Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Thanks guys for the all the good wishes. I had my 2 month follow up yesterday. Everything went well and my doctor is happy with how I am doing with the weight loss. He would like to seem me get to 12 months at 174 pounds (as would I). It's hard to imagine being that thin. I don't think I have weighted less than 180 since high school. Anyway, thanks guys and everyone keep up the good work!

On 2/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, Angel'sFaith said:

I feel nauseous now after my month out and didn't feel like it the first month. Arrrgghhh... hard to eat still not much taste good... when will it change... and sex drive totally gone... omg...

GRRRR, I need some lifting up y'all. I am at 8 weeks. I have lost 27.7 pounds from the day I started the pre-op diet which was two weeks and then I'm 8 weeks after surgery. I still can't get 64 oz of Water in. My average is between 40-50 oz. Part of it is once I started eating solid meat sources like chicken, I get so full after that i can't drink anything without it coming up for a couple hours after. I still am not at my Protein goal. Barely hitting 60 grams. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, cottage cheese or string cheese or tuna and nuts for lunch and then chicken, salmon or shrimp for dinner. I can only eat 1 oz of the meats before I am so full that I feel overstuffed. I have tried everything to get more protein in but I am just too full!!!!I am exercising for about 40 minutes 4-5 days a week. It's all I can tolerate with my fibromyalgia. I feel like I am wasting the gift of the sleeve with the restriction by not meeting my goals and I'm afraid that if it keeps going this way I will be a year or more out and not losing anything and then my appetite will come back. Then what. I know my BMI was not as high as some but I need to get 35 more lbs off. I lost a couple of inches on my body during the pre-op stage but nothing since the surgery. Feeling super bad about things.

Hey cut urself some slack! I am 8 weeks out and have taken to just doing shakes some days during the day to ensure I get all my Protein in - I think it’s a gradual process - I try to get as much of my liquid in before 5pm as I can and then take a pause and eat a little real food for dinner . I take a pause to digest and then do a big glass of Water with half a lemon squeezed in . My nut suggested that or cucumber water as a diuretic and it works like a charm - the lbs come off . She said that I can lose weight and then the fat cells fill with water - give it a try

Edited by Lolo 2020

I am 10 weeks out, liquid is hard for me at times too. I keep Water on my night stand. Wake up take a swig and keep sipping till I leave for work. Breakfast when I get to work....then liquids till snack or lunch. I work with a group of nurses who have me look for dehydration signs.... thirst, dry skin or dark pee. So even if I dont make all the liquid, I seem to be doing ok. I dont flay myself if I dont make it everyday. Protein, I try to get as much as I can with food. Eaten some weird stuff for breakfast lately....left over dinner? But it's getting me there. Also some protein water, which a little to sweet for me....but I dilute it down as I sip. Adding more water, which works both protein and water goals. Fluctuate your calorie intake...body gets used to same amount of calories everyday and scale won't move. A personnel trainer taught me that trick years ago. Really paid off this week for me. Down 37 lbs from 12/17/18 surgery. Just takes patience to get where were going.

I am very excited! Today marks 17 pounds away from onederland! I'll pick up 30 of my favorite garments taken in by seamstress tomorrow. It will feel like a new wardrobe! Now I'll have something to wear besides my tired and true sweats and T-shirts! Although I love those, too!

10 weeks out from surgery adjusting well to food intake, Vitamins, Water - but the high Protein is beginning to cause inflammation in my joints with a history of lupus SLE. Previously protein was only ¼ of my diet with little dairy, thus years of a wonderful remission. I will need to tweak protein sources without the daily intakes of 1% milk, low fat cheese, whey Protein Shakes and lean animal/bird meats (easier and convienent) which all translate into inflammatories for my body.

All is good though. Remaining patient with the natural ebbs and flows of the process to reach a healthy weight! ;]

Hi Louise, from my vantage point you're doing great and the best you can. Your success is simply not measured by the scale alone. Your down 28 pounds! AND you are exercising regularly! That speaks volumes. Just keep working the plan as your body continues to adjust to a major surgery + major chemical changes. Be kind to yourself - as the pressure and stress will be counter-productive to your goals. You WILL get those pesky 35 pounds off before you know it! You are breaking thru new body weight set points... And, as I understand the dynamics the closer you get to your goal the more the body wants to resist.

And, like your name implies - Louise is gonna lose. Hang in there. Congratulate yourself today. ;]

Today in 8weeks out from surgery and down 39 pounds. I was stalled for weeks 5,6, and 7. Then this week I lost 7 pounds. I was struggling to get even 30oz of Water. I had to change my routine this week was the first week I was able to get in my 64oz but it made all the difference.

