not complaining, I am just surprised. I love it!

38 minutes ago, Jingle123423 said:

I have discovered that I have no interest in pizza or bacon. I never thought that would be possible but my tastes have changed and I have no cravings and no desire for either. I'm not complaining, I am just surprised. I love it!

Congrats on your surgery!

You hear people on hear talk about your taste buds changing. It's a whole different thing to experience it for yourself. Surprising and a blessing at the same time. 😊

My whole craving system has changed! 9.5 weeks post op and I haven’t had any of the foods I ate before much less I don’t physically crave them! Now mentally, I’m still thinking about them lol but it’s less and less all the time!

Used to love cottage cheese, had it with fruit, had it with veggies, had it by itself. but since it and Greek Yogurt made me vomit I cringe when I see them in the store. Don't if I will ever have the courage to eat them again!

I miss my juicy T-Bone steak!! I have tried many times but I just can not eat it. I guess I will live without my BEEF. I can eat hamb when it is made in a casserole. I can no longer eat Pork either. I eat Beans any way I can get them. It is a great thing that I love beans. LOL

Oh how I wish that I didn't crave pizza and bacon! I recently had bacon for the first time and it was delicious. Haven't had the heart to try pizza pizza yet but I've been eyeing a few cauliflower crust recipes for when I get up the nerve

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I still crave everything from before ugh I just don’t eat it now 😭😭

I couldn't eat fish for a couple months after surgery. It didn't taste good. Thankfully, that passed. I still don't want Coke Zero which I loved before. I miss the fizz and all I taste now is Syrup. Blech!

I used to love chili dogs. They were my fave. But I just tried to eat one for the first time since surgery and only got one bite down. The hot dog was just too salty and the texture was nauseating. I’ve been staying away from processed foods for the most part, so this was a good reminder to stay the course.

I wish I had an issue with chips but they go down like they're oiled up and taste just as good. But, I love my beef and pork and I feel choked when I try to eat a small bite of my husbands steak. I'm actually supposed to stay away from red meat (except deer meat) for the first year. I tried deer meat and was excited until I realized it has the same texture as steak. The pork depends how juicy it is and how it's cooked. I liked the lemon pepper tuna packs before surgery and now I only like the sweet and spicy. I could take multi-vitamins without any issues and now they taste makes me nauseous. Any medicine taste does actually.