Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It’s been almost two years since I got the sleeve and I’m not satisfied where I am. I feel like I could be doing more but I have no motivation in me. I still try to eat healthy but it’s kind of out of control now. I’m scared to be 300 lbs again or to gain any more weight. Lowest weight was 185 I’m at 194 right now. I feel kind of depressed to be honest like I let myself down.. I just need support I guess.

A nine pound weight gain in two years isn't too bad Now it's time to work it off. Remember it's a lot easier to lose nine pounds than 20. Make it your goal to lose three pounds a week. In less than a month you'll be back to 185. From there you can work off more of you want.How is your restriction after 2years? One piece of advice I get from my nutritionist and doctors is to stay away from the carbs. They slide right through your restriction and you can over eat them. Instead stay with the Proteins.

i know as time goes by we tend to get back into the bad eating behaviors. Now is the time to reverse your weight gain while it's still manageable.

9 hours ago, valerieluvs said:

It’s been almost two years since I got the sleeve and I’m not satisfied where I am. I feel like I could be doing more but I have no motivation in me. I still try to eat healthy but it’s kind of out of control now. I’m scared to be 300 lbs again or to gain any more weight. Lowest weight was 185 I’m at 194 right now. I feel kind of depressed to be honest like I let myself down.. I just need support I guess.

WLS is a tool. It's 100% up to you to work with it. If you don't have any motivation, you need to look somewhere else, it's not the WLS causing that. If your eating is out of control... reign that crap in, only you can do that. You've got 2 options. Do what you need to... or don't. It's your call. No one here is going to do it for you. Your WLS won't do it for you. You have to look yourself in the mirror and decide that you are no longer going to allow yourself to keep ignoring what needs to be done.

Start over. Restart your Pre-op diet and follow it to the letter, pretend in you didn't have the surgery and are going to get it... start your pre-op, then fast the day of "surgery", then start working through your post-op diet. This will get you back into the swing of things and will "reset" your pouch/sleeve a bit.

You have to be the one to make this work. So, make the decision to do it.

10 hours ago, valerieluvs said:

Congratulations on two years out.

Many of us have a weight gain after goal. The choice is to lose the weight or to be comfortable at a higher weight. There is no judgment of what you choose to do. This is your life and your choice.

If you choose to lose

It's not so much motivation. Reality - This is work to maintain /lose a weight gain. It's not fun to give up the calories and carbs. The weight loss is slower. Know that this gain is manageable if you want to take it off. It can be done.

Motivation or Perspective:

This is hard but a person with cancer would gladly trade places with us for our weight loss struggles, Right?

Wishing you the best,

Jenn

Edited by skinnylife

Congrats to everyone on there life change (NOT DIET) i know the feeling of things not going as planned ..the shakes make me wanna 🤢 i feel the same valerieluvs i need the support of people that share the same wait lose journey im looking for the right foods or shakes ...trying to stay on a good track that works i know im in the driver seat ..but sometimes i slide over to passenger mode 😐 hope my post makes sense 😥

At least you're still in the passenger seat, some days I feel I've been tossed in the trunk on top of the spare tire & with the tire Jack poking me in the ribs!