Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions for what to bring to the hospital

My surgery is next week, yay, and I’m just wondering what to bring to the hospital that folks found helpful. I think I’ll only be there one night but any suggestions are helpful. Thanks

I had my sleeve 10/5 and I took a gown to walk around in and to go to test day after. A ton of toiletries that I didn't use. I thankfully took bottled Water as I cant stand city water and couldn't drink it. My family brought the low sugar Powerade but couldn't drink much of that as I found it way to sweet. I also took my phone, ipad and kindle...didnt use the kindle. You wont need much really, you wont feel like doing much of anything.

I haven't had the surgery yet, but I can tell you what I am 100% bringing (I will be there 2 nights/3 days): loose fitting clothes, my own slippers, cellphone charger, toothbrush/toothpaste, dry Shampoo, hair brush, deodorant, and a book. I anticipate I'll be sleeping a lot when I am not up walking, though.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I’ll definitely be bringing my own pillow!

Phone charger (if you bring your phone) chapstick (although the hospital gave me a goody bag which included it).
Bring the bare minimum, comfy clothes there and for the return

I’m bringing

- my super hydrating overnight lip mask. I hate chapped lips

- a sleeping shirt that goes to my knees and has a sequin cat on it

- fuzzy socks with grips at the bottom

- my phone, iPad, and portable charger

- loose sleeping pants to wear home under my sleeping shirt

-deodorant

- face wipes and a moisturizer

-underwear

- headphones.

Good idea on bringing my own pillow, I’ll add it to my list!

Good suggestions!

Good suggestions!
Socks, lip balm and Biotene (you can thank me later )

Sleeved on April 25, 2018
HW: 258
SW: 238
CW: 197
GW: 165

The thing I found the most useful was an extension cord - made it easy to put my phone and charger right where I needed them. Also, underwear.

I also brought my headphones and loaded an audiobook onto my mp3 player - so useful, I could keep entertained without having to keep my eyes open!

The hospital was great, they provided me with socks as well as a toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, and chapstick - boy, it felt so good to brush my teeth after hours of dozing in a hospital bed.

I personally didn't need anything else I brought.

Edited by boringtessa

The audiobook is a great idea!

4 hours ago, browneyez42 said:

Socks, lip balm and Biotene (you can thank me later )

Sleeved on April 25, 2018
HW: 258
SW: 238
CW: 197
GW: 165

Thanks for the biotene suggestion!

Never used Biotene in the hospital, they kept me on IV the whole time I was there, so I was well- moisturized. I use it now anyway, just did because I am now NPO for my procedure tomorrow.

I got sleeved 10/10/18 and still in hospital hopefully getting discharged tmrw. I packed a book bag full of stuff and I only used my chapstick, phone charger, face wash and toothbrush. FOR ME I find it easier being in the gown. It's the easiest when I go pee to just have it opened and not have to worry about pulling down and up my underwear since it really does hurt sitting down and getting up. Also I found it easier with the gown when I took a shower, just slip off then slip on a new one but again that's me. Best of luck to you!

Fingers crossed you get to go home today! Thanks for your suggestions and good luck!