Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

2 hours ago, AggiG said:

My surgery is scheduled for December 11, 3 days from now. Starting to get a little nervous.

Mine's the 11th too! I'm nervous also, but we got this!!!!!

4 hours ago, Jeelena2019 said:

Scheduled for gastric sleeve December 11th. Has anyone found a cup or device that dispenses one once of liquid at a time to use after surgery?

My surgery center gave me about 10 medicine cups. They are 1 ounce each

The hospital gave me a bag of them, I also ordered on Amazon before I knew they were going to give me.

Back home now, feels good to be back in my bed— less good to walk in exhausted to whiny kids! 😂
There was an error on my pain meds, dr wanted 150ml, but the script only said 15ml, so when my husband went to pick it up tonight it only had 15 ml— one dose in it! Dr can’t do anything else tonight, so i have to wait until tomorrow! Hopefully i just sleep and don’t feel any pain!!!

How is everyone from this week adjusting? Are you "eating" drinking anything other than Water and gatorade? That's pretty much all I have consumed in the last two days, water and Gatorade. I don't want anything else. No worries on my end. It'll get better. Gas is passing through, so yay for that. How are you all who have had surgery this week?

I’m doing quite well. I walked 70+ laps before discharge and worked all my gas out. I’m post op day 3 today. I was able to take 75 oz today (between Water, Protein Shakes and power aid zero) I also tried 10 spoonfuls of cream of chicken Soup that my nutritionist recommended. That filled me up quickly.

The pain has all but left, and Tylenol is all that I need now. (There is still quite a bit of visceral pain that is very positional though, but it’s very tolerable)

15 minutes ago, VSGDavid said:

I’m doing quite well. I walked 70+ laps before discharge and worked all my gas out. I’m post op day 3 today. I was able to take 75 oz today (between Water, Protein Shakes and power aid zero) I also tried 10 spoonfuls of cream of chicken Soup that my nutritionist recommended. That filled me up quickly.

The pain has all but left, and Tylenol is all that I need now. (There is still quite a bit of visceral pain that is very positional though, but it’s very tolerable)

Sounds great David!! Keep up the good work! I plan to try broth tomorrow. Yesterday and today has been switching between G2 and Water, more water than G2. Oh, and the occasional sugar free tropical popsicle. My pain is very minimal and is only really recognized when I turn or move wrong. If I didn't have to battle against nausea the first two days, I think I would've been able to have shakes and such as well. Nonetheless, I am pleased with where I am and how I feel. Glad it's coming along great for you, David!

Hello All -

I am new to the group. Have been investigating doing this type of surgery for about a year. Started meeting with a surgeon in Nov. Just recently scheduled surgery for Dec 31st. What a way to Celebrate the new year! I'm a bit nervous (especially after someone misread a CAT scan). Almost feels like being at the top of a roller coaster right before it goes over the edge - really, really fast!!

Well it’s my first night home, 2:30am and I woke up super nauseous... and in pain. Gonna take the pain meds I have and try to go back to sleep. So much of my day is ok and then sporadically i will just feel horrible out of the blue.

So I heard from my insurance company by phone on 12/7 that I approved for my sleeve. Doctors office said they were still waiting to hear from them. Once they do I can set set an official surgery date. Can’t wait.

SACtexas they’ve only had u doing prep for a month?

2 days until surgery super excited!!! Is there anything anyone had wished they had done surgery. Like anything they brought to the hospital or had ready for when they got home?
I stacked all the Water high enough so I wouldn’t have to be d over. I have my kiddos diaper changing stuff next to the couch since I won’t be able to lift him. Made all the cream Soups froze them in ice cube trays (each slot is an ounce) for easy accessibility. Was just wondering if there is anything else I could do.

I brought a neck pillow— like one for flying and i think it really helped in the hospital! The beds are not so comfortable and it really made me a bit more comfortable there!

Nice.

Well it’s my first night home, 2:30am and I woke up super nauseous... and in pain. Gonna take the pain meds I have and try to go back to sleep. So much of my day is ok and then sporadically i will just feel horrible out of the blue.
That nausea, put it down by smelling perfume or alcohol swab, i hop it helps u like it helped me. Sleep tight.

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello All -
I am new to the group. Have been investigating doing this type of surgery for about a year. Started meeting with a surgeon in Nov. Just recently scheduled surgery for Dec 31st. What a way to Celebrate the new year! I'm a bit nervous (especially after someone misread a CAT scan). Almost feels like being at the top of a roller coaster right before it goes over the edge - really, really fast!!
[emoji6] its gonna be a rollercoaster, but you can make it a safe ride too, follow instructions and hold on tight [emoji6] all the best.

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app