Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for December yet?

I am Dec 18. I start my pre op first dec 8. I’m nervous. I’m excited. I’m everything.

I am supposed to have surgery on Dec 17th but have 7 more pounds. Freaking out that I won’t lose it in time.

Keep on walking, keep your fluids and permitted diet going, if you make it , Glory Glory, if not, you'll know you tried. Surely if you are close to that loss-- they will let you through. Very few knee- jerk types at that point.😛👍

I’m scheduled for the DS on December 17th. I start the preop liquid diet on the 12th. Starting today I am stopping my bioidentical hormones in advance of surgery.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:21 AM, Anita watson said:

Me!! December 17th!

Me too, the 16th

I am new here and also schedule for a December surgery. My date is the 12th. I’m having a revision surgery, LapBand to Sleeve. I’m looking forward to meeting and chatting with you guys here online. [emoji4]
Hi, my date is also the 12th! I'm having a revision too, LapBand to Bypass. Good luck with yours. [emoji4]

Jacie63

I shared this in the other December group as well.

So, I am on day 5 of the liquids only and it's going pretty good. My best friend, this woman is truly my person, is doing a version of the liquid diet with me because she didn't want me to feel like I was alone. She completed the first 4 days liquid only, but I talked her into having at least one low carb/high Protein meal a day because, first of all she doesn't need to lose a pound and second of all I was worried that the medicine that she takes would make her sick. I BEGGED and PLEADED and she FINALLY agreed. My husband prepped for this phase for me by going to the grocery store and purchasing plenty of said liquids, Jello, pudding, etc. He has put in his time to take a week off from work, which is a blessing. I prepped myself over the course of the last 4 months by doing several (and I do mean several) liquid diets for various lengths of time. I fast periodically anyway, but I wanted to condition my body for this. It's a big difference between liquids only for 1 week and liquids only for 4 weeks.

From all of my prior liquids only diets and fasts, I knew that Day 1 and Day 2 would be HARD for me. The kind of hard where you contemplate cheating. I expected it, so, to combat it I emptied my usual carry bag which usually contains protein chips, a Protein Bar, a protein Water, and a Protein Shake, I took the chips and the bar out and doubled the protein shake and protein water. I still carry my usual thermos of water. I wanted to make sure I have enough liquids on me to last while I am out running errands, etc. so that when hunger hits, I won't go nuts. I knew the end of Day 3 would find me in bed early finishing off the end of my battling through constant headaches.

So, Day 5-10 should be decent. I am sure I will have the occasional headache and battles with feeling weak. I have NO idea what awaits after Day 10, as I've only gone ten days. Fingers crossed! It gets tough, but we can do this!! I am just focused on the journey and enjoying seeing the pounds continue to come off. How is it coming for everyone else?

VSG- 12/6

December 6th!!!