Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions for the nervous.

Do you have a date yet? I'm happy I had the surgery, but it's been a roller coaster emotionally, physically, and everything in between.
Ive read a lot of comments about after surgery and it sounds like something i better get ready for. Have you gotten back b.c. to work yet. How long did you recuperate?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Luckily I'm a stay at home mom. Once I got my drainage bulb out, I was moving so much better. The only time I really had discomfort was when I was trying to poop, get up from sitting or laying down. I was pretty much just tender. I was doing laundry, house chores, etc. I just followed my dr post op limitations and moved around as much as possible. Ive had 3 C-sections and a hysterectomy. The only reason this surgery hurt worse was the gas pain. farting hurt to get out but felt so much relief after. (this surgery isn't one to have modesty with)

My husband encouraged my negative eating and then once it was set it stone I was getting surgery, he finally confessed he was/is nervous I'll leave him once I get healthier and feeling more secure. That I'll want someone on my level. I have heard that a lot of relationships struggle after surgery. First, speaking from my experience, I am an emotional roller coaster because I've lost another crutch. Also, I get angry as if my family should do this with me. Technically that's not fair to them. I am recovering from drugs/alcohol and the same goes with people that drink. I don't consume it, but it's not up to me to tell someone else they can't. I'm the one with food/drug/alcohol problems no my kids or my husband. I have to look at my husband and what I fell in love with. This is my fight and he wants the best, but he's scared too.

My husband encouraged my negative eating and then once it was set it stone I was getting surgery, he finally confessed he was/is nervous I'll leave him once I get healthier and feeling more secure. That I'll want someone on my level. I have heard that a lot of relationships struggle after surgery. First, speaking from my experience, I am an emotional roller coaster because I've lost another crutch. Also, I get angry as if my family should do this with me. Technically that's not fair to them. I am recovering from drugs/alcohol and the same goes with people that drink. I don't consume it, but it's not up to me to tell someone else they can't. I'm the one with food/drug/alcohol problems no my kids or my husband. I have to look at my husband and what I fell in love with. This is my fight and he wants the best, but he's scared too.
I understand that but never thought of it in my situation but i think that is exactly what it. Evertime i go on a diet my husband buys me oreos or ice cream

It's fear of change. My husband also wants to comfort me and he sees how hard I struggle emotionally not to dive into the chips and candy. I've literally had tears in my eyes wanting a piece of cake or ice cream. He tells me no at first then gives in. My addict mind also knows he will and I end up manipulating him by making him feel bad. Puts things into perspective telling on myself right now.

It's fear of change. My husband also wants to comfort me and he sees how hard I struggle emotionally not to dive into the chips and candy. I've literally had tears in my eyes wanting a piece of cake or ice cream. He tells me no at first then gives in. My addict mind also knows he will and I end up manipulating him by making him feel bad. Puts things into perspective telling on myself right now.
I get that though. I am my husbands rock and his life was a lot different before me. Now he has love and people who rely on him. De is a hard worker and sometimes i think he just wants to see me smile.

That's sweet. My husband had never had love or had someone push him to grow and be happy. He is an addict too and has always had people turn their back and I pushed him to believe in himself. And I think that's why he has the fear of me leaving, but any relationship, surgery success, our serene and happy life is dependent on the hard work we put in.

That's sweet. My husband had never had love or had someone push him to grow and be happy. He is an addict too and has always had people turn their back and I pushed him to believe in himself. And I think that's why he has the fear of me leaving, but any relationship, surgery success, our serene and happy life is dependent on the hard work we put in.
Yes it is!!

Mine was just curious of everything it involved even though we knew some from watching My 600lb Life.

My boys even ask me how many calories each food I try to eat.

Oh johnsons13 they are trying to look out for Mama. And that is a very cool thing!

On 10/12/2018 at 4:54 AM, JohannaLea said:

I would like to know if they cancel you if your BMI drops. I want this so bad. I dont want it cancelled right before i go into the OR.

My doctor only wrote down by first weight. I am right on the borderline with a 40 BMI. The last time I got weighed I left my boots on just to be careful.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:54 AM, JohannaLea said:

I would like to know if they cancel you if your BMI drops. I want this so bad. I dont want it cancelled right before i go into the OR.

My doctor only wrote down by first weight. I am right on the borderline with a 40 BMI. The last time I got weighed I left my boots on just to be careful.