Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Update:Surgery 12/4. The night in the hospital was a little rough, I was nauseated with the dry heaves. They drug you up and then wake you up every hour. The worse pain is in my neck and back from laying on my back to sleep and falling asleep in the chair a lot. Tuesday, I can have “full liquids” and I think I am ready... Cream Soups, thin oatmeal, grits, pudding, and almond milk sound great!!! I do not like sweet tasting items at this point. I am drinking chocolate Orgain Protein Shakes, wonton Soup broth, and crunching tropical popsicles and crushed ice. The staples are sore and itchy but not a big deal. Just don’t forget and sit straight up in the middle of the night...ouch!! 😩 The weight is falling off so far. I get my staples out Friday!!! So far not that bad!!! 👍👍👍

My surgery was 12/6. So far not to bad. Pain is tolerable haven't taken any pain medicine... the first 2 days were clear liquid only. I am now on full liquid for the next 12 days. This started today tried some greek yogurt and a slim fast it was okay. Will try again tomorrow. I can see this is going to be a long 2 weeks. Already want to be on pureed.

Kjuno: I asked my Dr about the danger of throwing up due to so many ppl saying they feel naseaus. My Dr said dry heaves won't hurt. She also said throwing up is not the end of the world if we dont have much in our stomach. However if I throw up in the hospital, she will do an upper gi to make sure it didn't cause a leak. I'm gonna stay on top of the nausea meds the first few days, cuz the anesthesia leaving my body makes me nauseas

I live 3 hours from where I'm getting my surgery. I have a pre surgery appt tomorrow afternoon then surgery on Tuesday. So we are leaving tomorrow morning and staying in a hotel then surgery! I can't believe its here! I'm super excited..right now anyways. I go back and forth between nervous and excited. I've stuck to the clear liquid diet religiously, so surely I can do this!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Having a weird experience the last day or so, pretty much everything is tasting sickly sweet to me. I was drinking Protein Shakes pre-op that I liked and now i'm struggling to drink them as I find them wicked sweet. This must be the change in taste buds some people talk about..

In other news 3 days left of liquids then onto soft diet and im definitely going to make that ricotta bake that some people made on this forum, i can't wait to taste some cheese ha (hopefully it agrees with me) Has anyone any other suggestions for their first food they are gonna make when they are allowed soft/pureed food??

Having a weird experience the last day or so, pretty much everything is tasting sickly sweet to me. I was drinking Protein Shakes pre-op that I liked and now i'm struggling to drink them as I find them wicked sweet. This must be the change in taste buds some people talk about..
In other news 3 days left of liquids then onto soft diet and im definitely going to make that ricotta bake that some people made on this forum, i can't wait to taste some cheese ha (hopefully it agrees with me) Has anyone any other suggestions for their first food they are gonna make when they are allowed soft/pureed food? ?
What ever I was boiling, chicken nd vegies, I'll just drop them in the processor [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

This will be my first post but I know not my last, I appreciate this site and my heaviest was beginning of November 2018 and once cleared to speak with the surgeon he put me on a two Protein Shake and 400 calorie dinner regiment and I have been swimming and drinking a Gallon of Water a day (I know that wont be happing for a while). My Date is Dec 18 and VSG just 8 days away and I am currently at 401. Trying my best to stay dialed in this weekend was the toughest as far as discipline and I had a couple cheat meals the Doctor last saw me at 401 and approved the date for the 18th now I'm turning it up a bit this week, Thank you for this opportunity to take this Journey with you all Prayers, and well wishes and advice go along way....... Thank you

19 hours ago, Jendkopp said:

Kjuno: I asked my Dr about the danger of throwing up due to so many ppl saying they feel naseaus. My Dr said dry heaves won't hurt. She also said throwing up is not the end of the world if we dont have much in our stomach. However if I throw up in the hospital, she will do an upper gi to make sure it didn't cause a leak. I'm gonna stay on top of the nausea meds the first few days, cuz the anesthesia leaving my body makes me nauseas

That's one of my biggest fears too. I hate throwing up period. The words "dry heave" do not even sound fun, especially not after surgery. :(

Good luck! I've heard that you've got to follow instructions to the T....I hope you do well!

19 hours ago, MrClasik said:

Dec 10th! First thing in the morning.

Good luck!!

On 12/9/2018 at 11:01 AM, kjuno said:

SACtexas they’ve only had u doing prep for a month?

Yes, it seems short right?? So far no issues with insurance and they will pay 90% so we're pushing forward. I feel like I need to cram for an exam. I'm reading, watching videos and trying to psych myself up for this life changing adventure.

Wow yea for most it’s 6months. My surgery is FINALLY here!!! Tomorrow 12/11 8:30