Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cravings- pureed food

Hi can anybody please tell me if it’s normal that I have cravings although I’m in the puréed food stage? Why is this?

Yes I am tooo. I was doing intermittent fasting since March of last year, not only did I lose weight but cravings for snacking and eating in general. Since I hav been in stage Puree I’m hungry all the time. I hate this feeling, it seems the only thing that helps is scrambled eggs with a slice of cheese. Just saying that makes me hungry, I really don’t want to go into my eating phase feeling like this!

Cravings are completely normal. Now that you're starting to feel better, your body wants to "recover" from the weight you've lost. Plus, your brain wants to get back to "normal" eating. This is the hard work stage where you're retraining mind and body to your new "normal."

Thanks for your replies. It’s so hard...😓 but I have to be strong.

It’s going to be hard work, new lifestyle full of changes. We can do this!

Thanks! It’s wonderful to have support 😊

13 hours ago, COL120 said:

Thanks! It’s wonderful to have support 😊

How are you doing today? I trying a different kind of Protein Shake, I know if I can get the shakes to stay in I will feel less hungry. Last night I noticed my tongue was a dark color. I brush twice a day including my tongue but don’t usually stick it out to look! Yikes looks scary, my opinion it’s not thrush I had it last year from another surgery. I’m waiting to get a call back from the doctor. I’m going to try increase my Fluid today whenever I feel hungry. Hope your day goes well! Let me know how you are doing!

Jacquie

so what kind are you trying? My favorite is Muscle Milk 🍓. I also like part of the Premier Protein flavors, wondered why I couldn't find any at my Wal-Mart, then I read they are embroiled in a lawsuit. Dont know if they,arent shipping or Wal-Mart,isn't ordering. Do NOT buy their,house brand Equate it is VILE beyond all understanding! I would drink Slim-Fast first and I Do Not,Like it, not even before starting Bariatrics.

2 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

so what kind are you trying? My favorite is Muscle Milk 🍓. I also like part of the Premier Protein flavors, wondered why I couldn't find any at my Wal-Mart, then I read they are embroiled in a lawsuit. Dont know if they,arent shipping or Wal-Mart,isn't ordering. Do NOT buy their,house brand Equate it is VILE beyond all understanding! I would drink Slim-Fast first and I Do Not,Like it, not even before starting Bariatrics.

I had to go with plant based Protein because by proces of illumination I found out it as the whey that was making me go to the bathroom. Found organic protein at Walmart, feel so much better getting and keeping in the protein. the nutritionist told me to watch the calories on slim fast but if it’s the only meal it should be fine.

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

room

Hey JackieK! I’m feeling much better today. I’m also trying to get as much fluids as possible, different flavors so I don’t get bored and dehydrated. Let us know what the doctor says about the 👅... 👍😊

I'm in the pureed process as well. I haven't had cravings yet, but I haven't exactly felt hungry either. I'm having to make myself eat and keep a schedule.

3 hours ago, COL120 said:

Hey JackieK! I’m feeling much better today. I’m also trying to get as much fluids as possible, different flavors so I don’t get bored and dehydrated. Let us know what the doctor says about the 👅... 👍😊

It is thrush...just gave me one pill. I’ve been adding half power aid grape to my 32oz water bottle, helping me drink more!

1 hour ago, Brttnyj89 said:

I'm in the pureed process as well. I haven't had cravings yet, but I haven't exactly felt hungry either. I'm having to make myself eat and keep a schedule.

That’s good for no cravings, I think it’s more of a texture issue with me know that I’ve been finally been able to hold Protein in. Are you a revision or just bypass?

15 minutes ago, JacquieK said:

That’s good for no cravings, I think it’s more of a texture issue with me know that I’ve been finally been able to hold Protein in. Are you a revision or just bypass?

I had my band removed in May, then had RNY on 09/24. My favorite thing to eat right now is sugar free Jello cheesecake pudding. I make it with Fairlife Milk and add two scoops of GenePro!