Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Yay for everybody's successes. I'm not done yet but I'm loving life. I especially love all the energy I have and have become an exercise addict. Woot, woot to everyone!

Hi folks!

Thought I’d give an update on my progress. I always wished people would update when they were a year or close to a year out. I got so stoked reading those types of posts.

Started at 468, sleeved on 12/4. Current weight is 310, working on losing another 60# over the next 8 months or so.

It has been a long journey, but one I’m glad to have taken. I knew that my weight affected every facet of my life, but I had forgotten just what it was like to be alive. I am doing things now I haven’t done in 25 years. The amount of energy I have is shocking. I just got back from a Disney trip(not a single issue with any rides at Disney, yay!) and I never ran out of energy chasing my 4 kids around the park. That would have destroyed me before the surgery.

Confidence in my professional career is through the roof, I have made so many career moves since surgery that I’m embarrassed how much I was short changing myself for so long.

My body is still changing rapidly, and I sometimes can’t see those changes. I look in the mirror and I can see that I look different, but I sometimes see that old guy staring back at me that weighs 468#, I think it’s going to take a very long time to rewrite my self image.

When I started this journey I scoured this forum for any posts by guys that fit my demographic and didn’t find that many. I told myself that I wanted to contribute so others in my position might read something that would inspire them to make a change.

Just do it man.

Those knees that hurt every time you get out of a chair? That goes away.

The constant back pain when standing on your feet. It goes away

The high blood pressure? Gone

Diabetes? Gone (my latest A1c was 5.1) No meds

Having to immediately scope out seating when you arrive somewhere to make sure it will support you or fit your butt. Doesn’t happen any more

Sex life not the greatest? Holy crap dude. Total difference. EVERYTHING is better in that department.

But most important? You will find the person that you know you are, others will see that person, and you will be so much happier.

7EA3D194-F02C-443E-981C-C970D8BEC9F5.jpeg

1C19F2C1-D953-4AC6-B61D-758B88764FB0.jpeg

0C463996-DFC3-4C45-B5D5-D4D58E271EA8.jpeg

D52AF7DF-9F8C-443C-848C-632CE19D8BCE.jpeg

VSG David, you are Looking Good and Doing Good, and I forecast Good Things for you on into the FUTURE. I guess maybe I have been living long enough (73) to be ABLE to forsee THE FUTURE as a Wise Old Broad so THAT is my prediction! Keep the Faith , my brother, looks like you are doing THINGS right.😝👍

You're doing great David! Keep it up. It is amazing all the changes for the positive that have come with this and we aren't even a year out from surgery!

I love your positive attitude, David. I know that I have become more positive and have a better attitude towards life. I will always be so grateful for this surgery and will not abuse it at any cost. The one in the green shirt was taken quite a few months ago.

Big, big Angela.jpg

IMG_2098.JPG

Edited by AggiG

On 10/24/2019 at 11:16 AM, AggiG said:

I love your positive attitude, David. I know that I have become more positive and have a better attitude towards life. I will always be so grateful for this surgery and will not abuse it at any cost. The one in the green shirt was taken quite a few months ago.

Big, big Angela.jpg

IMG_2098.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving December 2018 sleever's. Hope everyone is well and happy. I'm feeling grateful with the results this thankful season!

IMG_0238.jpeg

Well done !

Mine was December 18th last year . I lost 50lbs in 3 months and 75 lbs and was at goal weight within 6 month. I am wearing a size 8 and Fee amazing - best thing I ever did !! Get excited !

48 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Mine was December 18th last year . I lost 50lbs in 3 months and 75 lbs and was at goal weight within 6 month. I am wearing a size 8 and Fee amazing - best thing I ever did !! Get excited !

Size 8 dress, too. Yay for us! Send us a snap shot of the new you...

7 hours ago, schoolsmart54 said:

Received my scheduled date of December 17th for surgery. I am excited and but getting a little nervous too.

December 17th I Celebrate my first year anniversary. You've got this. You will never look back!

1 hour ago, Sophie7713 said:

Size 8 dress, too. Yay for us! Send us a snap shot of the new you...

B7D569E5-FCA1-4E37-90BA-301E501FDC15.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

B7D569E5-FCA1-4E37-90BA-301E501FDC15.jpeg

eu la la ! 200 lbs my azz. lol :)

On 10/22/2019 at 9:42 AM, Sophie7713 said:

Oh Louise, Congratulations!!!! Getting our sleeves was truly a major game changer right!? Send us a snap shot of the new you! Here I am with my wire fox terrier, Bobby. I am definitely enjoying much longer walks and adventures with him! I'm 21 pounds from my goal. Love The Obesity Code by Jason Fung, MD and look forward to his new cookbook coming out. How are you maintaining besides exercise? Is your hunger back? So very happy for you. Wow. ;]

IMG_2339.jpeg

You look great. I love how you and Bobby match! So I am 11 months out as of yesterday and my hunger has only slightly increased. I am still only at around 800 calories per day. I don't exercise a whole lot but my doctor thinks because my calories are still pretty low that's why I am maintaining so easily.