Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

So, I haven't posted in a while with my busy busy schedule. My updates thus far are that I am down 56 lbs since surgery on 12/20/18. I am not where I'd hoped to be but I have been trying to get back on track. My Protein and albumin is a bit low, so I will get back to taking in 2 Protein Shakes per day, start back walking on my lunch breaks and watching my intake. Hit another stall it seems like. I hit one at 4 weeks and again for the past 2-3 weeks which is week 13-15 post-op. Just need some motivation to get back to my weigh loss goal of 175.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved 12/18 and down 58! Guess we are both on the right track ! 14 more to go to 168

I was sleeved 12/18 and down 58! Guess we are both on the right track ! 14 more to go to 168
Lolo, this makes me feel a lot better! Knowing I'm not alone![emoji854] Although I do have more than 14 lbs to go, more like 112. My initial weight was 343, but I will get there. I'm out of the 300s though. So, that's something to be proud of[emoji847]

55 minutes ago, TaeRenee said:

Hit another stall it seems like. I hit one at 4 weeks and again for the past 2-3 weeks which is week 13-15 post-op. Just need some motivation to get back to my weigh loss goal of 175.

I had the same surgery a week earlier than you and I'm having stalls at the exact same time. Whew! At least it's not just me, it must be a normal thing. Makes me feel better because I know I'm eating right and exercising and I wasn't understanding why the weight wasn't coming off.

I had the same surgery a week earlier than you and I'm having stalls at the exact same time. Whew! At least it's not just me, it must be a normal thing. Makes me feel better because I know I'm eating right and exercising and I wasn't understanding why the weight wasn't coming off.
Well, Grady Cat I guess we can breathe a little better knowing we are not all alone in this fight!! I was thinking the same thing like why hasn't this scale number moved for me! Maybe I need to stay off the scale until next month! [emoji847] and see my progress by then. That's maybe what I'm going to do seriously!. Good luck [emoji41]

Are you guys sure you are stalled? The scale is just a convenient tool for judging progress since Water weight, time of the month etc. can greatly effect your weight on the scale. You'd be much better of combining your weigh ins with body measurements (hips, thighs, waist, chest) and body fat percentage (either with a bio-impedence scale or get an omicron handheld body fat monitor [preferable]). If I was just going by what the scale said, I would think I am in the world's longest bariatric stall. I have only lost 7 pounds in the last 8 week, but I lost 3.5" off my waist, 1.5" off my chest and my body fat is down 18% since surgery (on 12/17). None of that shows up on the scale, but this is more important than what the scale says. If you're losing muscle mass, what good is the weight loss.

OP, if you aren't getting exercise daily and you are straying from your diet plan---now is the time to get back on track. The surgery isn't going to get you to onederland on its own. :)

Hello December folks. I wanted to post some facts and get feedback. I was sleeved on Dec. 20, 2018. I have lost 40 lbs to date. I am 5'4". To this date I struggle to get in 700 calories a day. Until last week I was only getting in 600. I also really have trouble getting my Water in. Does anyone count Decaf coffee into their fluid goals? I have tried not to break the golden rule of comparing myself to others, but....I don't think I am doing as well as others. Now granted I started at a lower BMI than some so they say I will lose slower but I have only lost about 2 sizes on the bottom and 1 size on the top. I am a pear shape and I still have sooooo much fat on my thighs and arms. I still don't understand why a person who is much bigger than me can lose quicker. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I am at a deficit in calories I should lose weight, period. I find myself staying up late just to try to get my calorie goal in. Maybe that is the problem, that I am eating late. I do not eat any carbs except those that come from vegetables and Protein Shakes. I still need to drink at least one Protein Shake a day to get my Protein in. I have not had any fruit or grains or cheated with any junk food since day 1. Tomorrow is 16 weeks and I have been at a stall since last week. I go up and down 1 pound between 164 and 165. I exercise a couple days a week with just cardio for now. I am thankful that I have the restriction that I have. It is really hard for me to eat 2 oz of any protein source. I still prefer softer foods like eggs, tuna, etc. Any comments at all are appreciated.

16 hours ago, Louise is gonna Lose said:

Hello December folks. I wanted to post some facts and get feedback. I was sleeved on Dec. 20, 2018. I have lost 40 lbs to date. I am 5'4". Tomorrow is 16 weeks and I have been at a stall since last week.

Me too! I've lost 35 pounds since surgery 12/11/18 and feel like it's slow, but I just saw my surgeon last week for a follow-up and she says I'm right where they want me to be. I get jealous sometimes watching the bigger people lose so much faster, but it is what it is. I'm eating around 850 calories/day easily. I'm also experiencing a stall now for two weeks and I read here yesterday where another December sleever was stalled now too, so it must be a normal thing for us around 16 weeks.

Hello December folks. I wanted to post some facts and get feedback. I was sleeved on Dec. 20, 2018. I have lost 40 lbs to date. I am 5'4". To this date I struggle to get in 700 calories a day. Until last week I was only getting in 600. I also really have trouble getting my Water in. Does anyone count Decaf coffee into their fluid goals? I have tried not to break the golden rule of comparing myself to others, but....I don't think I am doing as well as others. Now granted I started at a lower BMI than some so they say I will lose slower but I have only lost about 2 sizes on the bottom and 1 size on the top. I am a pear shape and I still have sooooo much fat on my thighs and arms. I still don't understand why a person who is much bigger than me can lose quicker. It just doesn't make sense to me. If I am at a deficit in calories I should lose weight, period. I find myself staying up late just to try to get my calorie goal in. Maybe that is the problem, that I am eating late. I do not eat any carbs except those that come from vegetables and Protein Shakes. I still need to drink at least one Protein Shake a day to get my Protein in. I have not had any fruit or grains or cheated with any junk food since day 1. Tomorrow is 16 weeks and I have been at a stall since last week. I go up and down 1 pound between 164 and 165. I exercise a couple days a week with just cardio for now. I am thankful that I have the restriction that I have. It is really hard for me to eat 2 oz of any protein source. I still prefer softer foods like eggs, tuna, etc. Any comments at all are appreciated.

