Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we just start a thread for us November bypassers? Mine is November 1st! Please feel free to spill your guts over your fears and excitements! I'd love to have the support knowing we're doing this together, even if we are physically far away.

I have 150lbs to lose and I am anxious to see those pounds go! My goal is to reach my goal weight within 24 months. I know it can happen much sooner than that, but I want to give myself a far out goal-date so I don't get too upset if it doesn't come off as fast as I hope. I hope to spend my 32nd birthday at 140lbs! My birthday is November 24th, so this is the best 30th birthday present I could give myself.

Can we just start a thread for us November bypassers? Mine is November 1st! Please feel free to spill your guts over your fears and excitements! I'd love to have the support knowing we're doing this together, even if we are physically far away.
I have 150lbs to lose and I am anxious to see those pounds go! My goal is to reach my goal weight within 24 months. I know it can happen much sooner than that, but I want to give myself a far out goal-date so I don't get too upset if it doesn't come off as fast as I hope. I hope to spend my 32nd birthday at 140lbs! My birthday is November 24th, so this is the best 30th birthday present I could give myself.
I have the sleeve scheduled for the 8th..i go for pré ops on wed the 10th so hope all goes well and it doesnt get pushed out. Chuckle chuckle..my birthday is the 25th of nov but way ilder than 30 lol

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using BariatricPal mobile app

Bypass scheduled November 13.

I have had more than a few friends with a November 25th birthday, once wondered if there has been a Big Party 9 months before Don't think it would have been a tupperware party, unless they are more rocking that the ones I've been to!😒😜

Im a bypasser also the middle of november and im very excited.My thing is im trying to figure out what we need post op to survive!! Im wanting a Protein Powder for my shakes but dont know what to get also do we get chicken broth and sugar free jellos or what and i also need to know what kind of Vitamins and Calcium to take!! Thats what my scaredness is coming from not being prepared with things i need after surgery!! Any help out there??

Sent from my LG-M210 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, zueschoco1 said:

Im a bypasser also the middle of november and im very excited.My thing is im trying to figure out what we need post op to survive!! Im wanting a Protein Powder for my shakes but dont know what to get also do we get chicken broth and sugar free jellos or what and i also need to know what kind of Vitamins and Calcium to take!! Thats what my scaredness is coming from not being prepared with things i need after surgery!! Any help out there??

Oh my gosh - did you not get this guidance from your surgeon? Mine gave me a massive like 200 page manual with grocery lists for each phase, meal plans, and nutritional facts and everything. Get whey Protein isolate shakes. My surgeon said less than 10g carbs, no more than 3g fat, under 200 calories. Syntrax, Unjury, Quest, Bariatric Advantage, Pure Protein all work. I can't drink whey so I get soy shakes... AdvantEdge, 365 Everyday, and Atkins (half soy). You should definitely talk to your surgeon about what Vitamins you'll need. Mine had me buy mine straight from them. I am taking supposed to take Celebrate Vitamins twice daily and Iron. Unjury also sells good bariatric vitamins on their website, but you really need to know from your doctor what YOU need to be taking since it's surgery and individual specific!

Edited by mousecat88

On 10/5/2018 at 10:40 PM, Frustr8 said:

I have had more than a few friends with a November 25th birthday, once wondered if there has been a Big Party 9 months before Don't think it would have been a tupperware party, unless they are more rocking that the ones I've been to!😒😜

I had my birthday party on September 1st! lol! Went out to my favorite restaurant which is an upscale all-you-can eat brazilian steakhouse, went out for drinks two nights, and ate plenty of junky bar food. No regrets there!

I had my birthday party on September 1st! lol! Went out to my favorite restaurant which is an upscale all-you-can eat brazilian steakhouse, went out for drinks two nights, and ate plenty of junky bar food. No regrets there!
Love brazilian food..one thing I can make lol but wont be eating in the near future..i have my pre op labs tomorrow along with my informational meeting with the surgeons office tomorrow.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/09/2018 at 02:11, zueschoco1 said:

I was also worried about this! But got a lot of information today. I think at first I am going to go with the Celebrate Protein Shake 4-1. It is pricey but it has all the nutrients and Vitamins you need in your Protein shake so you only have 1 thing to do besides your liquids.< /p>

Well my thing is that i live on a fixed income so there is not alot of money to go around so i was thinking of a powder so i could make it last a while versus just a bottle already mixed and ready.Im just affraid that because of my limited income i wont have what i need to survive preop and postop

Help!! Help!!! Im so stressed

Get some advice from Your Bari-Team.Mine had free samples I could try, we also had one Bari-pal, can't remember where,but her program had liquid shakes others had donated back, really,helped her budget. I am financing my journey with Social Security, know what you mean with limited budget!👍❤Love from Central Ohio and Me!

Well my thing is that i live on a fixed income so there is not alot of money to go around so i was thinking of a powder so i could make it last a while versus just a bottle already mixed and ready.Im just affraid that because of my limited income i wont have what i need to survive preop and postop

Honestly, some of the pre-mixes are cheaper than the powders. You will have to look at the servings per tub versus the number of bottles in the pre-mixed and do the math. It's cheaper for me to use AdvantEdge or Atkins shakes from Walmart than, say, buy the Bariatric Advantage powder. Some of the tubs of powder are crazy expensive versus the pre-mixed bottles. Some are much cheaper. Just be mindful of the servings in each tub.

Also, Unjury sells pretty cheap Bariatric Complete Vitamins on their website! (I hate their Protein powders though.)