Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone gone to Blossom Bariatric (self-pay) in Las Vegas?

That's still a lot less expensive than many areas are, you might get requests for more information on here!

On 4/5/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lolo 2020 said:

Yes ! Don’t go to Mexico! I researched and found dr Shillingford in boca Raton florida . Did the entire procedure for $10,500. He has great reviews and specifically set up his program for non insured folks who wanted safe but reasonable surgery . I had a great result and am down 60lbs since 12/18

Lolo, what about follow up care? I’m near Gainesville so Boca is quite far for appointments. How did they work? Ty.

Maryec , I haven’t needed any follow ups really and they don’t require them . My acid reflux is a little worse post surgery and I just did a phone call with the dr and then changed my Med . I do all my own weight loss charting and use my local dr to do bloodwork . I am in NJ so really too far to use him for anything but there has been no need . I read so many of these post where people don’t have enough restriction or have other issues and so happy I used him . I have had no issues and there is plenty of restriction.

Thank you! I have a phone consult with him this week. I was worried there would be a lot of driving back and forth, so that’s very helpful! Thank you!

I had my sleeve done on 3/7, and have been thrilled with the results. I'm already down 60 lbs. I did not go to Blossom Bariatric because I got approval from insurance to have it done locally, but it's kind of an emotional roller coaster because they don't submit the request for approval until two weeks before your scheduled surgery (after you've completed the 3 mos. of prep required by insurance [and that varies per carrier]). But if I hadn't gotten insurance approval, I would definitely have gone the Blossom route.

I ended up liking my clinic more than I did initially. The nurses are great and handle any issues I have pronto. The problem I had was with the Patient Navigator who just doesn't communicate very well.

Like many of you, my surgery went off without a hitch. It was much like the gall bladder surgery (laproscopic) that I had done a million years ago....I was nearly good as new once I got home from the hospital. Almost zero pain--nothing some Tylenol couldn't resolve.I was hesitant to travel to Blossom Bariatric because I had no idea what to expect right after surgery and couldn't imagine dealing with an airport and flying home afterward. (I'm allergic to TED stockings.)

The out-of-pocket max on my insurance is only $2500, so my cost was less than half what it would have been through Blossom.

I say all this in case someone is reading this thread who is considering Blossom Bariatric. If you need a self-pay alternative, they are probably about the best, and among self-pay options the least expensive.

(I can't imagine going to Mexico for the procedure. I know that quite a few people have raved about it, but I'd be scared that the border would be closed and I wouldn't be able to get out!)

Hello, all. Does anyone have another follow-up to report on their procedure at Blossom? I'm seriously considering them.

I have a couple of questions -- do you have a support person along? My husband would most likely go with me.

At the hotel, are there any meals included? I know that I'll be on a special diet before and after, but what's available for him?

Thanks in advance -- I sure appreciate it!

On 5/1/2020 at 11:00 PM, Machta said:

Hello, all. Does anyone have another follow-up to report on their procedure at Blossom? I'm seriously considering them.

I have a couple of questions -- do you have a support person along? My husband would most likely go with me.

At the hotel, are there any meals included? I know that I'll be on a special diet before and after, but what's available for him?

Thanks in advance -- I sure appreciate it!

Following.

also where do you live Machta? There are three doctors in Florida, good reviews, to it bariatric centers of excellence, cash price 10,000 to 11,500.

52 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

Following.

also where do you live Machta? There are three doctors in Florida, good reviews, to it bariatric centers of excellence, cash price 10,000 to 11,500.

Everythinganna, thanks for your message. I'm in Colorado, so Las Vegas is a lot closer than Florida! But I'll keep that in mind.

I’ve looked into Blossom and getting my finances in order. I like all the testing they do in house. I don’t want to rush this nor do I want to be put on waiting list when I’m so excited and ready to go. Both my daughters and husband are against me doing this. But this is something I’ve been wanting to do for years. But never really told anyone. But maybe when I’m ready they may come around. I hope so.

I’ll be having my surgery at Blossom on June 15th. That’s a Monday. So, I’ll be flying in the Thursday before. Friday I have several appointments. I’ll have the weekend to do whatever I want. My daughter will be with me. So, we’ll likely check out what’s open on the Strip since she’s never been before. I’ll have the surgery Monday another appt with an IV treatment on Tuesday and fly home Wednesday. So far, everyone at Blossom has been kind. I chose Blossom because of all the great reviews, the fact that I don’t have to jump through hoops with my insurance company, and I was able to schedule it when it was convenient for me. Remind me around June 18th and I’ll leave a review.

On 04/20/2019 at 15:40, caking0923 said:

Thank you all for the information. Your comments have assured me to contact blossom on Monday.

If I could ask you all. What day of the week did you fly down. I am

Wondering what days they do surgery on.

I know a few people who went to Mexico. Paying the extra 1400 or so to have the longer stay and in the US really gives me a piece of mind.

I’m headed there next Weds. My fast-track will be the extended version, so I’m flying down on Weds with surgery set for the following Monday.

I was given a quote last week .. Cash Price for Safe Sleeve through their Fast Track Program: $15,500

2 minutes ago, Tamwell said:

I was given a quote last week .. Cash Price for Safe Sleeve through their Fast Track Program: $15,500

If you have insurance that approves weight loss surgery it’s less.

1 minute ago, G8trgrl said:

If you have insurance that approves weight loss surgery it’s less.

Unfortunately they don't take my insurance :(