Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Wow, I was sleeved 12/20 and had full energy within 5 says , I am drinking almost 70g of Protein though and probably eating another 10g. Try upping ur protein . I’ve been walking 5 miles a day and did my first spin class today !
Wow. Your getting in alot of protein...may you share how you manage so much in a day. After surgery my tastebuds have changed most brands make me sick, I cant stand the flavor and my belly doesnt hold much food..so protein by way of food is hard. What is your secret [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I buy the pure Protein pre made drinks at at Trader Joe’s . 35g of protein protein for only 160 calories and almost no carbs and 1 g of sugar . I do one drink in the am mixed with my Decaf hazelnut coffee and it just like a latte ! I heat up drink for 50 seconds , then add fresh brewed coffee . I do the second drink in the afternoon or after workout . I also bought the pure Protein Powder mix in chocolate and blend a scoop with unsweetened chocolate almond milk(almond breeze ). Add half of a frozen banana (slice up then freeze in baggies) and a little bit of that Peanut Butter protein powder- delicious ! Like a chocolate peanut butter milkshake ! That takes care of 70 G protein, plus I also have some Isopure tropical punch powder that I sometimes use for another 20g of a light fruity drink. Makes a huge difference getting all this protein

Edited by Lolo 2020

I had been stallin too for last week or so and now over night ive lost nearly 3pounds ha bodies make no sense im happy though :)

Yes it doesn't make sense, but your body can't read, how does it know what might be expected of it. Just Celebrate the loss and have a lovely day!

So glad I've been reading the forums because I weighed today at 4 weeks post-op and haven't lost a pound since last week and thankfully I have read that several of you have stalled weight loss between liquids to soft foods to regular food, so I know it's nothing to worry about and that it doesn't mean my surgery didn't work. I'll admit it's disappointing, but it's okay because the weight will fall off in future weeks and I've already lost 15 pounds and 15 inches in just 3 weeks, so it's all good. I hope to lose 60 pounds in 2019.

It definitely seems to be 2 steps forward and one step back . Doc says only weigh once a week but guess I like torturing myself ! Seems like I lose a pound or pound and a half, do nothing different and then it comes back on and then it drops again. . So weird , but general trend is downward which is better than the alternative

Down 23 and 47 more to go in 2019!

Yeah, I'm in a stall myself at the moment. I admit to torturing myself by visiting the scale every morning. But, I log all my food, I'm exercising every day, and following all the directions I've been given. I'm sure one of these days, I'll get a nice surprise when I get on the scale. But 12 lbs in three weeks was good. Four weeks on Wednesday and no regrets!

I had my operation on 12/17 and stalled this past week where I would lose a pound one day, then gain a half pound the next etc. I got on the scale yesterday and it dropped 2 pounds and today I lost another 1.5 pounds. Go figure??? Weight loss has never been linear for anyone (neither has weight gain). It's all about trends and, for once, it's finally "trending" in the right direction.

Today is my first day back to work since the surgery and it's been very strange. It seems like everyone in my office knows, but they have been very supportive (at least as far as I can tell). Still, I am suffering from a little brain fog that I didn't notice since my brain power wasn't an issue when I wasn't in the office. It was nice being home and being able to focus 100% on recovery. Now, I am back in the real world and it's not all about me and my weight loss efforts anymore. Anyone else struggling to adjust to getting back to work and the "real world"?

On 1/6/2019 at 6:33 AM, Lolo 2020 said:

Wow Steve u r doing great ! I can easily drink Water as well and am doing purée and soft but still being careful . I can get a small container of plain yogurt down at one sitting but it takes a while . I have heard the sleeve doesn’t really kick with a lot of restriction till solid food so I wouldn’t worry , that said I would keep calories below 800 and Ike u r doing , carbs below 50. I am headed to my 3 rd spin class this week and feel great as well ! Just dont want to end up with a hernia, so waiting on weights . My spinning broke my 3 day stall , but I agree , I think as long as we track the carbs and sugar , try to stay in Kerosis we can lose 1 lbs day or so. I have lost 15 since my 12/20 surgery and. 22 since the start of my preop diet . Feeling strong I agree , best thing I ever did !

Lolo, I think you and I are of like minds. I won't touch any weights, but I will push myself with cardio. That said, I won't run or jog on the treadmill--nothing high impact. I will walk at up to 4mph at up to a 5 degree incline on the treadmill and I will bust my ass on the elliptical and in spin class. I also started using the rowing machine, so I can at least get some upper body muscles involved (although I keep the resistance down). I am seeing my doc on 1/18 for my one month follow up and I am hoping to get cleared for weights at that visit. An Orange Theory is opening up in my neighborhood at the end of January and I am really interested in giving that a shot. Looks like a great workout!!

