Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

I really want to thank those who took the time to say those awesome words to me. We always end up being our worst critics right? But, for once, I'm doing something for me. Not my family, not my friends - for me.

Hey family, had my surgery 12/3. Doing fantastically! Walk walk walk. Sipping is super difficult in the first 4 days I’d say. Yesterday was day 2 of my all liquids and I realized when I do Soup it is best to eat off a spoon. When I sipped from a coffee cup, i keep getting really bloated. Take your time and recover. Right now, 6 days out my itchy incisions are the absolute worst! Been taking Benadryl to help with the itchies. Otherwise, you GOT this! Best of luck on your day!! ❤️

Glad to hear there’s a light at the end of the tunnel! My night in the hospital was ok, The chest pain has seemed subside now my incisions are becoming painful. I haven’t taken any strong painkillers so that’s good, just a lot of anti nausea meds. sleeping, walking and ice chips seem to all help. Also, I randomly brought a neck pillow to the hospital (like the ones you use on an airplane) and it has been a lifesaver!!!! Highly recommend. Honestly my back hurts the worst from laying in this bed so much!!!

Hey Everyone!!! I wanted to add another update at the hospital, but was to busy walking and sleeping. I had surgery on Thursday, IMMEDIATELY the nausea took over. The staff updated my family while I was in recovery and shared that I been back there throwing up in my sleep. Got to the room and that continued literally all day on Thursday and yesterday. Had it not been for the nausea.... I would have had such simple days.

Yesterday they FINALLY found a combination for me to free me from the nausea. After Thursday, I didn't need pain medicine. There is some discomfort, and on my end due to the constant heaving, and lots of swelling. I just laid back down from walking again.

It is true to never trust passing gas. Each time I have gone to the bathroom and each time, saved my pride!!! I have my pain medicine, both nausea medicines, pepcid, and gas X on my nightstand and have been only using the nausea meds, and gas meds. All in all, some discomfort, lots of walking, sipping, and resting. Whoever is next.. you have this!! You will do wonderfully.

8 hours ago, Sarah M. said:

Thanx for sharing, guess what? I had only 4 holes, they are as neat and clean as yours , feels like speedy healing ha

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the fifth hole simply because of my starting weight. He said afterwards though, he could have done it with four, since I followed the preop diet so well, my liver almost didn't need a retractor.

26 minutes ago, Psyched said:

Hey Everyone!!! I wanted to add another update at the hospital, but was to busy walking and sleeping. I had surgery on Thursday, IMMEDIATELY the nausea took over. The staff updated my family while I was in recovery and shared that I been back there throwing up in my sleep. Got to the room and that continued literally all day on Thursday and yesterday. Had it not been for the nausea.... I would have had such simple days.

Yesterday they FINALLY found a combination for me to free me from the nausea. After Thursday, I didn't need pain medicine. There is some discomfort, and on my end due to the constant heaving, and lots of swelling. I just laid back down from walking again.

It is true to never trust passing gas. Each time I have gone to the bathroom and each time, saved my pride!!! I have my pain medicine, both nausea medicines, pepcid, and gas X on my nightstand and have been only using the nausea meds, and gas meds. All in all, some discomfort, lots of walking, sipping, and resting. Whoever is next.. you have this!! You will do wonderfully.

So sorry you're having such a trial with nausea! Hang in there!

Update: Nausea seems to be gone for now, pain is at a 2... they did finally give me some drugs which helped! Right now the gas pain in my shoulder is the worst part, it’s trapped up there and it makes laying down super uncomfortable!!! Other then that I feel ok right now!

How did it go?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

The best part, when they put that mask on me I felt am in the clouds, went to sleep immmmmmmmediately , and the second part was, when I woke up, mom was filming me [emoji1] , i guess I had fun for a while then we spoke seriously, the dehydration is no joke, sometimes I couldn't open my eyes, i had to use eye drops, my lips where cracked like an old toast, the worst thing was illusion of pizza keeps roaming around my head, i have that addiction for food in general and pizzas in specific [emoji85] now I feel bit weak, can't drink enough Water cos it hurts sometimes. But in general I feel like I could make it till the end and succeed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

I am a good addict, too. I've already decided I will be staying in psych therapy for quite a while. I won't do this surgery without seeing a therapist weekly.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, VSGDavid said:

So sorry you're having such a trial with nausea! Hang in there!

Thanks do much @VSGDavid! It's been a lot better today. I haven't thrown up, so I'll take that. Gas is rumbling about in my tummy, but that's to be expected and hasn't been to bad. How are you? How is it coming?

My surgery is scheduled for December 11, 3 days from now. Starting to get a little nervous.

Scheduled for gastric sleeve December 11th. Has anyone found a cup or device that dispenses one once of liquid at a time to use after surgery?

11 minutes ago, Jeelena2019 said:

Scheduled for gastric sleeve December 11th. Has anyone found a cup or device that dispenses one once of liquid at a time to use after surgery?

Uhhh...shot glass??????? 😈

I’m scheduled for a gastric sleeve December 11th. The biggest thing I’m freaked out about is how many people are saying they have had dry heaves or have been throwing up. Is it bc of the surgery itself? Or the Aneasthesia? And can that hurt ur stomach? I mean like do damage or anything ?