1 hour ago, ColeSimone said:

Today in 8weeks out from surgery and down 39 pounds. I was stalled for weeks 5,6, and 7. Then this week I lost 7 pounds. I was struggling to get even 30oz of Water. I had to change my routine this week was the first week I was able to get in my 64oz but it made all the difference.

Congrats to you!

Time to celebrate! Well, not too hard. Maybe a small celebration meal! I just passed to 100 pound weight loss mark today!

BRENT from the great state of Texas... Whahoooo! Many Congratulations! Let's shoot out the lights tonight!

Maybe Celebrate with a fabulous Texan steak and baked potato? At least, a few bites!?

So HAPPY for you. Keep up the awesome work. Wow.

Doing a bit better with Water intake. Was only getting 8oz a day now up to 12oz and other drinks like tea

The 28th will be my 2 months out and since the week before surgery I'm down 45 pounds today.

Still having issues with my blood pressure at times hoping it changes soon..

I'm up from 380 calories to 480.. finally got 700 calorie day in with lots of Protein

NuMe2 you are so rigtht about varying calories to break stalls! I too was at a stall for many weeks but when I eat a little more and bring my calorie count up I seem to lose weight! For instance - yesterday my daughter brought home for pizza for dinner and even though I know it's a big "no, no" per carbs, sodium processing and such I went ahead and indulged in a slice and it upped my daily calorie count to 1120. I woke up this morning with a loss! I always make sure I get the minimum of 64 oz especially since I had a Shoulder Surgery this month on Feb 12th and am on pain pills as I got to make sure I don't bind up because well many of you know that although Milk of Magnesium does a great job of breaking the dam open withing a matter of hours it is still very messy. So I noticed that if I dip my calories up once in awhile it makes a difference. I vary between 800 to 1200 daily. I always, always make sure I get my minimum Protein of 70 grams and am taking all of my Vitamin and supplements daily. I use Bariatric Advantage HP Meal Replacement , Premier Protein shakes and sometimes GENEPRO Protein Powder in yogurt to meet these needs. I worry about getting all the supplements and especially since having 2 surgeries in 3 months and worried about Hair loss. I have also noticed that my skin is super super dry but and I am still trying to figure our that battle! If I don't feel like cooking and want something fast have been buying the Smartmade frozen dinners from Walmart such as turkey, and roasted vegetables as this is low carb and high protein, RealGood also makes a chicken crusted pizza that is also low carb high protein. I also like the Lean Cuisine herb roasted chicken but this one only has 16 protein where the others are higher carb. So these types of things help me out a bunch and in a pinch. I also still eat a lot of Beans, LOL! (need that fiber). Some days I can eat more then others and other days I just can't put much in and it is so weird how it all works like that. Just this morning upon waking it was a little more difficult swallowing Water then most. I think this surgery just put's you on a see-saw like that and after reading so many post in this forum I am comforted by the fact that it is not unusual and so I do not stress it anymore. I have yet to throw anything up but have eaten too fast, too much and had the sweats, chest pains and miserable feeling of needing to. Like many some days I question whether my stomach was really resized and then others I definitely know there is a restriction. I still fight head hunger and bad habits but have made great improvement here. I have been to a restaurant and ordered a full meal and then find that I barely make a dent in it too the point the waitress asked me if there was something wrong with my food, LOL and felt like "wow that was a waste of money - what am I doing!" I am so looking forward to the day of eating Salads and raw vegetables which for me is not until 6 months post op per doctors orders! So because of 2nd surgery and having my arm in a sling it has slowed me way down in exercising. I am doing my best to try and walk 30 minutes daily but when I have a bunch of doctor appointments in a day and everything takes me forever to do it falls by the wayside. :( I like most worry about loose skin and wish I could start some weight training but all of that is on hold for now. Once my energy levels get back up I need to figure out how to work strength training in. I just know that it will make all the world of difference. I am so grateful for this forum and you guys sharing your stories and struggles as this has helped me so much! Well guys that is my journey thus far from having a hiatal hernia repair and gastric sleeve surgery December 26, 2018. Shoulder surgery February 12, 2019 to repair a rotator cuff, SLAP and Labral tear.

I have hit the wall....stalled for the second week. but I have been slipping a bit. back on track today after weighing in today and showing only a loss of 1lb for the past two weeks. going to get back of diet COKE! I was so excited when it did not blow up my tummy but NO MORE