Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

8 minutes ago, MrClasik said:

I’m 19 days post op and hit 30lbs down this morning. Getting a lil spring in my step!! Loving the results so far. Have a great weekend all!!

Congratulations! Way to go!

14 hours ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Omg I was told no crackers!

2 hours ago, Lolo 2020 said:

I had surgery the 20 th, doc said also dont step on scale for the first week because they filled me with IV fluids and still really bloated . But I walked as much as I could religiously and by the time I got on the scale (6 days after surgery ) I was down 4 lbs . I am post op day 9 and down 12lbs . Pretty steady 2 lbs loss a day but I am being letter perfect . 3 Protein drinks a day , and a little plain yogurt /cottage cheese mixture . Just added in a Protein Soup and sugar free popsicle . Walking 10k steps , or around 4.5 miles . Getting 64 oz of Water . Will do this till next Thursday purée stage, but will keep calories under 800 and protein 60-100g. Seems to work

Amazing! 4.5 miles! Unbelievable! You are a Rock Star! Keep up the great work!

Amazing ! Congrats !

Batty, to put things in perspective, people are 90% Water, so we all are cucumbers with anxiety. Smile and let's agree not to sweat the small stuff÷

The was me. The gave me tuna salad in the hospital after I passed my radiology test. I am on soft and purees for a month. I did have a strict 14 day pre-op liquid diet.

Anyway, here is my updated:. I am a 5'9", 44 year old man. I was diagnosed with T2DM I February 2018. I also had high blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides. I am also one of those people that never thought of myself as being fat. I had reverse body dysmorphic disorder. I was in good shape most of my life but slowly gained weight in my 30s (when I got married).

My highest weight (recorded) was 256.5 on April 9, 2018 at my first bariatric consultation (it was probably higher but I was afraid to go on the scale). I lost 15 pounds during my 6 month medically supervised diet. I was 243 when I started the 2 week pre-op liquid diet on December 3. On December 17 (surgery day). I weighed in at 231. Post surgery I got lost weight really fast for the first week, but I have been stuck at 222 for the past week. I am getting in all my Protein, 100 ounces of fluids a day and I am logging every bite of food in the My Fitness Pal app (Garmin).

This stall is really pissing me off!!!! I know it's normal and to be expected, but f-ck it sucks. I was cleared to return to the gym at my one week follow up for cardio only (walking on the treadmill, elliptical and spin classes (taking it slowly)). I wonder if that's contributing to the stall??????

Anyway, none scale victories. My natural waist size (measured just below the belly button) was 48.4 on December 3. It was a 47 on the day of surgery and today it's 43.75". Blood sugars are much better too. :). I just wish that first week where I was losing a pound a day continued a little longer.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by SteveT74

On 12/30/2018 at 11:17, drop the beat said:

Hey..surgery twin...I got mine dec 10th 2018 as well. How are you. [emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

What’s good Drop The Beat!!! Lol fitting being, I’m a DJ. I’m doing great!! Getting these lbs off!! How’s it goin with you??

On 12/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, kjuno said:

My surgery was the 11th. I lost 18 lbs the first week the nothing since then. ☹️

I lost 9 pounds the first week post-op, now stuck zzt the same weight for a week give or take a pound. It's annoying, but it's a long journey.

Hey Steve , I am ur same height and entered the hospita at 231 for my Dec 20 surgery . Lost 2 lbs a day s steadily but also just hit 219 yesterday and the needle didn’t budge today . I am walking 10k steps a day (4.5mikes) and was an avid spinner but everything I’ve been told says intense exercise will increase hunger so moderate walking is best to Light the metabolic fire . My friend did this last year and said u lose quickly for a week or so , then a stall , then a quick loss again, she lost about 30 in a month . Then it really slowed down , to like 10-15 a month . So it’s pretty normal I think ..

Edited by Lolo 2020

3 hours ago, SteveT74 said:

The was me. The gave me tuna salad in the hospital after I passed my radiology test. I am on soft and purees for a month. I did have a strict 14 day pre-op liquid diet.

Anyway, here is my updated:. I am a 5'9", 44 year old man. I was diagnosed with T2DM I February 2018. I also had high blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides. I am also one of those people that never thought of myself as being fat. I had reverse body dysmorphic disorder. emoji4.png I was in good shape most of my life but slowly gained weight in my 30s (when I got married).

My highest weight (recorded) was 256.5 on April 9, 2018 at my first bariatric consultation (it was probably higher but I was afraid to go on the scale). I lost 15 pounds during my 6 month medically supervised diet. I was 243 when I started the 2 week pre-op liquid diet on December 3. On December 17 (surgery day). I weighed in at 231. Post surgery I got lost weight really fast for the first week, but I have been stuck at 222 for the past week. I am getting in all my Protein, 100 ounces of fluids a day and I am logging every bite of food in the My Fitness Pal app (Garmin).

This stall is really pissing me off!!!! I know it's normal and to be expected, but f-ck it sucks. I was cleared to return to the gym at my one week follow up for cardio only (walking on the treadmill, elliptical and spin classes (taking it slowly)). I wonder if that's contributing to the stall??????

Anyway, none scale victories. My natural waist size (measured just below the belly button) was 48.4 on December 3. It was a 47 on the day of surgery and today it's 43.75". Blood sugars are much better too. :). I just wish that first week where I was losing a pound a day continued a little longer.

Glad i'm not the only one dealing with a stall.. I lost a good bit the first 2 weeks, and then hit a wall for 2 weeks, and only lost 3# in 2 weeks, and then yesterday I lost 4# overnight.

Wow ! Hoping for that ! So it seems like it isn’t a steady downward draft

We are jalopies instead of a race car on the Bonneville Salt Flats. We go chugging along, have a temporary misfite, that's your stall, start up again, chug chug, and there we go again over and over until we reach our goal and the finish line. But our engine keeps on when the fancy car has burned itself out and have to be scrapped. So be a jalopy🚘cause it's a good thing to be!

Even if you're having a stall, you could be losing inches! :)

Even if you're having a stall, you could be losing inches! [emoji4]
I gained a quarter inch on my waist in one day, but I think it's gas and bloating. I have been taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before every meal (in 8 ounces of water) and it seems to be helping. I had my first movement in 2 days that didn't feel like I was passing Haley's Comet! Didn't change my weight on the scale though.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:40 PM, Lolo 2020 said:

Omg I was told no crackers!

To replace crackers try

They come in Cheddar cheese and Parm cheese as well. they are very low carb and packed with Protein.

Edited by Newyearnewme2019