Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for December yet?

I have a tentative VGS surgery date of December 14th. Anyone else scheduled for December yet? Lots of questions to come, I’m sure, but also looking for people to go through this together.

Yay! Nice to know I’m not alone. How’s the process going for you?

Thursday I have surgery to remove my lap band. My doctor likes to wait 2 or 3 months to allow the stomach to heal before the sleeve surgery. Both surgeries have been approved by my insurance company. Im pretty pumped and nervous. What about you?

34 minutes ago, Anita watson said:

Thursday I have surgery to remove my lap band. My doctor likes to wait 2 or 3 months to allow the stomach to heal before the sleeve surgery. Both surgeries have been approved by my insurance company. Im pretty pumped and nervous. What about you?

I have my psych evaluation left to submit to get my pre-certification for surgery. I’m nervous but they seem to think it will all go through without a hitch.

27 minutes ago, April Marie said:

December 10th Merry Xmas to us

Sent from my 5049Z using BariatricPal mobile app

Merry Christmas to us! Great way to look at it.

I’m hoping for November, but may be December. Dr office forgot to tell me the insurance company might not approve me if I gained as much as a pound during my nutrition period. Today was my last appointment and I must have walked in with Angels, because I’m 1/2 pound down from where I started. Now to insurance. Letting hope float and putting choke collars on those Angels.

I've completed everything except my psych eval and nicotine test. I'll have both at the end of this month. Hoping for a December date.

I just got a tentative date of December 11th for VGS! I have everything completed, just have to have 2 more weigh-in's for my insurance. I am SO excited!

I feel like I've been on a fast-track. Insurance approved day after 4 hour seminar, met with surgeon, passed 2 hour psych eval, met with anesthesia, meet with dietitian/exercise therapist tomorrow which is just once then I can meet the surgeon again to set the date and get details re: my pre-op diet! I'm so excited I could seriously scream! Even though I could have surgery in November, I think I'll wait until December due to the fact it's better for my job. So, hopefully I'll be a December groupie. I'm still undecided re: sleeve/bypass. I keep changing my darn mind. I'll make a decision, leaning towards bypass today LOL.

Good luck...positive vibes to ALL :)

Oh yay! I have been looking for more people who have their surgery date in December.

I'm December 12th!

All I have left to do is figure out FMLA/STD with my employer and my pre-op testing (in November.)

Edited by batty_vsg

Hey All,

I was given a date of Dec. 6th. They found that I had sleep apnea, so I had to take an extra 30 days and sleep with the cpap. My follow-up pulmonary clearance appointment is today. Last night made 30 days of cpap use so I am able to get my clearance today. I had to schedule an extra weigh in to cover this 30 days so that I wouldn't have any gaps in my medical weight management, though my insurance only required three months this will be my fourth. My final weigh in is tomorrow. My class is Thursday. Tomorrow they will they will send in everything to get approval. I meet with the surgeon on the 12th. I am super ready!

I tested positive for H-pylori, so I am on day 10 of 14 days of medication (20 pills per day UGH). I asked the nurse if this was going to slow things down or change the plan and she said no. As of now, I have my psych evaluation November 6th., Pre-Op educational meeting at the hospital November 20th, and my pre-op appointment with the doctor on December 6th. The only thing they haven't scheduled yet is my EGD. If I haven't heard from them by the end of the week I am going to call 1st thing Monday morning. It's getting close! Hope everyone is doing well and is on pace to have surgery still in December.

I passed my clinical eval and I don't have H Pylori. My Iron and Vitamin D levels were extremely low so the doctor didn't clear me for surgery. I started a 12 week Vitamin D regimen and have to get 2 iron infusions. I'll have my numbers checked again next month but a December date is a no-go for me. Good luck to you all that are moving forward!