Steve just started 10 lb weights today and it felt fine , plus started doing planks again . Feeling completely normal . Am getting back in the horses again this weekend, enough is enough !😁

Ive been slacking in the Cardio and then this weekend i really struggled with my protien ive drank my protien and in the puree stage and still trying to find my go too meal i did tuna, avacado,and Hummus today which sat well 4oz can 24g of protien 4g of avacado 2tbsp of hummus which was 2g of Protein. And had less then a qtr of it for dinner. I had my date on 12/18 started at 438 and at surgery i was 396 this morning 358 so down 38 pounds but still at home adjusting to the transition any suggestions for some hearty puree high in protien. Im walking tonight. Thanks family

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

16 hours ago, Johnathon said:

Ive been slacking in the Cardio and then this weekend i really struggled with my protien ive drank my protien and in the puree stage and still trying to find my go too meal i did tuna, avacado,and Hummus today which sat well 4oz can 24g of protien 4g of avacado 2tbsp of hummus which was 2g of Protein. And had less then a qtr of it for dinner. I had my date on 12/18 started at 438 and at surgery i was 396 this morning 358 so down 38 pounds but still at home adjusting to the transition any suggestions for some hearty puree high in protien. Im walking tonight. Thanks family

I discovered lump crab meat is virtually pure protein--no fat or carbs. One ounce of lump crab meat has 23 calories, 0g of fat, 0g of carbs and 5.5g of Protein. I am talking about real lump crab meat, not the imitation stuff that is loaded with sugar. You can get it at costco, Trader Joe's and some supermarkets. I will have it with some wasabi sauce (20 calories a tablespoon). I have also turned it into crab salad with a little low fat mayo, onion, pepper and lemon juice etc. I have also made crab cakes (omitting the bread crumbs of course).

I am allowed white flaky fish in my soft/puree stage. So, I have also been making Tilapia stuffed with lump crap, rigotta cheese (part skim), spinach, onion and garlic. I preheat my oven to 400 degrees. I then chop the spinach, onion and garlic finely, then saute it in a little (1.5 tablespoons?) of extra virgin olive oil with a little salt, pepper and lemon juice. I then put half a cup of rigotta cheese in a bowl and add 3-4 ounces of lump crab meat. I then put the sauteed spinach, onion and garlic into the bowl and mix it through thoroughly. I then take 4-5 tilapia loins that I buy from the frozen section of Costco and slice them down the side to create a pocket and then stuff the tilapia with the stuffing. I then place the fish in a pyrex dish (which I first spray with PAM). I put another ounce or so of lump crab on top of the tilapia. I then sprinkle some lemon juice, salt (sea salt--not processed crap) and pepper over the fish. I then put one or two tablespoons of Benecal light (50 calories a table spoon on top of the tilapia), then I put the dish in the oven for 25-30 minutes (you know its done when the fish is flaky and the edges are a little brown.

At this point, I can eat a 4-5 ounce serving, but my wife and kids love it too so this is dinner for the whole family. :)

I discovered lump crab meat is virtually pure protein--no fat or carbs. One ounce of lump crab meat has 23 calories, 0g of fat, 0g of carbs and 5.5g of Protein. I am talking about real lump crab meat, not the imitation stuff that is loaded with sugar. You can get it at costco, Trader Joe's and some supermarkets. I will have it with some wasabi sauce (20 calories a tablespoon). I have also turned it into crab salad with a little low fat mayo, onion, pepper and lemon juice etc. I have also made crab cakes (omitting the bread crumbs of course).
I am allowed white flaky fish in my soft/puree stage. So, I have also been making Tilapia stuffed with lump crap, rigotta cheese (part skim), spinach, onion and garlic. I preheat my oven to 400 degrees. I then chop the spinach, onion and garlic finely, then saute it in a little (1.5 tablespoons?) of extra virgin olive oil with a little salt, pepper and lemon juice. I then put half a cup of rigotta cheese in a bowl and add 3-4 ounces of lump crab meat. I then put the sauteed spinach, onion and garlic into the bowl and mix it through thoroughly. I then take 4-5 tilapia loins that I buy from the frozen section of costco and slice them down the side to create a pocket and then stuff the tilapia with the stuffing. I then place the fish in a pyrex dish (which I first spray with PAM). I put another ounce or so of lump crab on top of the tilapia. I then sprinkle some lemon juice, salt (sea salt--not processed crap) and pepper over the fish. I then put one or two tablespoons of Benecal light (50 calories a table spoon on top of the tilapia), then I put the dish in the oven for 25-30 minutes (you know its done when the fish is flaky and the edges are a little brown.
At this point, I can eat a 4-5 ounce serving, but my wife and kids love it too so this is dinner for the whole family.
Looks like im gonna be making this very soon thanks brotha appreciate it.