Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Welcome! Batty VSG and I also got sleeved on the 12th...welcome to the loser's bench!!

Ha! Thanks.

Hello everyone, I stumbled upon this site and I am so thankful I did. I had the sleeve done on December 10th, and I feel as though nothing has happened. I've always been good drinker so drinks are no problem and I can not tell when I am full. I just stop if it feels like it's turning over, but then after a few seconds, it's gone. Is this normal? I don't want to mess up anything, and I'm still on liquids but have a had a few bites of very soft foods.

3 hours ago, LZN2512 said:

I still stand by that the gas pain in the shoulder was the worst part of all of this!!!! It was horrible!
Heating pad was the only thing that got me some relief!

The only thing I'm a little worried about is that it could be a sign of gallbladder pain? I don't have ANY other symptoms, so I'm assuming it's just gas pain.

3 hours ago, Brenttx said:

Hey everybody! I just got sleeved on December 12th. Just found this place and am getting some good info and looking forward to hearing other people's experiences and ideas throughout this new journey.

Welcome to the loser's bench, @Myhorseisfattoo and I were sleeved on the same day. How are you feeling?

1 hour ago, batty_vsg said:

The only thing I'm a little worried about is that it could be a sign of gallbladder pain? I don't have ANY other symptoms, so I'm assuming it's just gas pain.

Welcome to the loser's bench, @Myhorseisfattoo and I were sleeved on the same day. How are you feeling?

Better every day. That gas pain was terrible at the hospital and for the next day but thankfully it's gone now!

6 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Welcome! Batty VSG and I also got sleeved on the 12th...welcome to the loser's bench!!

Me too. One week tomorrow!!!!

I was sleeved on the 12th as well!!

Well, the deed is done. 8am surgery this morning so I have had a long day of sleeping and not much else. Finally got up walking and went 5x farther than they wanted as a minimum.

The bloated gas pains really are unpleasant. Now I have added hiccups which really suck. I got some gas-x so I hope a little relief from the pressure will calm down my diaphragm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to thank everyone here to help me understand what I was getting into and being so supportive. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Well, I had my surgery yesterday and was released from the hospital this afternoon. The surgery went well, text book according to my Doctor. As far as pain is concerned, it's been minimal for me. A little gas but nothing terrible. My abdomen is sore, like I over did it on crunches (a lot). So far there is no we pain at the incision sites---except when I cough or sneeze. I think I had some mild pain and nausea when I woke up in the recovery room, but they gave me morphine and anti-nausea meds and I was ok. The only thing that surprised me was how hard it was to pee from the anesthesia. I also had a sore throat but I brought biotene and chlorosceptic sprays with me and they helped a lot.

I didn't eat or drink anything until this afternoon--after I passed radiology. They gave me ice Water to start. That was not great. It made my stomach spasm. The for lunch they gave me tuna salad, cream of chicken Soup and a cup of milk. I just had a few small spoonfulls of the chicken salad and soup and was stuffed. The chicken salad was a little tough to eat. That was rough for a first meal. When I got home, I made myself some proti soup (cream of chicken) and I drank half a premier shake

For dinner, I had a tablespoon of rigotta cheese with cinnamon and nutmeg. I was stuffed from a tablespoon! Weird! I also had a soft boiled egg. I just finished my premier shake to try to get my Protein in. Drinking went ok.....just lots of sips. Warm us easier to drink than cold. Anyway, I am now 36 hours post op...so the post op phase begins.

I am attaching some pictures from a couple of hours post op and some "before" pictures prior to leaving for the hospital. I lost 17 pounds on the pre op diet on top of the 15 I took off since my first consultation on last As April.20181218_075156.jpeg 20181218_075149.jpeg 20181217_093529.jpeg 20181217_093538.jpeg 20181217_093551.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by SteveT74
Typos

3 hours ago, Unstuck said:

Well, the deed is done. 8am surgery this morning so I have had a long day of sleeping and not much else. Finally got up walking and went 5x farther than they wanted as a minimum.

The bloated gas pains really are unpleasant. Now I have added hiccups which really suck. I got some gas-x so I hope a little relief from the pressure will calm down my diaphragm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to thank everyone here to help me understand what I was getting into and being so supportive. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

The bloating and gas suck. I up 2am because of gas and bloating and I am 24 hours a head of you in recovery. I consider it more like unpleasant discomfort, not real pain. I have had occasional hiccups, but not continuous. Those do suck a lot!!! Suck=hurt!!! I have no advice on that. I hope other chime in.

Edited by SteveT74

Me! I just had mine done after a year and a half of waiting! Crazy but I'm super excited. Surgery Date was Friday, December 14 :)

Can’t believe there allowing you to Eat not good .99% of all Surgery there is only liquids for the first 2 Weeks then go to purée and mashed .Be very careful you don’t end up with a leak or blockage .

On 12/18/2018 at 15:47, shanza said:

Hello everyone, I stumbled upon this site and I am so thankful I did. I had the sleeve done on December 10th, and I feel as though nothing has happened. I've always been good drinker so drinks are no problem and I can not tell when I am full. I just stop if it feels like it's turning over, but then after a few seconds, it's gone. Is this normal? I don't want to mess up anything, and I'm still on liquids but have a had a few bites of very soft foods.

This is absolutely normal. I thought for sure they didn’t do anything to my stomach because liquids and even yogurt went down with no problem. Once I started on soft foods I was like “WOW” - major restriction. Good luck!!

Thank you so much! This site is SO informative and can't wait to be apart of this.