Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, Ed_NW said:

You probably caused some swelling with the potato. Maybe try some crushed ice instead of Water.

Today my nurse has me on warm fluids. We'll see how that goes. Room temp was not working well for me yesterday. If it continues or gets worse (like liquid actually coming back up) I'm going to go to Urgent Care.

I hope it goes away soon too. I've been trying to research it but sounds like it just needs to pass. If I'm still struggling or if the liquids truly start coming back up, I'll head to Urgent Care.
If you find anything during your research, let me known. It's not ideal but I dont feel like I am anywhere close enough to being uncomfortable enough to go to urgent care.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

The temperature has a lot to do with what I drink. I have no problems with shakes but Water I feel resistance right after the 1st sip and it just I have to learn how to listen to my tool so half sips and I don’t swallow all of it at once and 5 weeks out I finally had a day with out causing myself pain. It’s a process for sure but we can do it.

54 minutes ago, beingdina said:

That's scary! My nurse told me to stick to warm liquids and broth today. So we'll see how that goes. If it continues, I may make an appointment with my PCP to see what can be done. Fluids don't seem to go right down (I'm on fluids only for another 2 weeks at least), so I'm not sure what is going on. Hoping it's just swelling from overdoing it on Friday. I hope everything works out with the EGD. Sounds like that is usually all they need to do to open it up.

I'm sorry you're having problems. But please, PLEASE for God's sake, tell your surgical team about this. I think your nurse is with your surgeon? But do NOT let your PCP treat you for a potential issue with your surgery. The only person you should be listening to is your surgeon and by-proxy his nurse/Pa/team.

I'm thinking mine might be GERD.

2 hours ago, Oct517 said:

If you find anything during your research, let me known. It's not ideal but I dont feel like I am anywhere close enough to being uncomfortable enough to go to urgent care.

Well, I've read it could be reflux. I am taking Pepcid x 2 a day. Nothing is coming back up, and the warm seems to be helping. Imagine a hand wrapped around your throat feeling. It's not as bad in my esophagus now, but I'm taking it VERY slowly. Sipping warm peppermint tea and teaspoon size sips of broth every 5 minutes or so. I definitely don't feel like I need Urgent Care either, but since my surgeons office is 2 hours away, I need to go local for immediate care.

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm sorry you're having problems. But please, PLEASE for God's sake, tell your surgical team about this. I think your nurse is with your surgeon? But do NOT let your PCP treat you for a potential issue with your surgery. The only person you should be listening to is your surgeon and by-proxy his nurse/Pa/team.

Yes, she's a nurse and the program manager for my surgeon's bariatric practice. I would only want to get my physician involved so it's all in my local record in case something were to go really wrong. Everything else will go through my surgeons office.

1 hour ago, Oct517 said:

I'm thinking mine might be GERD.

Me too. They have me on Pepcid x 2/day. I'm wondering if it's not enough for me and my body has just gotten used to that dosage. I feel little bubbles in the back of my throat too. It's not like heartburn though. There's no pain at all, no feeling of indigestion except for at the back of my throat just feels weird. I'll probably do the warm fluids for a couple days and see how I feel. What I'm really looking for is this feeling in my throat to go away. Like a hand around my throat almost. Lump in the throat feeling.

Me too. They have me on Pepcid x 2/day. I'm wondering if it's not enough for me and my body has just gotten used to that dosage. I feel little bubbles in the back of my throat too. It's not like heartburn though. There's no pain at all, no feeling of indigestion except for at the back of my throat just feels weird. I'll probably do the warm fluids for a couple days and see how I feel. What I'm really looking for is this feeling in my throat to go away. Like a hand around my throat almost. Lump in the throat feeling.
Yeah, I'm only on 1 omeprazole a day and I feel like I need something stronger. I have this lump in my throat feelings but also some of the classic feeling of the slight burn in chest. No "bubble" feeling as you describe.
Took a nap and lump in throat isn't as bad now but still noticable.

On 10/07/2018 at 17:44, Oct517 said:

Yeah, I'm only on 1 omeprazole a day and I feel like I need something stronger. I have this lump in my throat feelings but also some of the classic feeling of the slight burn in chest. No "bubble" feeling as you describe.
Took a nap and lump in throat isn't as bad now but still noticable.

I started thinking about how I hadn’t “eaten” any Protein really since Friday and so I braved 3oz of Premier and have to tell you the lump feeing is about 50% less. I am now absolutely convinced this is reflux or silent heartburn. I think after bad Soup I haven’t had much protein and my stomach hasn’t had much to digest and has been actively looking for food. We shall see.

I started thinking about how I hadn’t “eaten” any Protein really since Friday and so I braved 3oz of Premier and have to tell you the lump feeing is about 50% less. I am now absolutely convinced this is reflux or silent heartburn. I think after bad Soup I haven’t had much Protein and my stomach hasn’t had much to digest and has been actively looking for food. We shall see.
I'm also convinced that what I am feeling is from acid reflux. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can up my anti acid dose.

This heartburn I'm feeling right now is super intense. I'm afraid to take anything without my doctors consent so I took a bit of pain meds with the hope that the feeling will go away.

14 hours ago, beingdina said:

Hi Russ, I definitely feel like I have something in my throat. No pain at all anymore since yesterday which is good. I've not started eating any purees or solids at all, except that Soup that was just too many ingredients I think. I'm sticking to straight broth for the next few weeks. My biggest worry is that it's liquids that don't feel like they are going down.

Are you on a PPI? I had a similar feeling / reaction and actually had to adjust the time of my Prilosec and requested to take it twice a day for the first few weeks. I also had to experiment with liquid textures / temperatures. And 7 weeks post op, I still have to adjust to make my pouch happy.

1 hour ago, MargoCL said:

Are you on a PPI? I had a similar feeling / reaction and actually had to adjust the time of my Prilosec and requested to take it twice a day for the first few weeks. I also had to experiment with liquid textures / temperatures. And 7 weeks post op, I still have to adjust to make my pouch happy.

I was just approved to take my PPI twice a day. Did you find that it helped if you took one in the morning and one in the evening or did you take them both at once?

14 minutes ago, Oct517 said:

I was just approved to take my PPI twice a day. Did you find that it helped if you took one in the morning and one in the evening or did you take them both at once?

It did. I usually took it after a meal and that helped the best. Along with opening up the capsule and taking with applesauce (that was truly my savior). Before I was approved, I moved my from evening to mid-day - that's when the pain was always the worst. The the Dr. said twice a day. It helped. Now I'm off completely and take as needed (which I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've "needed" it in 2 weeks. I'm now on a twice a day regimen to prevent gall bladder stones (three months).