Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

I’m so busy with work and life , thebshakes are easy . It’s nice to have some sort of nice meal like thing . As long as I am not hungry I am good!

57 minutes ago, ColeSimone said:

My plan is one week liquid, one week puréed, and one week soft foods and fourth week regular foods

Follow the Dieticians recommendations trust me on this .As far as the Drinking 30 minutes after Meals very easy and you will get accustomed to it

1 hour ago, Lolo 2020 said:

I’m at about the same place . 6 days post op , but I thought we had to wait 2 weeks before purée ?

40 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

I am probably going to do shakes all day , then do a dinner at night . The whole no drink within 30 min of eating thing is confusing so figure I’ll just do it at night ! LOL

thats basically what I was doing with my pre op diet and it seemed to work

I had scrambled eggs 10 Days out only a half a teaspoon lol

2 hours ago, Brenttx said:

I started with 1 and am now up to 1.5. I'm doing poached eggs and they work great for me. My wife bought a little thing to make them otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue. They are my go to food right now otherwise it's still broth and Protein Shakes for the most part.

I’m 8 Months out eat cheese, Beef Jerky , eggs , Premier drinks my staples

8 hours ago, Van C. said:

Surgery date 12/17. Day 3 - serious headache!! Hurt worse than my belly. On that day I was able to get more fluids down and more Protein, helped tremendously. Headache much better the next day too and then gone. It kinda felt like a caffeine withdrawal headache.

I was allowed Decaf coffee and Tea

I went in for my two weeks post op today and have lost 15lbs since surgery Dec 12th. Moving onto purées and I’m also hitting the road today (traveling musician). I have Soups I plan to purée, and some canned chicken to do the same. Low fat mayo, hot sauce etc. I also made a small batch of egg salad that I can keep cool in the cooler. I have these little 2oz plastic cups with lids that I plan to fill ahead of meals so I know what my portion should be. I guess it should be one or two of these right? On purées is 2-4 ounces per meal what you guys are doing? How many times a day for y’all?

I had surgery the 20 th - the 27 th I get 2oz Protein 3 x a day - plus 2 shakes . This chart helps

F08B2E77-2AB7-402F-B900-AE420FB2840F.jpeg

Out of curiosity does anyone have follow ups w dieticians post op? I had one class before and 2 after that are mandatory and it sounds like mine is one of the more strict ones. An example is I’m not allowed to have scrambled eggs until one month post op! I’m 16 days post op and really want some.

I am one week post op and had a call with the nutritionist yesterday , am scheduling a chat with her monthly. I am ok with eggs starting the purée phase which is 2 weeks post surgery

3 hours ago, kjuno said:

Out of curiosity does anyone have follow ups w dieticians post op? I had one class before and 2 after that are mandatory and it sounds like mine is one of the more strict ones. An example is I’m not allowed to have scrambled eggs until one month post op! I’m 16 days post op and really want some.

I’m 8 Months out I had eggs my 10th Day out. My PA had the Surgery with my Dr so she said she had them . So yes I ate them also .

I have just tried puréed egg salad but it’s definitely allowed on the puréed stage as far as my docs guidelines.

9 hours ago, kjuno said:

1 boiled egg was added to my food list after 2 weeks post op. I can have one with 1 tbsp. of a condiment like lowfat mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc mixed in it. nut said egg is too dry in tummy so add something to it.