Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

I use the fitbit log to track my food so everything is in one place for me.

I seriously need help I how to use the my fitness pal app. I feel like a dinosaur, but it’s Ike “for real”???
And I’m so intensely jealous of everyone’s energy. Mine is ZERO! Dr assured me with the Vitamins I added yesterday it will come quickly. Hope!

I had surgery 12/18/18. It hasn’t been a piece of cake but it’s gone pretty well I think. I didn’t have any anesthesia issues. So far no nausea no vomit 🤮. Knocking on wood. ❤️❤️ I am still mostly liquids. Or purée in limited quantities of course. I still struggle daily with getting in all my Water and Protein. But so happy the surgery and the waiting is over. ❤️. Happy to be part of the December sleevers!

Sounds as though you are blessed with one of the smooth recoveries. May each month give you your Weight losses, be proud of yourself, you are doing and doing it well. Congratulations!

9 hours ago, chris_marie said:

I had surgery 12/18/18. It hasn’t been a piece of cake but it’s gone pretty well I think. I didn’t have any anesthesia issues. So far no nausea no vomit 🤮. Knocking on wood. ❤️❤️ I am still mostly liquids. Or purée in limited quantities of course. I still struggle daily with getting in all my Water and Protein. But so happy the surgery and the waiting is over. ❤️. Happy to be part of the December sleevers!

Hi chris_marie! I was sleeved 12/17/18. I’m on some puréed but mostly soft foods. I started soft foods this week. I went to my first post op support group and it helped a lot. I too had a problem with getting all my Water and Protein. I was told to set my cell phone or Fitbit for every 8 minutes and take a sip. So o tried it last night and it works! Our nutritionist said to keep sipping from when you wake up until you go to bed other than when you are eating. Hope that helps. Good luck to you.

17 hours ago, Ms. Stacy said:

Hello Everyone! Does anyone use an app to track what you eat and drink? If so, which one? I was sleeved on 12/17/18 and I’m only down 18lbs.

I use MyFitnessPal.com

17 hours ago, Brenttx said:

Baritastic. Great app. It was recommended to me when I got sleeved almost a month ago. I track Water, food, exercise, and weight loss. It breaks down the food for you as far as Protein, carbs, and fat and you can scan in the upc codes and it has yet to recognize one for me so far. You can also say it or look it up. Highly recommend it.

Thanks! I downloaded the Baritastic app and I like it.

I buy the pure Protein pre made drinks at at Trader Joe’s . 35g of protein protein for only 160 calories and almost no carbs and 1 g of sugar . I do one drink in the am mixed with my Decaf hazelnut coffee and it just like a latte ! I heat up drink for 50 seconds , then add fresh brewed coffee . I do the second drink in the afternoon or after workout . I also bought the pure Protein Powder mix in chocolate and blend a scoop with unsweetened chocolate almond milk(almond breeze ). Add half of a frozen banana (slice up then freeze in baggies) and a little bit of that Peanut Butter protein powder- delicious ! Like a chocolate peanut butter milkshake ! That takes care of 70 G protein, plus I also have some Isopure tropical punch powder that I sometimes use for another 20g of a light fruity drink. Makes a huge difference getting all this protein
Thank you. I need to force it in..my hair is shedding bad. My only protein source is through food. Its beyond hard for me to swallow. Can't stand taste

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

If hair falls in the beginning it’s from malnutrition.My Dr said it’s better to lose some Months in everyone will ,some more than others .Mine didn’t fall out until 5 Months and it was only for 3 weeks.

Yesterday was my one monthiversary. I was down 26 pounds at surgery and have lost 42 in the first month since! Unbelievable! 68 total pounds and that's through the Holidays! Just had to share and hope all of my fellow December sleevers are doing great in recovery and in the beginning of their new journey.

I will be 5 weeks out from surgery this upcoming Tuesday (1/15). I still can’t get 64 oz of Water or liquids in but I am close. My recent issues are that I can not stand the taste of any of the Protein Drinks they all are too sweet. This is a new issue it was never the case before. I am counting my macros in an app and I average 600-700 calories a day and between 40-65 grams of Protein a day. I am never hungry and have to make my self eat. I am down 35 lbs since my surgery. I never have headaches but the last 3 days I have woken up with one. Urine is clear and I have tons of energy. I wonder if I should make myself eat more throughout day.

I will be 5 weeks out from surgery this upcoming Tuesday (1/15). I still can’t get 64 oz of Water or liquids in but I am close. My recent issues are that I can not stand the taste of any of the Protein Drinks they all are too sweet. This is a new issue it was never the case before. I am counting my macros in an app and I average 600-700 calories a day and between 40-65 grams of Protein a day. I am never hungry and have to make my self eat. I am down 35 lbs since my surgery. I never have headaches but the last 3 days I have woken up with one. Urine is clear and I have tons of energy. I wonder if I should make myself eat more throughout day.
Hi Jelena congrats on your weight-loss journey thus far! I am 3 weeks and 3 days from my surgery. I had that issue as well with my Protein Shakes being too sweet and I diluted them with water[emoji6], what a big difference it is. Plus you can get a little more Water down too. I am usually hungry as normal, but when I try to figure out what I want to eat and finally sit down to eat I can barely eat it. I just picked up me some no sugar no calorie lemonade made by Country Time to help me get down more water. I did notice that cold liquids aren't really the BEST and I am satisfied with room temp water. I generally put my foods in an app as well and I am trying to gather now what can get me more calories because I am tired more from the change of work school and internship schedule as of this past Monday! So we will get there. Try writing the things you need to do and see if that works for you.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app