Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Current Weight Loss Challenges?

Just curious if there are any active Weight Loss Challenges going on in the forums right now (ex: "Fall Challenge" etc)

I've tried searching for about a half hour now and not having a lot of success.

I was sleeved 10/5/15 and last week was my 3rd "surgiversary" I've been struggling over the past 18 months (depression, alcohol, etc) and gained a BUNCH. I'm out of that fog now and recovering, and now I'm trying desperately to get back on track with my weight, too. I could really really use the motivation and accountability those challenges offer, so I'm hoping someone can link me to something.

Thanks!

Chrys

Pre-surgery weight = 254

Low weight (December 2016) = 138

Current weight = 223 (told you it was baaaaaad :( )

Please wish me luck. Going back to basics and scared I may have ruined everything.

Edited by chrys129

this one is not on this board, Its on the myfitnesspal food log.

Just give me 10 days challenge round 55

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10699300/just-give-me-10-days-round-55

Post your daily weight and add little comments along the way of how your day went. Post everyday to let us know how you're doing! Copy and paste the days in your response--tell us how much you lost and other non scale victories (NSV) you'd like to share.

Edited by skinnylife

9 minutes ago, chrys129 said:

Just curious if there are any active Weight Loss Challenges going on in the forums right now (ex: "Fall Challenge" etc)

I was sleeved 10/5/15 and last week was my 3rd "surgiversary" I've been struggling over the past 18 months (depression, alcohol, etc) and gained a BUNCH. I'm out of that fog now and recovering, and now I'm trying desperately to get back on track with my weight, too. I could really really use the motivation and accountability those challenges offer, so I'm hoping someone can link me to something.

Thanks!

Chrys

Pre-surgery weight = 254

Please wish me luck. Going back to basics and scared I may have ruined everything.

I second the MyFitnessPal app for those challenges.

18 minutes ago, chrys129 said:

Thanks!

Chrys

Pre-surgery weight = 254

Aside from MFP, there is dietbet.com (also available in an app) Lose weight and earn money

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Nice, it would be awesome if there were some (maybe here?) specifically for WLS peeps...

Why can't we start some? Maybe ask Alex if he would be willing to give away some products as rewards?

9 minutes ago, MargoCL said:

Why can't we start some? Maybe ask Alex if he would be willing to give away some products as rewards?

True, I don't know how to prevent fraud , or disordered behaviors though... The others require some type of logging/weighing/accountability

Edited by GreenTealael

The forums used to have pretty regular challenges and everyone participating was WLS peeps which made it nice. That's why I came here, first. I guess the folks that were running them just got too busy or weren't able to continue and nobody else seems to have picked it up. I'd love to think I have time to organize an endeavor like that myself, but alas I do not (single mom, FT job,zero time) But if someone wanted to start one, that would be awesome.

a daily check in/weigh in thread to get past all the food holidays? Can be weight loss or maintaining mode.

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

True, I don't know how to prevent fraud , or disordered behaviors though... The others require some type of logging/weighing/accountability

This is where I feel that this site falls down, at least with any of the tracker based/linked sites, the site has access to the users recorded data... here, it would all be on the honor system.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:50 PM, Matt Z said:

This is where I feel that this site falls down, at least with any of the tracker based/linked sites, the site has access to the users recorded data... here, it would all be on the honor system.

Yeah, I'm going to think about it for a while and see what kind of work around can be done. I like the idea of a challenge. IDK if I have the knowledge to run one though...