Hi Louise!!
I want to 1st commend you for not cheating or wrong any sweets and carbs! WHEW!! I too have been going up and down between 1-3 lbs difference on the scale. I think taking measurements of inches would be good for you to take. I'm down from a 3x to a 2x loosely and down at least 4 pants sizes comfortably as well, let's both try to stay away from that STUPID SCALE![emoji3]And get back to focusing on what really is important, our overall health! We can start sharing recipes as well to give us all different ideas of fid we can try and enjoy without the guilt bc this is our lifelong goals, TO BE HEALTHIER! KEEP PUSHING DEAR!

Hey, December 2018 Sleevers - Check out New topic entitled, I didn't realize as I lost weight... It's hilarious! ;]

BTW, Healthy Life 2 - How exciting!!! You are three pounds away from your goal! Congratulations a head of time...

Something I didn't realize nor expect as I've lost weight is the opposite sex taking a second glance. Even my very handsome dentist was extremely complimentary of my appearance yesterday. It's nice when others are now looking at you positively and not at all the baggage once carried! One gentlemen at Earth Fare asked me out for drinks at the fresh nut bins. I wonder if hubby is becoming concerned? Haha.

A BIG smile at Ms.SSS comments!!! Oh boy - what's life come too when at bowel movement ROCKS our day! But it's true. Waking up in the morning... Could this be the day?

I've had to re-set my memory button for car seat and a lowered steering wheel. That gigantic tummy is just no longer in the way! Not to mention, I no longer roll out of the car BUT actually show some degree of poise exiting the sports car model. ;]

AND, who knew I'd ever touch the likes of swordfish, sea bass, cod or any other swimming creature for the matter! BUT you'd be proud... this solely rich meat (especially prime rib, NY strip, pork chop or pot roast... yeah baby!) and Potato girl said for lunch out yesterday, "I'll take the grilled shrimp over mixed spring greens, please". A totally new snap shot from past requests for a BLT or grilled roast beef sandwich. Just imagine I thought I was making really good strides toward healthy eating by asking for mayo on the side and multigrain bread.

At the doctor's office - the blood pressure cuff no longer feels like it is going to explode my arm off (ouch, that use to really hurt) and they could actually find my vein to draw blood. Getting up on that high examination table, no problem.

I actually wore a form fitting, clingy dress (a leopard print to boot)! VS. the old sack cloth like neutral, cotton or linen ho hum stand by's. My very cool jean jacket with said leopard dress - Now a size 10 not a 2X.

What a great topic. Just too many to mention... Fun!

On 4/11/2019 at 5:23 AM, TaeRenee said:

Hi Louise!!
I want to 1st commend you for not cheating or wrong any sweets and carbs! WHEW!! I too have been going up and down between 1-3 lbs difference on the scale. I think taking measurements of inches would be good for you to take. I'm down from a 3x to a 2x loosely and down at least 4 pants sizes comfortably as well, let's both try to stay away from that STUPID SCALE!And get back to focusing on what really is important, our overall health! We can start sharing recipes as well to give us all different ideas of fid we can try and enjoy without the guilt bc this is our lifelong goals, TO BE HEALTHIER! KEEP PUSHING DEAR!

Yes, that scale is evil for sure. I do take my measurements and have lost a lot in some areas and not so much in others. 4 pants sizes is incredible. Good for you. Are you buying new clothes yet? I haven't bought anything new because I have a whole closet full from the last time I was this size. I follow the Keto diet which was recommended from my surgeon but modified with more Protein. I do have some good recipes for that. But mind you Keto is high in fat so if you are doing a low fat diet it would probably not be for you.

Celebration time! Just got out of the 300's! Crazy! Started the process at 426, surgery at 400. Just weighed in at 296. (And by celebration I probably mean getting crazy and maybe hitting 1200 calories today) Hope all is going well with my fellow December Sleevers. Also, I've got a friend who is about to have the surgery in a couple of weeks so it has been great getting to pass on some info and help her.

2 minutes ago, Brenttx said:

Celebration time! Just got out of the 300's! Crazy! Started the process at 426, surgery at 400. Just weighed in at 296. (And by celebration I probably mean getting crazy and maybe hitting 1200 calories today) Hope all is going well with my fellow December Sleevers. Also, I've got a friend who is about to have the surgery in a couple of weeks so it has been great getting to pass on some info and help her.

Wow, congrats! You've lost over 100 pounds in 4 months? Wow! I'm so jealous! I've only lost 35. Hanging in there for the long-haul though.

@Brenttx, I am extremely proud of you in only a fellow Weight Loser can be! We all cheer for our Bari-pals when they do lose because We know where you once were,we can see the victories you've already gained, and we know there are even more ahead! You broke 300, my next goal is to break 200to

And at 232 it actually looks possible. Sorry this is in several pieces, my phone decided to send. Got new higher level android, would discontinue this one totally but fighting with Google to take my Gmail to new phones they seem t9 have a mental block, so I continue to operate this one off of WiFi so I can have Bariatric Pal . Everything else I do with new Pi- level Samsung. The phone # transferred there, but the Gmail didn't? Thought they were always linked- well I must be living in Electronic Stupidity because I don't get it.