Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Hi I had mine on 12/10 and my birthday is also next week ❤️❤️

On 10/1/2018 at 8:04 PM, batty_vsg said:

Hello everyone!

I was approved a few days ago (after only waiting a week) and received my surgery date for December 12, 2018! I chose this date out of the few offered to me because I am currently in college and I will be able to finish up my classes prior to the surgery (which was a huge worry of mine.) It's about two weeks before my birthday too!

Anyone else scheduled out in December?

How is it going? I am also doing mine on the break between semester's. My surgery is the 27th.

56 minutes ago, Wombatpringle said:

How is it going? I am also doing mine on the break between semester's. My surgery is the 27th.

Hey Wombat,

While it was crazy trying to get everything done prior to surgery, the relief that I had post-op was definitely all worth it. Instead of having to focus on school, I could focus on myself and just getting better. I also don't feel cognitively 100% and that simply could be because I'm not getting a huge amount of calories right now.

It's officially one week post-op and things are okay. I wouldn't call myself hungry at all, but the head hunger is still pretty strong. I am a lot more tired right now (because I feel better and want to do MORE things.) I am a stomach sleeper and can sleep on my stomach . . . okay. . . for part of the night (like I wake up on my stomach and it's not killing me.) I'm pretty much not taking any pain medicine except at night to calm the painful incision so I can rest comfortably. Is there something specific I could answer for you?

Would I do this again? 110%!

Can’t believe there allowing you to Eat not good .99% of all Surgery there is only liquids for the first 2 Weeks then go to purée and mashed .Be very careful you don’t end up with a leak or blockage .
I trust my surgeon and his group. He was one the earliest surgeons to use the sleeve as a primary procedure in 2002 at the University of Pittsburgh. He's done over 3000 sleeves alone. He believes this is the better peri-operative protocol, so I will follow his instructions. I know other groups do things differently, but this is what my group recommends.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I am one week out today and can now advance to purees and mushies. I have to follow that for 2 weeks, then can move to the next phase. Every surgical team is different.

Oh that is so true, from some I have read I'm not sure if they are on the same Planet, let alone same surgery!

I don’t get it. I had my 10 day checkup today and asked about scrambled eggs. The dietician said that’s not a possibility until week 4 after surgery. WHAT!!!!

I am one week out today and can now advance to purees and mushies. I have to follow that for 2 weeks, then can move to the next phase. Every surgical team is different.
While my group goes to puree and mushies the day of discharge, I am stuck at his phase for 4 weeks. So, yes every group is different and they all have there reasons. One thing to be sure is that no ACMBS approved program would put their patients at risk.

I did eggs I think 3 weeks out agreed every Dr is different.I don’t believe it’s safe to push that suture line with foods to early even myself I’m 7 Months out and the Dr says your stomach is still healing so chew well

Anyone care to show their battle scars??20181219_142615.jpeg 20181219_142635.jpeg 20181219_142640.jpeg 20181219_142644.jpeg

I'm almost 5 days out, feeling fantastic on my no sugar juice and broth only. I still somehow have energy even with pretty much no Protein intake. Wishing this bloating and inflammation would go down. But overall NO REGRETS

Not really doing too well. Whether I drink or don't drink I have intermittent chest pain that feels like someone is squeezing me right in the middle of my chest. I talked to my doctor's NP this morning and her suggestion was that I take my Percocets. I've been avoiding them since I wasn't having constant unbearable pain. I feel like my pain is being dismissed and I have a bunch of errands to run before I graduate on Wednesday so I can't even take the Percocet [emoji58]. Here's to hoping things get easier
my Dr told me that was sto.ach spasms to take a muscle relaxer will help

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Be careful Hannah Protein helps your body heal. I think it’s the only think consistent across the board.
Yes . ... That is the one constant that every surgeon requires.

Sent the last I reply too. You need the Protein to heal but also because during the rapid weight loss phase you will lose muscle mass if you don't have enough protein. The concern isn't about skeletal muscle, but critical smooth muscle tissue like your heart! A couple of days not meeting your protein goals won't hurt you, but if you are not eating any calories from protein you are going to end up back in the hospital with serious complications.