Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Messing up BIG time!!!!

I'm 7 day PreOp and I haven't been sticking to my 2 week clear liquid diet. At least one of my meals has been some I shouldn't be eating. Will the have a major effect on whether or not I can go through with my procedure? And if you went through this but were able to proceed how did you do after the procedure was completed?

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well kimmie83, who are you punishing except yourself by non complying? You are given this guid3 to benefit you. Will you still get your surgery? Probably. Will it go as smoothly and easily as it could have , had you follows the rules perfectly? That I cant' gaurentee, you could slide through unscathed, you might have more discomfort, more pain.
You see I did mine for 4+ weeks, lost 15 pounds and I did follow the rules Why? Because I did want the best result I could have. I had no nausea, almost no discomfort, had a smooth hospital stay.
And I will be glad to my lady days on earth🌏that I had it done. I am hav8nd so problems now but that is the fault of my body, not of my spirit and determination. That is still strong
Kimmie, you are human, we all are on here and we understand only too well how you feel. But I believe you can and will make a success, don't look back, resolve to do better going forward. Day by Day, step by step and you will make it. Now a Big Smile, Darling!😛.

The pre-op diet is hard, but it builds discipline that you will need, post-op. It also shrinks your liver, which makes for a safer and easier/less expensive procedure. The past is the past. You've got 7 days, now. Do yourself a favor, and don't cheat in the next 7 days. Not even a little. Follow the rules, so you can have the best possible outcome.

Agreed with the post by CrankyMagpie! I focused on the benefit of shrinking my liver and what that meant for my overall safety and outcomes during/after the surgery. I was able to follow the 2-week liquid diet with this approach. You’ll be able to do it the next 7 days—I know it!