Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Broke up with bf over this surgery.

21 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Oh, good. I had no idea what to expect regarding needing people to get me things or help me with things after surgery. My mom intends to stay with me the first 3 days, but then she has to go back to work. I keep forgetting there won't be any wounds to clean (I had a breast reduction last year and even though I was in no pain, I needed help with bandaging, etc).

Yeah, he does need to leave... I just can't be that person and kick someone out without them having a place to stay. I wish I was, though. lol. I know it's not "my problem" anymore, but when you're with someone almost 5 years, you still do care. Siiiiigh.

The wound care aspect may be easier for this surgery than the breast reduction.

It is hard but I'm sure he will be fine. He's an adult totally capable of caring for himself, or learning to... quickly

Safe Journey!

On 10/10/2018 at 12:58 PM, mousecat88 said:

any driving restrictions outside of being on the pain meds?

no driving restrictions beyond waiting til you are off the narcotic pain meds

I'm having a really hard time at home. The ex is in a CONSTANT mood. I simply asked how he was doing yesterday and he snapped at me. I sent him a long message while he was at work telling him he had to leave immediately instead of the planned few weeks I was giving him to save up. I told him I didn't need him for surgery or to help out, and that he just lives in my basement for free and is an ass. But then he got home this morning and was sullen and apologetic and then I always go back to "fine. if you can be nice, you can stay for a while longer." It's really easy for me to say what I need to when I am not facing him. He asked me if I "really" didn't want to be with him, and I told him that I didn't and he certainly didn't act like anyone interested in being in a relationship, either. It's just really dysfunctional and I can't overcome this cycle. My surgery is in 15 days and I really don't want to be dealing with a man-child's attitude during it. He has NO money, and I haven't been buying him any food, so there's nothing in my house he can even eat (it's all Protein Shakes, etc). It's just weird.

Edited by mousecat88

Good for you! You'll be totally fine. I was on my own for my recovery, and I think it was better that way, because it forced me to get up and do things for myself. You've got this!

Mouse🐭cat🐯88 POWER FOREVER! You always have a fan in ME!

And my 🐭🐺I do hope you kicked Pole🐺to the cold curbside, don't want him bringing You Down!