Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

My question is for a D/S switch. How long do I need to be off work. I own my own business and need to be back ASAP! I would be sitting at a desk all day no kind of physical work.

Thanks

You're gonna wanna take the most time your doctor wants you to take. I thought a week out I was feeling good enough and pushed myself a bit too much and ended up on the couch all day yesterday in pain.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BariatricPal mobile app

I’ve heard between 2-4. I opted for 4. Glad I did. Getting my energy level up with the amount of Liquid Protein we’re supposed to live on is difficult.

15 hours ago, Tim A said:

Hello All,

My question is for a D/S switch. How long do I need to be off work. I own my own business and need to be back ASAP! I would be sitting at a desk all day no kind of physical work.

Thanks

I took 2 months with my Band... and with my Revision to Bypass. Post op was easy for each surgery, but my reasoning wasn't just for the potential movement or energy issues, it was more for taking the time to relearn what I can and can't eat. And I'm super glad I did, I had issues with some foods early on that, if I wasn't home... would have been very uncomfortable to deal with at work/in public.

I am having bypass on the 1st. I can only take 2 weeks because I live alone and that's all the paid leave I have. My boss had bypass and started going to meetings (not a full day of work) 3 days after he got out of the hospital. I did apply for FMLA in case something goes awry and I can't get back to work within 2 weeks... but financially... I will be screwed. Everyone at my doc has said 2 weeks should be fine since I have a desk job, barring any complications. The longest they said anyone has ever taken was 4 weeks, and it wasn't because of pain, but just getting used to the foods.

I took 2 weeks off for RNY Gastric Bypass and it was lovely! It's like a mini vacation at home to rest and Neflix binge. When I returned to work as an Office Manager, it was full time so I just tried to take it easy as much as possible and do as much desk work that I could. Several days in the first week back to work, I would go take a rest in my car during my lunch hour. It always gave me the afternoon boost. Evenings, I would go to bed early. Before you know it, you'll be down in weight and feeling fabulous. The energy is awesome post-op.

I had RNY and returned after two weeks! I could have returned within a week but I had the extra time and thought I might as well take it!

I think everybody is different depending on their tolerance to pain, and how their new digestive system is working.

I took 4 weeks, and then worked from home an additional two. I think I probably could have went back to work at 3 weeks, but it would have been pretty miserable...That being said, I have a fairly low pain tolerance when it comes to medical procedures. (But I can scratch, cut, scrape and bruise my arms with no real pain go figure...Maybe because I'm always working on my cars and the above are inevitable).