Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone gone to Blossom Bariatric (self-pay) in Las Vegas?

On 03/12/2019 at 17:18, Sleevedandleanineugene said:

I’m having my VSG with Blossom on 04/05. So far it’s been a pleasant experience. (Knock on wood)
I had mine on 2/21. I did push out my departure by a day and left Sunday instead of Saturday. All of us that were there had successful procedures, one lady was admitted to hospital for inpatient surgery after her endoscopy revealed it would need to be an open, not laparoscopic procedure, so they are prepared with hospital care if needed. I also had a hiatal hernia repair so I had a little sub sternal pain (also, I’m allergic to Toradol so I had slightly less pain meds than everyone else but it was manageable)
Drs and nurses were great. The pre op testing is super thorough. I liked the hotel and the transportation as a nice touch. Not having to rent a car reduced the stress and there is a Walmart a walkable distance from the hotel to grab supplies if needed. We ubered to the strip once or twice to check things out before surgery and it was affordable. Good luck !!

I was excited about Blossom (It would be easier to get my wife on board if it was not in Mexico).. but their BBB and Yelp reviews are not great when it comes to billing. I have insurance that does not cover any WLS. It looks like they will still bill insurance for 'surgery' and charge me $6300 or more on top. Lots of reports of shady billing practices (including jacking up the price once the process has started). Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes ! Don’t go to Mexico! I researched and found dr Shillingford in boca Raton florida . Did the entire procedure for $10,500. He has great reviews and specifically set up his program for non insured folks who wanted safe but reasonable surgery . I had a great result and am down 60lbs since 12/18

On 04/05/2019 at 14:16, The Rhubarb said:

I was excited about Blossom (It would be easier to get my wife on board if it was not in Mexico).. but their BBB and Yelp reviews are not great when it comes to billing. I have insurance that does not cover any WLS. It looks like they will still bill insurance for 'surgery' and charge me $6300 or more on top. Lots of reports of shady billing practices (including jacking up the price once the process has started). Anyone have any experience with this?

I’ve not run into this issue yet, but I’m also only 3 months out. If I get a bill, I’ll be blasting about it here, for sure lol. Already paid them $6299 with the understanding that regardless of how much or how little insurance pays, I won’t have to pay anything else.

I’m completely self pay with Blossom. Surgery is on the 16th. They said everything is included and with the hefty price tag I’m paying it better be!

I went to blossom and the price they stated is the price I paid. They were very professional and I have not received any additional bills.

i went to Blossom as well and they were great. I paid the amount I was quoted before surgery. Some of the tests/procedures were billed to my insurance but what I was quoted I paid. Very professional and I couldn’t be happier with the experience. Good luck!

On 4/5/2019 at 2:43 PM, Lolo 2020 said:

Yes ! Don’t go to Mexico! I researched and found dr Shillingford in boca Raton florida . Did the entire procedure for $10,500. He has great reviews and specifically set up his program for non insured folks who wanted safe but reasonable surgery . I had a great result and am down 60lbs since 12/18

How long was the process from first contact to surgery?

He doesn’t require anything except the blood tests . I talked to him in early November and could have done it in 10 days but had to schedule it around Xmas to travel there . Very happy with my sleeve restriction and the whole process

54 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

He doesn’t require anything except the blood tests . I talked to him in early November and could have done it in 10 days but had to schedule it around Xmas to travel there . Very happy with my sleeve restriction and the whole process

Thank you so much!

Has anyone used Blossom for sleeve revision to bypass?

Thank you all for the information. Your comments have assured me to contact blossom on Monday.
If I could ask you all. What day of the week did you fly down. I am
Wondering what days they do surgery on.
I know a few people who went to Mexico. Paying the extra 1400 or so to have the longer stay and in the US really gives me a piece of mind.

Thank you all for the information. Your comments have assured me to contact blossom on Monday.
If I could ask you all. What day of the week did you fly down. I am
Wondering what days they do surgery on.
I know a few people who went to Mexico. Paying the extra 1400 or so to have the longer stay and in the US really gives me a piece of mind.
I spoke with them and they told me the $6700 Is after insurance. Otherwise cash price is $15000

Sent from my SM-J727V using BariatricPal mobile app