Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Wow johnathan , that sounds great ! I will try it because I am failing miserably in the purée stage . chicken salad didn’t work. Crab salad tasted gross . Turkey Chili didn’t work . I am living off my Protein Drinks and plain yogurt right now . Am going to try a scrambled egg tomorrow . I can get down a wedge of laughing cow light cheese so that helps in a pinch

18 hours ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Wow johnathan , that sounds great ! I will try it because I am failing miserably in the purée stage . chicken salad didn’t work. Crab salad tasted gross . Turkey Chili didn’t work . I am living off my Protein Drinks and plain yogurt right now . Am going to try a scrambled egg tomorrow . I can get down a wedge of laughing cow light cheese so that helps in a pinch

I guess everyone is different. I haven't really had any issues with any food in particular. My problem is that even though I am trying to eat slowly, I am still outpacing my sleeve. I end up taking that one extra bite and a minute later I am f--ked!!! The pain hits right in the chest and then I am getting the foamies and feel like throwing up. It can be so bad that I actually try to make myself throw up thinking that will help me feel better, but nothing comes up--just saliva. It's gross!!!! I am also getting these weird tasting burbs and I have had a sore throat for the past two weeks that just won't go away. I think it might be because I am in ketosis, but sore throats aren't usually one of the symptoms. Now I am wondering if the sore throat is GERD? I have been taking my pepcid twice a day and have even starting taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (with 8 ounces of water), but the sore throat is still there.

Anyone else have a chronic sore throat?

The sore throats could be from GERD that’s a common symptom of Reflux. I feel conflicted about the Apple cider vinegar it is so acidic not sure that is a good idea. I would cut back on what you are eating and really try hard not to take that last bite that puts you over the edge. I would follow up with your surgeon if you keep experiencing this maybe you have a stricture.

Steve that is definitely GERD . I had a hiatal Hernia fix but still take lansaprozole. Start on it over the counter , it will help tremendously . I have only had one really bad experience with foam and salivia and incredibly painful chest pain but it sure scared me . I keep to 2 oz a serving . Full stop . That is why the sleeve is there .if I want more 30min later I go for it , but generally I don’t . And then I wake up the next day lighter !💪😀

11 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Steve that is definitely GERD . I had a hiatal Hernia fix but still take lansaprozole. Start on it over the counter , it will help tremendously . I have only had one really bad experience with foam and salivia and incredibly painful chest pain but it sure scared me . I keep to 2 oz a serving . Full stop . That is why the sleeve is there .if I want more 30min later I go for it , but generally I don’t . And then I wake up the next day lighter !💪😀

I called my doctor's office and they told me to start taking protonix and skip the pepcid. I am seeing him for a follow up next Wednesday, I'll know more then. I hope I don't need another endoscopy.

10 hours ago, SteveT74 said:

I guess everyone is different. I haven't really had any issues with any food in particular. My problem is that even though I am trying to eat slowly, I am still outpacing my sleeve. I end up taking that one extra bite and a minute later I am f--ked!!! The pain hits right in the chest and then I am getting the foamies and feel like throwing up. It can be so bad that I actually try to make myself throw up thinking that will help me feel better, but nothing comes up--just saliva. It's gross!!!! I am also getting these weird tasting burbs and I have had a sore throat for the past two weeks that just won't go away. I think it might be because I am in ketosis, but sore throats aren't usually one of the symptoms. Now I am wondering if the sore throat is GERD? I have been taking my pepcid twice a day and have even starting taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (with 8 ounces of water), but the sore throat is still there.

Anyone else have a chronic sore throat?

The vinegar can actually make that sore throat worse would advise against it for now and try reducing fat content from your food although by the sound of your meals its fairly low as it is... The bad taste u describe does sound very much like reflux and a sore throat would go hand in hand with it. Are you taking a proton pump inhibitor like lansoprazole?

I’m also struggling with the soft food stage. I can only take two bites of anything after three bites I have severe chest pain and then I have forced myself to throw up. It’s the only way I feel better. I realize I can’t do 4 oz of food maybe just 2oz at a time.

Hi. So I was told that when I feel like food is stuck, to take a walk. It helps. And really don't drink anything for 30 minutes after eating because that will make it feel worse not better. Hope that helps.

Yup I had to walk for an hour 15 after 2 bites of chicken salad

Hello Everyone! Does anyone use an app to track what you eat and drink? If so, which one? I was sleeved on 12/17/18 and I’m only down 18lbs.

Hello Everyone! Does anyone use an app to track what you eat and drink? If so, which one? I was sleeved on 12/17/18 and I’m only down 18lbs.
Baritastic app...I don't track my food on it but it has good recipes and other things on it. I've never been one to track my food. In tracking my weight loss on it. Maybe try that one??

Jeannine [emoji8]

7 minutes ago, Ms. Stacy said:

I use MyFitnessPal. I was sleeved on Dec. 20th. I lost 10 pounds on the 2 week pre-op diet and only 9.6 pounds since surgery. I think your 18 lbs is fantastic. I don't know why I am losing so much slower than the rest of the folks here. I think it because I rarely get in 600 calories per day and not nearly enough Protein. I try each day but I can only eat what I can eat you know?

I use MyFitnessPal. I was sleeved on Dec. 20th. I lost 10 pounds on the 2 week pre-op diet and only 9.6 pounds since surgery. I think your 18 lbs is fantastic. I don't know why I am losing so much slower than the rest of the folks here. I think it because I rarely get in 600 calories per day and not nearly enough Protein. I try each day but I can only eat what I can eat you know?

My nutritionist said to be drinking lots of Water. I wasnt getting the Protein though. She said that the more water the better cause it flushes the fat out. I'm not getting the 64oz of water but I'm close.

Jeannine [emoji8]

Just now, Jean9 said:

My nutritionist said to be drinking lots of Water. I wasnt getting the Protein though. She said that the more Water the better cause it flushes the fat out. I'm not getting the 64oz of water but I'm close.

Jeannine

This water is real problem for me. When I'm not drinking a Protein Shake, I'm eating and trying to up my calories and it leaves very little time to drink all the water. It still makes me a little nauseous and I have tried adding all kinds of things to make it more appealing.

Baritastic. Great app. It was recommended to me when I got sleeved almost a month ago. I track Water, food, exercise, and weight loss. It breaks down the food for you as far as Protein, carbs, and fat and you can scan in the upc codes and it has yet to recognize one for me so far. You can also say it or look it up. Highly recommend it.